score system?

• Level   7

I don't understand how the scoring system in this game works. I thought it was suppose to be better than the previous black ops and was based off of capturing objectives in the objective based games instead of kills alone. If thats the case how is it I come in 4th place on a team of six and pretty much have the best stats based on captures and defends on the team, not to mention a fairly decent k/d.  My k/d was 37/11 and I had 4 caps and 6 defends. The person in 2nd place had as many caps as me but only 1 defend and went 26/8. I've played plenty of matches that had weird outcomes if you ask me.. I've had tdm games where I've had the best k/d by far but came in second place to a person with a crappy k/d and one assist. I've had this happen plenty of times and finally decided to look at the score a little more to try and figure it out. It seems to me this game is rewarding you more by killing and not capturing or defending in domination.

• Level   7

I'm also confused about some things too. Exactly how long does it take to get a UAV with pure kills?

\o/

Praise The Sun!

• Level   7

Ok, so very next game, I have the most kills least deaths most captures and most defends and I still come in 3rd place... I might add that the person in first place has over 1000 more points in the game than I do with worse everything. WTF gives.

• Level   4

Something I've noticed is that you get XP for certain things that I don't believe were in other CoDs. I shot a Bouncing Betty it exploded and I received +50 for that. If an enemy is in the cap point or near it and  you kill them you get a small amt more of XP for the kill then you would normally. That is something is I like because you're getting more XP for defending a cap point or killing a defender if they have the cap point. I've destroyed shock charges with grenades and it popped a small amount of XP.

Seems like the game will give out extra XP for helping the team with some of the things I mentioned above.  Maybe others have noticed some of these things too and can add to this list.

Here comes the Waaaaaambulance just for you.

• Level   7

dbe451

Seems like the game will give out extra XP for helping the team with some of the things I mentioned above.

So basically I shouldn't bother capturing or defending the flags and should just shoot at any pop bottles or trash on the ground rack up points? Domination is what it says it is... Domination. To dominate in the game you must capture the flags and defend them. The game is great and all but this does seem rather stupid.

• Level   7

It rewards with scoring MORE towards "team oriented" things. Maybe that guy helped his team more? Dunno. He had less kills, but maybe every kill was on a flag or objective?

• Level   7

UneasyJmitchell

It rewards with scoring MORE towards "team oriented" things. Maybe that guy helped his team more? Dunno. He had less kills, but maybe every kill was on a flag or objective?

Killing someone at the flag or objective is defending... Capturing and defending a flag is as about as "team oriented" as it gets and should lead to the most points. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

• Level   7

^^Yeah, cap and kill and you will be fine. That above post was my guess to as why that guy scored higher than you on the leaderboards.

• Level   9

I'm usually at the top of my Domination parties. My secret? Cap, defend, kill. Just go ham.

• Level   9

I was noticing a while back in another release .... mw2 I think, my son and I were playing in the same lobby. Every match I'd have more xp than him even though he usually di better on the scoreboard.

I told him I just use everything and do everything I can Throw nades equipement etc, anything I could think of to do.

Maybe the scoring in this contains more stuff that was just included in your bonus, but never toward the scoreboard.

I havent even really noticed how any of the xp goes ..... I've just been playing.