FREEZING ON MULTIPLAYER SCREEN

• Level   2

Hi,

Please somebody help before i take a hammer to my egg box!!!

I have had Black ops 2 since it came out, i can play the story mode but when i go to play the multiplayer it freezes?? i can get as far as the 5 second count down when in the map then nothing? i need to turn my xbox off to do anything else. 

My network is fine as i can sign into xobx live no problem. 

Again i can play the story mode on the game no problem.

Is anybody else having the same problem??

Please help :(

• Level   7

Is it installed to your harddrive? or have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? have you tried cleaning your xbox cache?

• Level   2

i have it installed on my hard drive.... i have deleted everything else i have on it. How would i clear my cache??

thanks for the reply

• Level   7

here you go :)

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

• Level   2

ok cleared cache on HD and deleed game off HD. Just tried to play it on multiplayer there and it froze on loading up map!

Looks good but I'm now getting peed off with this

• Level   7

looks like you might have to head of to the official treyarch support forums mate

support.activision.com/pkb_Home

• Level   2

cheers buddy for links and replays

• Level   7

no worries let us know how you get on mate

• Level   7

could you get hold of a friends copy or rent a copy and see if its a defective disk

• Level   2

would that make a difference if i can play the  story mode with my disk? i can roam about the multiplayer bit but as soon as i select say core then any game, i can see other players names and can choose a map but then when the game loads into play if freezes? not had any luck on the other site yet.

• Level   7

i dunno if it makes a differance mate , i dont even know if the game needs to access the disk at all when its installed but its worth a shot. I think the game only needs to be in the console when installed purely for piracy reasons. I have noticed my disk spinning up at ramdom times thiough and i have it installed.

• Level   2

try going into your HDD and deleting the game update. dashboard -> settings -> system -> storage -> storage device -> games and apps -> black ops 2. delete title update. launch game and it should work.

• Level   2

i keep getting this error stating: the game could not start. try installing the game again. i have cleaned my cache and it suprisingly it worked but then an hour with of playing i switched to zombies and pop comes that message again and i have tried to find out what was wrong this time but no luck. i am thinking maybe i have a bugged disk but i have manage to go through 3 copies of black ops 2 and all of them did the same thing after playing mulitplayer after playing on carrier