Treyarch Temporary Ban for No Reason

• Level   2

I've been playing BO2 since it was released. I got on today and realized that during multiplayer play, everyone was muted. It didn't give an option to unmute anyone, even after trying "Unmute All" in the lobby before entering the actual game.

That said, after some research, I've realized that I have a level two temporary ban, but I have no idea how or why I've received the ban. That said, the only level two ban is associated with "Offensive Language," however, I rarely even have my microphone even powered on, much less, talking to random people I don't know.

That said, what are the chances that grievances are being filed for my game play (I'm not great, but normally finish as the top player each round.), simply because people are getting upset? Treyarch claims to research before a ban is placed, but when all is said and done, I have no absolutely nothing to justify a ban.

I've even tried chatting with them on their chat support. I waited for over an hour in their "queue," only to get down to being the only person in line, and after waiting over 30 minutes as the only person in line, I gave up.

I love CoD, but it's completely unfair that I pay $60 for a game, only to be banned for no reason at all.

• Level   2

Got your kinect mic plugged in?

\o/

Praise The Sun!

• Level   8

Meh I have my Kinect plugged in all the time and I never had this issue ( I wish I did though so they would all be muted automatically :P )

• Level   M

Have you tried posting on the official CoD forums to get an answer? There isn't really anything anyone can do here since it's a game specific suspension.

Post 'as is' and confers no rights
    Forum Rules Yo!

@bowski477

• Level   7

That's good to know they have this tool though.  Makes me glad I report idiots... although I usually have them all muted.

-Purist

• Level   7

I am pretty sure M$ nor TA ban "for nothing", just saying. Play "silent" until its over, no biggy.

• Level   9

I think i would like to have a permanent "level 2 temperory ban" lol

.Randies are all a-holes.
    Gold weapons so far - AK12 - SC2010 - Honeybadger - Remington R5 - M-TAR X -
    • Level   7

ClosingRacer

Meh I have my Kinect plugged in all the time and I never had this issue ( I wish I did though so they would all be muted automatically :P )

I always submit bad player reviews when someone has their annoying kinect mic plugged in.

• Level   5

^^ you could just mute that person...

• Level   9

That is rather harsh to hold against someone using the kinect, just a mute would be better.

#360Elitism
    Are You Yeti Yet?

• Level   8

If you rarely talk online, why does it matter?

Check out my channel!

http://www.youtube.com/Ky3217

https://twitter.com/Ky3217

• Level   6

After some research..............  I've come to the conclusion that this could be your second ban?    look at offensive behavior.  I rarely talk and have the TBxp500's and can connect the wire or not.  If I connect it I can mute it with one finger.  I can't use the Blu-tooth connection the controller I use won't accept it.  It's a legit controller the Razer from bestbuy.  So you did something bad.  What did the email say??????  

Speaking of banning TA should have to give the OK on emblems.  If I see one more peepee ,wee,wee, @@@ or ounce of smegma I'm gonna scream.

While the wicked stand confounded.  Call me with thy Saints surrounded. 

• Level   5

Just an FYI....Even if you play "SILENT" you can still be banned by foul langauge.

-

if you **** off a clan with Lots of members they can join your game sessions and in 2-3 days report violations (Report Emblem, Report offensive language,ect) and what happens is that usually Xbox Live will AUTOMATICALLY put a semi-Hold on your account until an Xbox Live enforcer person checks up on it.

-

This happened to 2 of my Xbox Friends who were playing Domination and made some clan mad at them.  My friends usually have an Xbox Live Party so no chat or communication is going on between them and other players.

-

They were forced (unaware) into an Xbox Live Enforcement Team party where their actions, lack of chat (because of the party), behavior were scrutinized and then invited by the Enforcement TEam party to discuss AFTER playing 1 game.

-

They said it looks like it was a CLAN Bash as usual so they TOOK off the AUTOMATIC BANS that were about to be CONFIRMED on their accounts!

-

Only Problem was that 1 of my 2 friends was Banned after that took place (it was only a 24 hour ban however)... it took longer to remove the Ban than to wait it out but a complaint was filed after the fact.  My friend was credited 1 extra day on his Xbox Live account.

-

We are mindful now whenever we do Clan Ops....  We will play with a Clan but only 1 game and then find a new lobby.... and if we see reoccurring Clan players popping up we are careful and cautious.