League Play.

• Level  

Finally maxed out rank and hit Master. I will continue to pubstomp with friends, but I also want to get into LP and give it a shot. Try hard mode is fun too for a while. Hit me up if you live near the Gulf Coast area (Texas, Louisiana, or close to there) for connection purposes. Also, how do most people set classes for LP? Is it still about the gunfight as in years past with GB type setups? More about movement or FJ, Hardwired, and other things used? And what SSRs do most people use? Im guessing a Launcher will be good to carry also? Anyways, I have several friends that do LP, but thought a post here would help me with some insight. I think there is a cheevo too? Discuss.

• Level   7

For TDM you will find a lot of people using LMGs with Target Finder. For Champions most people use M8A1/AN-94/MSMC/PDW. Scorestreaks also depend on if it is TDM or Champions....since many of the lower ones are banned in Champions as of Season 3.

Patriots Starting Tight End for 2013-  Hernandez Gronk  Tebow

• Level   7

How times have changed, LOL. Target Finder, SSRs? I still find core stuff silly for "competetive" settings, but Ill adjust. Is there spawn delay in every mode? Is Dead Silence and/or Awareness needed?

• Level   9

I use a Hunter Killer, Sentry Gun and AGR on the TDM series.

You get 5 custom slots with everything unlocked.

If you like running with a SMG like I do, mix it up a few different ways depending on how you play and the map.

I use smoke on 1 setup while using tac insert on another and then a pure ghost set up on yet another.

• Level   9

No tacs in LP, eh?

• Level   9

Maybe some LP after 10 CST tonight. Hit me up.

• Level   8

If you don't play Champions then you're basically just playing normal pubs with the possibility of better people. Most of the time, competition in TDM and Moshpit is just as lacking as public matches. The system was designed around playing the Champions series with a party of 4, so that's the best way to enjoy League Play.

As far as the classes that people use - it depends on their skill level. Most of the better players will stick to the same classes that they use in tournaments.

Oh, and by the way, I win again :D

XBF: Where unskilled, inexperienced gamers go to talk about casual games in a serious manner.

• Level   7

PDW for fast kills and less reloads

• Level   7

Jagriff

If you don't play Champions then you're basically just playing normal pubs with the possibility of better people. Most of the time, competition in TDM and Moshpit is just as lacking as public matches. The system was designed around playing the Champions series with a party of 4, so that's the best way to enjoy League Play.

As far as the classes that people use - it depends on their skill level. Most of the better players will stick to the same classes that they use in tournaments.

Oh, and by the way, I win again :D

Yeah, you hit max way before me. :P  Anyways I will only do LP with a team of 4. I have no interest in TDM and "solo" LP.

• Level   3

TDM league play isn't very league play-ish. What separates the men from the boys is objective game types. Not posting up and see who can get the most kills.

• Level   3

^^Yeah, ranking up is done via WINS................only.

• Level   7

UneasyJmitchell

Not completely. There is some hidden system that K/D and/or Score definitely play some sort of factor. I lost 3 of my 5 placement matches in Champions this season but I wasn't worried about getting placed low because I did well and was Master in it the previous season... Sure enough they placed me in Platinum and then I got Master after 12 wins.

Patriots Starting Tight End for 2013-  Hernandez Gronk  Tebow

• Level   8

Griffey

UneasyJmitchell

Not completely. There is some hidden system that K/D and/or Score definitely play some sort of factor. I lost 3 of my 5 placement matches in Champions this season but I wasn't worried about getting placed low because I did well and was Master in it the previous season... Sure enough they placed me in Platinum and then I got Master after 12 wins.

That's because your hidden skill rating (which is based purely on wins and loses) doesn't reset at the beginning of new seasons. And it is also based on who you play against, and given you were in Masters before, you probably played better players in placement.

XBF: Where unskilled, inexperienced gamers go to talk about casual games in a serious manner.

• Level   8

So its wins and loses ONLY.  :P