Split Screen?

• Level   8
    Ok, I rarely start threads, particularly on un released titles. My biggest issue with Blops is the split screen players (and lag switchers) who come on. Not the players personally but the fact that they lag so much, even worse when you're host. Other players seem to be at a disadvantage and I think this should be scrapped from public lobbies and moved to private matches. At the end of the day, the choice is there and can be used as an advantage, just don't see it as reasonable game play. Of course, if you could have 2 xbox's configured to the used ports at the same time in the same house, maybe people wouldn't do this? IDK, I'm looking forward to next week, just letting off a whinge ;)
    • Level   6

I have nothing against split screen players as when my nephew comes round I usually let him play with me. I hardly ever 'lag' unless I'm connected with some Americans. There are more split screeners that you think and you can't always tell which players are split, they don't all share gamertags so the (1) doesn't show. Lag switchers on the other hand. Never played with one so it doesn't affect me.

• Level   5

I usually have no probelem with split screeners, but they do seem to lag a lot. Although I think they should be taken out of search and destroy, I saw a guy once in S&D who had 2 controllers in and when died he switched to his other controller on the split screen.

• Level   8

personally i think split screeners should have their own lobbies filled with other splitters

JUSTICE FOR THE 96 YNWA 15-4-89

• Level   6

How is black ops 2 a copy and paste of MW3, you mean because they have guns and most of the same game modes?

• Level   7

UK bakb0ne

How is black ops 2 a copy and paste of MW3, you mean because they have guns and most of the same game modes?

Graphics, gameplay, almost nonstop killstreaks pretty much everything about it. Like I said, its more of a copy of MW3 than MW3 was of MW2. Its like all they did is use the same exact engine which is getting old and changed the maps layouts and skins. All they had to do is release these maps from Black Ops 2 on MW3 and you wouldn't even know the difference. Theres plenty of video out on it so you should be able to see that for yourself, if not you will find out in a week.

• Level   6

Lol, same old comments each year <sigh>, you could say the same about every game that has ever had more than one release. Black ops 2 in my opinion is going to do great things for the series, graphics are an improvement over black ops 1 (which is what we should be comparing it to, not Mw3 which is a totally different company) the gameplay is what it's supposed to be, COD plus some new options. And it wouldn't be COD without the kill streaks. There have been enough improvements to the game and I for one am looking forward to it. If you don't like it, don't play it ;)

• Level   5

They are apparantly using the IW engine which is heavily modified on each years new release

I highly doubt it is anything like a copy of MW3

• Level   7

LagCompensation

They are apparantly using the IW engine which is heavily modified on each years new release

Wanna take bets as to how many threads and reviews will come out after the release stating just that? That it plays, feels and looks just like MW3 instead of Black Ops or any of Treyarchs predecessors?

• Level   7

Itll be COD, so dont expect anything too different. Dont like COD, dont play it, easy.

• Level   8

awtacular
    Wanna take bets as to how many threads and reviews will come out after the release stating just that? That it plays, feels and looks just like MW3 instead of Black Ops or any of Treyarchs predecessors?

Having played BLOPS 2 multiplayer myself, I can assure you it feels NOTHING like MW3. The threads that will pop up post release will be of trolls like yourself saying the opposite. Go back to Halo 4 or Battlefield 3, noobs.

Oh, and what Mitchell said.

• Level   9

^^ Don't forget Gears of War 3.

• Level   5

awtacular

LagCompensation

Sure i'll take you up on that bet...

• Level   5

I'm hoping that Treyarch will have a system setup where if the 2nd player doesn't move within a certain time frame, then both splitscreen players get kicked out for inactivity. This way, you can't split-screen without having someone actually playing it.

• Level   8

^ That's an odd behavior - I don't think I've ever seen that in all my time playing.

P.S. lol, troll's posts got deleted. yay mods! unless your aim is towards me. =|