"Where'd all of this fog come fr?" *STAB*

• Level  

Yesterday, I decided to try using only the knife for the 1st time ever to unlock some of its camos. Now, I know some of you have done this before, but I'm not quite sure how you approached doing it, so I thought I'd share mine. First, here's the class setup:

no primary

no secondary

no lethal

smoke grenade

ghost/lightweight (perk 1 greed)

scavenger/fast hands (perk 2 greed)

dexterity/extreme conditioning (perk 3 greed)

UAV/hunter killer/counter-UAV

-

With this setup I was able to regularly dominate the competition. With it, I went positive at least 6 games in a row, got multiple bloodthirsty medals, & made top of the scoreboard at least twice.

-

Now, like any other knifing class, you want to be extremely mobile - this way you can get in close to use the knife. That's where the lightweight, dexterity, & extreme conditioning perks come in handy. Lightweight enables you to move faster than anybody else that also isn't using a knife with this perk. Dexterity allows you to climb faster to get behind those pesky snipers quickly as well as ready your knife faster after sprinting. Extreme conditioning, when combined with lightweight & dexterity, allows you to get to where you want to go faster than anybody else so you can start flanking, confusing, or setting up tents as necessary.

-

The other perks come in handy too. Ghost is what I used to keep myself off the enemy's minimap so they can't see me coming. Fast Hands enables me to use my smoke grenade quickly, which is useful if I need to make a quick get away. Scavenger may be last, but to me it's arguably the most important perk for this setup. Why? Well, what's better than having a smoke? Having 2 or more. ;D

-

...and therein lies the key to this whole setup: scavenger & the smoke grenade. You see, the game only allows for 1 smoke grenade because you can't get a 2nd like other tactical grenades - this helps promote game balance & now I can see why. However, the game DOES allow you to get more smoke grenades after you've used it by using scavenger & killing an enemy. With this combination: I can have concealment, easily flank the enemy, help my teammates, escape easily, hide in it, reduce the size of open areas, break snipers' line of sight, & always confuse the enemy. For this reason, I was able to achieve success with the above class over & over again.

-

In conclusion, what do you guys think? Is it a good setup in your opinion or not? Would you use it? Or have you used something similar? Do you think there's another setup that might be better? If so, why? Discuss.

• Level   5

I'll use it myself and see how it is. Normally I like to use Cold Blooded so people can't tell I'm hiding in wait.

"If you die instantly, it's not really a problem now is it?"

• Level   5

LOL, this makes me think of some retarded ninja comic hero that vanishes with a smoke bomb.

i call him

Mr Stabby Mc Stabber!

• Level   6

Seems good, but like Renegon said, I'd run Cold Blooded. Replace Fast Hands with it.

The Femme Fatale.

• Level   9

I run:

no primary

no secondary

lightweight/blind eye

cold blooded

ext cond/engineer

semtex

bh x 2

I like the idea of scavenger, but i dont want to do away with enough for 2 more points

I like blind eye .... I can run around out in the open immune to the air support that I feed the enemy. And with my 2 bh's, I can actually eliminate it altogether so I'm not &*^%ing over my teammates.

Engineer helps me find the campers, those are my favorite targets when knifing. and if my bh's are available, I can hack their claymores, betties etc easier.

I've had pretty good luck with this setup at times, and sometimes I just do horrible. Knifing is all about connection in this game.

Believe it or not, I find this setup rather useful in objective modes ( except hardpoint and headquarters). With no gun to fire and no gamer tag, the enemy overlooks me quite frequently. Its also a great kc setup, knifing is a gauranteed confirm, and again  .... no muzzle flashes and no gt, sometimes the enemy doesnt even notice me till stab a couple of them from behind.

While I'm thinking of it .... what happened to ctf in chaos moshpit. It was there in the beginning but not now and this setup works good there too.

• Level   2

Not about stabbing but i love using the smoke bombs. Not enough people use them. They are great for cover AND deception. Ill throw smoke and a betty inside it...boom. I also use the smoke for deception. Ill toos a smoke bomb to the left and 99 out a 100 times the enemy will look and aim for the smoke all the while I went right and flanked them and get easy kills.

Sorry, nothing to see here folks. Dont need any "HEY, look at me im cool" sigs
    • Level   2

I can see why cold-blooded would be a good choice, and I even tried it, but I personally prefer fast hands simply because it allows me to throw the smoke more quickly if I need an escape. The advantage with cold-blooded is that you'll be harder to spot with no red name or show up on player-controlled air support, or target finders or millimeter scanners. In my experience, most players don't pay enough attention to the former & even if they were to spot you with the latter, you'll be able to move so fast that they won't be able to keep their sights on you. You're likely to die a lot anyways, so I don't bother with cold-blooded or blind eye.

• Level   5

I see where you're going with this Geek. To each his own in this pick. I prefer to hide a little more often than not and find that this helps me. I also like to hide out from snipers and rushers who don't see me until it's far too late. I may try out both though to see which one is better.

"If you die instantly, it's not really a problem now is it?"

• Level   8

I'd drop fast hands for Tactician and a flash bang.  I'd also swap out Ghost and Dexterity for Flak Jacket and Tac Mask.  Your setup is kind of at a disadvantage for shock charges/betties/claymores.

• Level   8

IxAMxSNIPERFROG

I'd drop fast hands for Tactician and a flash bang.  I'd also swap out Ghost and Dexterity for Flak Jacket and Tac Mask.  Your setup is kind of at a disadvantage for shock charges/betties/claymores.

I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up ghost for flak jacket - with all that speed, you're likely to outrun the explosives & with all that movement, won't show up with ghost.

-  

Tac Mask is certainly a useful option & 1 that I actually considered. Between dexterity & extreme conditioning, I think I'd rather give up the latter instead. I find climbling quickly over obstacles can be a lifesaver whereas running a little bit further probably won't be necessary with lightweight & staying in close-quarters next to cover quite often.

• Level   8

Reminds me of what I use to do when I played Demolition. When defending the bomb, I would put claymores all over the ground by the bomb and throw smoke on it. People would haplessly run into he smoke and become one with it.

\o/

Praise The Sun!

• Level   8

Knifing only wheres my hands out, kinda like running and gunning. If I go try hard, Im only good for like 6 games.

• Level   3

I haven't set up a spider monkey class yet, but I sure do love me some smoke grenades. Smoke plus Nuketown 24/7 is pure bliss when you set up a sniper or two using thermal. My crew usual has two or three canisters blowing at all times.

• Level   9

Galactic Geek
       I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up ghost for flak jacket - with all that speed, you're likely to outrun the explosives & with all that movement, won't show up with ghost.

Imo ghost is kind of useless in this game. The minimap seems to be a second or two behind, and that can be a lot of distance when running lightweight. Although if you are using smoke as cover ghost probably works well for that. But I'd probably still leave off ghost and let the little red dot running 50 yards behind me confuse the enemy.

• Level   7

sounds cool. My friend was doing this last night on slums....It got really annoying because of all the smoke though. It was constantly appearing in my path/view.