League Play Suggestions

• Level   8

After seriously putting some time into League Play, I have the following suggestions (in order of importance):

1) Please use a competitive ruleset for the Champions Series playlist.

2) Prevent the host on the other team from giving your team the loss purely by dashboarding.

3) Put the highest league somewhere in the combat record. Some people won't want to take a hit in their personal stats if others can't even see the league they are in.

4) More XP should be awarded for the winning team. One of the biggest problems with getting people to play League Play right now is that everyone is in a race to level up.

5) Give the option for the players of a team to unanimously vote to forfeit the match. Whenever you are stomping a team and 3 of the guys leave, it becomes a very boring 4v1 match. This happens frequently whenever you are playing your placement matches with a new team. That 1 guy doesn't want to leave because he will be punished for leaving a game early. But at that same time, he would probably accept a forfeit so that he didn't waste everyone's time.

I realize that some people here may not understand why (1) is important, so let that one be. Please discuss 2-5.

XBF: Where unskilled, inexperienced gamers go to talk about casual games in a serious manner.

• Level   3

I really like your #5 suggestion. I've been on the losing end many times and found myself to be the only member on my team left playing but do not want to be punished for leaving.

Defiance Character: Brother Dan (fits the whole Dantology way of thinking)

• Level   4

I agree with each of your points.

-

Point 1: Might be daft question but what exactly is "competitive ruleset" Not sure if this would come under it but my initial thoughts was having the aim/target assist being disabled within League Play, Which will stop these quickscoping folk

-

Point 2: Happened to me and I received one of these 5min bans. Wasn't pleased at all.

-

Point 4: More XP is needed overall. Seems to be just 500xp for completing in a losing match or 1000cp for winning. Your end score after a match isn't added to level when it should or part of it should .

-

Point 5: A forfeit option should be included. Its can be very annoying being in a team of one (ME) against 4. I did win a match once like that.

-

Also, I don't understand why you can't complete challenges under League Play?

• Level   3

By "competitive ruleset" he means something along the lines of MLG rules that ban the use of certain items/weapons/perks to make the game more "competitive." Such as no assault shields or RPG's.

The thoughts in my head are the unnumbered pages of the stories I must tell tossed in the wind.
    • Level   3

^^Yeah, only a few perks and weapons or attachments allowed. NO SSRs and delayed spawns.

• Level   3

I always find MLG rule sets to be a bit limiting.  I can understand some things like round lengths/spawn timers/health options.  But as annoying as some of the stuff is in the game I find it silly that they would remove tons of stuff when there are counters for it (as in flak jacket actually works in this game).  Now something like the OMA/danger close combination had no real counter and I can understand banning its use in competitive play since even a riot shield and blast shield could not keep you alive from those tubes.

The thoughts in my head are the unnumbered pages of the stories I must tell tossed in the wind.
    • Level   3

WeepyCardshark2

Also, I don't understand why you can't complete challenges under League Play?

It's so people don't try to do something un-competitive, like trying to get enough kills with the knife to complete 1 of the knife's many camo challenges, for example.

• Level   3

TheKillercow

I always find MLG rule sets to be a bit limiting.  I can understand some things like round lengths/spawn timers/health options.  But as annoying as some of the stuff is in the game I find it silly that they would remove tons of stuff when there are counters for it (as in flak jacket actually works in this game).  Now something like the OMA/danger close combination had no real counter and I can understand banning its use in competitive play since even a riot shield and blast shield could not keep you alive from those tubes.

Not all perks are useful anyways. No need for Engineer for example, because NO claymores or other equiptment, just frags and stuns only for everyone. Ive always thought they should have perk set classes for LP, examples, everyone have (Lightweight, Scavenger, Fast Hands, Dexterity, Dead Silence), choice or AR/SMG AND allow two or three attachments also (maybe have a few attachments not in there) and a secondary pistol. NO SSRs. Just an idea.

• Level   3

The explosives are a HUGE aspect of objective play. Taking that out makes having engineer & to a lesser degree flak jacket worthless.

• Level   8

TheKillercow

There are two goals with competitive rulesets:

1) Make the game more competitive (includes removing random elements of the game)

2) Make the game fun to watch, ie, fast paced (tournaments are successful because of sponsors, and sponsors care about the number of viewers)

The current balance that COD has now is based on counters. That's fine for normal play, but for competitive play, too many factors depend on luck. It's like playing an RTS game without the ability to scout. You just roll the dice and hope your stuff counters the other guy's stuff. If it doesn't, you switch classes. Then he switches his class, and around the circle we go. This sort of guessing doesn't have a place in a FPS game.

We could go item by item and give specifics about how it hinders competitive play, but I really don't want to spend that much time on it. The point is that at the end of the day, a more competitive ruleset raises the skill cap by emphasizing gunplay and teamwork while de-emphasizing the rock-paper-scissors game we play with the counter system.

XBF: Where unskilled, inexperienced gamers go to talk about casual games in a serious manner.

• Level   7

What if that bottom right rectangle is reserved for highest league and they are just waiting till the actual "first" season?

Keepin' it classy :: My YouTube Channel

• Level   8

That's a possibility. It's also possible that they have been waiting for the community to play around before they implement a competitive ruleset. Only time will tell...

• Level   6

agree with all 5 of your points OP