Removing Rudeness from Black Ops 2

• Level  

watch?v=TLNka1ZSDg&hd=1

-

If you could use Dexter's Rude Removal Machine to remove all rudeness from Black Ops 2 players, do you think the game's community (& by extension, the online community as a whole) would be better off or not? Discuss.

• Level   7

As much as I think the COD community is garbage, it makes the game what it is IMO.  But there is a difference between trash talk and flat out rude, which rudeness seems to be the norm and we eventually become desensitized.  The fact that one can hide behind an avatar and act/be like someone they would not in real life makes these situations inevitable.

• Level   7

No. If they removed children and some grown people that act like children from the game it would be better off. I rather have rude people playing than morons acting like idiots screaming/yelling and singing or just playing stupidly on purpose.

• Level   7

awtacular

No. If they removed children and some grown people that act like children from the game it would be better off. I rather have rude people playing than morons acting like idiots screaming/yelling and singing or just playing stupidly on purpose.

I think those "morons" are the kind of people I would consider rude...

• Level   8

I think the community would be better, but that will never happen.

He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. 

He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe,

and....he's wonderful. 

• Level   8

Queen x HunT3r

I think the community would be better, but that will never happen.

I know it will never happen, but then again, that's why I say "if you could" in the original post. This is supposed to be a thought-provoking discussion & exercise, so now that I know your answer, how about you explain to us why you think it would be better.

• Level   7

Galactic Geek

awtacular

I think those "morons" are the kind of people I would consider rude...

Everyone has their own opinion on the meaning of things. I myself think a moron in this game would be someone that plays an objective game and doesn't go for the objectives. Another example of a moron would be someone that constantly runs around using some bs class game after game only to go big time negative on the k/d side and didn't even capture or defend an objective. Such classes might include the tactical knives, crossbow and even the shotgun. Those would be a an example of moron. Being rude is something different all together. The only thing I would consider rude in any game is some idiot using racial or sexual remarks or even talking on the phone and playing the game with the mic on. Then again to be truly rude online would be having your mic on and going to the bathroom... That would probably fit under all of the above.

• Level   7

If it would stop all the immature little punks from rage-quitting/dashboarding every five seconds i'd be fine with it.

• Level   7

Do you guys think Dexter's Rude Removal Machine would work for rage-quitters as well? In fact, do some of you, as gamers, consider rage-quitting rude or a necessity?

• Level   9

I think any game that you play online you will meet your fair share of 'idiots' ... Just easy for some to be what they want to be down the end of the mic because basically they know there will be no real come backs, I bet though the majority of these people are totally different in the real world.

Even though I don't play COD anymore online I think it's a bit unfair in one sense to hear people say it has the worse community out there, the fact is it is played by more people online than most/if not all other online games out there so unfortunately aswell as the nice people it has alot more of the bad ones, just the way it is.

• Level   M

The mute button is a good rude remover

Post 'as is' and confers no rights
    Forum Rules Yo!

@bowski477

• Level   1

Well, the COD community is compete poison. With the kiddy's that sing and scream with there mic's on to the crap talkers  and the "pros" who thinks everyone is  beneath them, the game would be better without them to be honest.

• Level   5

I don't understand how people always say " _______ has the worst community", have you even ever played any other games online? There'll always be rude people and "normal" people, and you can't just say that one game or group has more rude people than another, it's unreasonable...

• Level   5

I must be really lucky as I rarely get anyone that I take the time to mute... most don't say anything...

• Level   5

Mister BuzzBee

Even though I don't play COD anymore online I think it's a bit unfair in one sense to hear people say it has the worse community out there, the fact is it is played by more people online than most/if not all other online games out there so unfortunately aswell as the nice people it has alot more of the bad ones, just the way it is.

I agree with this line of thinking.