Spawns

• Level   7

Cut ya' a deal Treyarch - when it comes time to make the spawns in Team gametypes in future CoDs, we'll hog tie the Infinity Ward devs and dump them out back so you can design those. However, when it comes time to design the spawns for the Free-For-All modes in future CoDs, we're going to lock your dev team in closets and let IW do the work on those.

-

Seriously though. WaW, BO1 and BO2 have some of the worst FFA spawns I've ever seen in any game. Ever. Even from player-designed maps. Yet you guys have team spawns pretty down pat somehow. On the other hand, IW couldn't design balanced team-based spawns if you held them at gunpoint, but they can at least make workable FFA spawns.

/madbro

• Level   9

Stop dying so you don't get spawn trapped noooooooob!!11!1

-

Honestly.. complaining about spawns died back in COD4, brah.

• Level   8

a

Formerly Known as "Umbreawesome"

R.I.P. Mitt Romney (10/9/1940 - 12/8/1980)

Drummer of Avenged Sevenfold.

• Level   5

Treyarch and Infinity Ward 2013 are not the same as Treyarch and Infinity Ward 2007.

-

I would kill for a Cod4 spawn system when compared to MW3 or Black Ops 2 or any of those cods....

-

Infact... I think the netcode from Cod4 was better than Black Ops 2 (although Cod4 did not have CTF.. which was retarded)

-

Also... Spawns are just awful in anything in Black Ops 1, Mw2, Black Ops 2, MW3 when compared to WaW and Cod4....

-

I spawned in my Artillery once in WaW and one time on my own martydom grenade on Cod4. that was it..

-

In the games since... I"ve spawn inside of Dogs, on enemy sentry guns, claymores, Airstrikes, tact spawns next to enemy spawns, spawned trapped in Domination Black Ops 1, spawned trapped in MW3 and Black Ops 2 CTFs, just crazy crap

• Level   5

MW1,MW2 spawn trapping was hard to do.

Black Ops required a little effort on all maps.

MW3 required only a little effort, and some maps none at all.

Black Ops 2 requires no effort at all.

This is how it has been for me anyway, if i play with a full team on BO2 and 95% of the time we get a spawn trap going with ease. I remember playing Hard Hat on MW3 thinking * Holy crap spawn trapping couldnt get any easier than this!*. I was wrong.

While Black Ops looks and feels the best ever and has the most balanced weapons/perks ect IMO, the core gameplay is just retarded.

• Level   5

Paragon Fury

Cut ya' a deal Treyarch - when it comes time to make the spawns in Team gametypes in future CoDs, we'll hog tie the Infinity Ward devs and dump them out back so you can design those. However, when it comes time to design the spawns for the Free-For-All modes in future CoDs, we're going to lock your dev team in closets and let IW do the work on those.

-

Seriously though. WaW, BO1 and BO2 have some of the worst FFA spawns I've ever seen in any game. Ever. Even from player-designed maps. Yet you guys have team spawns pretty down pat somehow. On the other hand, IW couldn't design balanced team-based spawns if you held them at gunpoint, but they can at least make workable FFA spawns.

/madbro

BO1, Demolition, Havana begs to differ. They even took that gamemode off of that map because of the problem. Just saying, I dont whine about spawns, its whatever.

• Level   9

Do the spawns "flip" anymore (especially in demolition)? I could swear they don't. As much as I sometimes hated that in MW3, I sure miss the feature in BO2...

Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation, an accident.

- Sovereign -

PSN: Sipuli91  Steam: hi_im_sipuli91

RIP 360 Elite 5/2009 - 12/2013

• Level   8

Maybe the community should STOP choosing Standoff and Hijacked so much, don't you think?

• Level   7

Sipuli91

Do the spawns "flip" anymore (especially in demolition)? I could swear they don't. As much as I sometimes hated that in MW3, I sure miss the feature in BO2...

No, no you don't. Spawn switching in Objective gametypes is a terrible, terrible idea. There is a reason the "Defending" team is called the "Defenders". Not the "constantly run across the map trying to defuse the bomb" team.

• Level   5

I have actually died as the defender and spawned on the opposite side of the map, away from the bomb which was a tick-ticking.

"If you die instantly, it's not really a problem now is it?"

• Level   5

watch?v=1Veb2NAQCUQ

• Level   7

Hilarious Geek!

I spawned on Hijacked yesterday along with other people. Took me a few seconds to realize they were actually the enemy. Easiest 2 kills ever! And on th eother side I have spawned with what seemed the whole enemy team around me. Not sure how it does it calculations.

• Level   9

Paragon Fury

Sipuli91

No, no you don't. Spawn switching in Objective gametypes is a terrible, terrible idea. There is a reason the "Defending" team is called the "Defenders". Not the "constantly run across the map trying to defuse the bomb" team.

Yes, yes I do. I don't know about you, but I play solo. A well organized team of 6 clan members versus a team of lone wolves with no way to communicate = endless spawn killing without flipping spawns. So yes, I miss the feature. You don't have to and that's fine by me.

Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation, an accident.

- Sovereign -

PSN: Sipuli91  Steam: hi_im_sipuli91

RIP 360 Elite 5/2009 - 12/2013

• Level   5

Paragon Fury

-

/madbro

Really cause all anyone had to in MW3 FFA was turn around after killing someone and here comes the next person. Turn around again and there is the next person. Blops 2 is is bad but don't act like IW's *** dosen,t stink.

• Level   8

i have only been spawn trapped on hijack this during demolition and domination 

the demo spawn trap can be difficult  to get out of

domination is easier to escape from

JUSTICE FOR THE 96 YNWA 15-4-89