Drop rates...

• Level   7
    I know, it's been mentioned a million times but it's aggravating how the drop rate is so minuscule. I've found 3 legendaries in my entire time playing. My BA rank is 13000, and except for the occasional purple drops, I have little motivation to play at times. I hate the act of farming, and I found the final payoff for "Mister Torgue" to be very unsatisfying. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, I just know it would be better with a greater drop rate. I'm not talking about a legendary at every corner either. BL1 had good rates, no farming was particularly necessary to get good gear (except for pearls). Now in BL2 you almost have to spend hours farming just to get a peek of a legendary. Yes, they're rare, I get it. I would just like to "stumble" across them BL1 style compared to grinding for long periods of time. Please give your opinion on this.

• Level   5

Tbh I totally agree killing crawmrax  however you spell it was fun you had no idea what to expect just a lot of loot.  However on 2 killing certain bosses for certain items just don't seem borderlandish

• Level   5

Drop rates do suck for most bosses but my advice is farm Pete, he will treat you right lol.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (5/20/14)

Dying Light (TBA)

Evolve (TBA)

Quantum Break (Most Anticipated)

• Level   3

Agree 100% on farming Pete, he's drops oranges so often and every time you drop him there's 3-5 purples as well.  A nerfed bee with a Sand Hawk will drop him in about 4-5 minutes and it'll be well worth it.  In probably 50 runs on him I've had him drop 15-20 oranges including all Legendary class mods and many great weapons and grenades.

You know, denial ain't just a river in Egypt?!?!
    • Level   7

The farming though, I hate it. Why can't we just find good guns in the core game? I killed Pete once, yeah his loot was good but I want to find good loot anywhere, not just from him.

• Level   1

I am only a low level so I havent got much chance of legendaries but I did get one legendary grenade mod from Boom Bewm. I'm only level 13 and am doing quest in sanctuary so for now I'm happy. I'll see how it goes when it gets to higher level enemies and bosses.

• Level   4

The drop rates are terrible in Borderlands 2 but the CEO of Gearbox posted on his twitter feed when people complained about drop rates in November said they were "fine" and "better then real life". It's this kinda of attitude that is ruining the fun factor of Borderlands 2. It's no fun farming a boss for hours and hours to get one legendary item. The raid bosses are not too much fun to fight either. I'm just going to run out the season pass and move on. Gearbox will not get another penny of my money.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

• Level   4

I'm calling him Pete The Incredible now. Just starting farming him for some seraphs and on my 2nd kill of the day he dropped 3 LEGENDARIES! Impaler Shield, MadHouse and a Legendary Siren Mod. Better farm him while you can before people start to complain about it and gearbox nerfs his drop rates lol.

Dying Light (TBA)

Evolve (TBA)

• Level   3

Wow that is awesome..I need to figure out how to solo him.

• Level   5

I killed him like 20 times with my 2 friends and only got a whisky tango foxtrot I dont find him all that great

• Level   7

little motivation to play... that sums it up and i think why i don't see as many friends playing Borderlands 2 even with new dlc. i did have a bunch of friends playing when it came out.

Everyone & their dog plays that game. It's slightly adjusted from the year before only with a new title
    Why is this broken video game getting patched again and again and again, did i pay $$$ to be a beta tester?

• Level   7

Well I will say this, farming someone and getting a Legendary drop after only 20 times is a lot better than most of the others right? I mean Terra, The Warrior, Hyperious, Master Gee, Doc Mercy (just to name a few). Getting drops from them can be crazy at times. I think it's safe to say Pete has the higher drop rate of anyone, not to mention he has a chance to drop any legendary. I'm not in no way protecting the drop rates in this game (as I have stated above) but I know for a fact Pete is the only person worth farming.

Dying Light (TBA)

Evolve (TBA)

• Level   6

I just killed him 3 separate times and have only seen 1 legendary per kill. I've gotten a fabled tortoise, homing fire bee, and a stopping emperor. I don't value any except the bee. But I do agree that even soloing Pete takes too much time for the low drop rate that he has. I guess we should be grateful he drops seraph crystals at least... /sarcasm

• Level   5

Think its dependant on wether your after specifics for example farming a infiity would probally be equally as fast on doc but a longer period of nothing

Are you ment to leave the quest open to farm him or is this after everythings handed in ?

• Level   5

@Meshuggala, Are you saying you killed him only 3 times and got 1 legendary each time? And how long is it taking you to kill Pete, shouldn't be longer than 3 minutes with the right equipment. @Vortey, I never got an Infinity from Pete but he's dropped Legendaries much better than an Inifinty. Doc Mercy has one of the lowest drop rates in the game. Oh yeah, I turned in the quest and farm Pete afterwards.

Dying Light (TBA)

Evolve (TBA)