How Do I Sign up for Golden Keys?

• Level  

Please explain, my mate told me what to do when I first got the game, but didn't really listen because I didn't know I'd be so into Borderlands as much as I am!!!

• Level   7

First, you register for shift by going to this page:

https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/home

Sign up with a valid email and once you do you will get a confirmation to that email account. That email will not contain a code, there actually is no code even though the Xbox will ask for one. Click on the link provided in the email to confirm your account. This is important, it will not work if you don't confirm the account.

Once that is done, you will have to do the rest from your console. Turn on your XBox, and launch Borderlands.

From the Main Menu select Extras.

Select 'Shift Code' from the menu. You will then be prompted to enter your code, which you don't have.

Instead of entering a code press X to 'Redeem Offer.' You’ll get a message that says something about you being eligible for a reward, I don’t remember exactly what it says, but the reward you get is a Gold Key.

You then just pick any of your characters and launch the game. When you start the game, you'll get a notification you have a Gold Key available. To see your Gold Key(s) in inventory, look in the bottom left corner of your Bada$$ screen and they will be listed there.

• Level   7

Ah, it looks like I've already redeemed my code from that way, probably didn't realise at the time, sorry for wasting your time!

• Level   8

Sorry but it's me not understanding something or the "valid email" should be "the email you use with your microsft account"?

• Level   7

uait

Sorry but it's me not understanding something or the "valid email" should be "the email you use with your microsft account"?

It just has to be an active email address. It does not have to be the same address as the one on your XBL account.

• Level   7

^^ oh really :P