Game stop has bo1 over mw3!

• Level   9

I went to gamestop today and purchased some microsoft points and a live card and looked around at whats coming out soon.  I didn't notice much other than the game destiny that looks ok but anywayz getting to the point of this thread I noticed that mw3 is cheaper than bo1 pre owned bo1 is still worth 29$ and mw3 is only 19$, while the new versions show bo1 worth more.  Isn't that funny?  

With not much going on in the gaming world right now what do you guys/girls think about the ps4 and xbox 720?  Will you buy the next gen consoles?  And which will you get or both?  I for one have been doing some reading on the new kinect for the 720 and it kind of scares me a little!  I read that you will have to leave your 720 connected to online service at all times even when playing offline games, I also heard that the 720 will automatically do console and game updates even when turned off.  I also read about how advanced the new kinect sensors are and how they can even determine how many people are sitting in the room.  This kind of freaks me out with the whole privacy thing that most of us enjoy.  I have also heard that some are already working on hacks so they can spy on you.  If this is correct then I will just go back to sony and get the ps4.  As they will not have something like this and the service from what I read is still going to be free.  

We are entering a new era of gaming!  Bring forth the One!

• Level   8

I'm selling my Xbox soon, at which point it'll be PC all the way. I won't be duped into buying a "gaming system" (which is basically a 3 year old PC) again.

XBF: Where unskilled, inexperienced gamers go to talk about casual games in a serious manner.

• Level   9

Yeah I have been considering switching to a pc myself, never used one for gaming but I have lost a bunch of friends over the years to pc gaming.  I just don't even know where to get started when it comes to what pc to get.  My nephew has an expensive alien ware that runs smooth as silk, but I really don't want to spend 2500$ or more or even 1500 for that matter.  

• Level   8

Jagriff

I'm selling my Xbox soon, at which point it'll be PC all the way. I won't be duped into buying a "gaming system" (which is basically a 3 year old PC) again.

Just sold mine for $415 on ebay. I highly HIGHLY suggest you go the ebay route and not any store.

They see me postin
    They hatin
    Tryin to catch me postin replies

• Level   8

It's best to build your own. You learn a lot in the process and don't overpay for anything you don't really want. Alienware in particular is infamous for overcharging on the brand name alone.

It doesn't cost that much if the only goal is to run games at low-mid settings smoothly. People start spending a lot with the goal to have the best hardware currently available, which in my opinion, is not very practical.

@Dubstep: Of course. How many games did you sell with it? I have a very large collection here.

XBF: Where unskilled, inexperienced gamers go to talk about casual games in a serious manner.

• Level   9

I have a large collection as well but I will hold on to my 360 for keeps sake.  I do have another 360 console that I will sell soon.  

Yeah Jagriff I will look into it and see what I get by the end of this year.  I will play the 360 until the end of the year.  

You know after thinking about it I find how amazing it was for us to buy a gaming system with a 50% failure rate that also charges us for online service.  I went through 2 xbox's before I finally purchased a newer version that actually didn't give me the red ring of death.  The xbox is so out of date yet I still play it. and you would be just waisting time purchasing a system that will be out of date within a year.  

• Level   8

Red KillMachine

I noticed that mw3 is cheaper than bo1 pre owned bo1 is still worth 29$ and mw3 is only 19$, while the new versions show bo1 worth more.  Isn't that funny?

Black Ops 1 is worth more because they have less copies. And viceversa for MW3.

Economics 101, my friend.

• Level   8

RR Kanaye

Red KillMachine

I noticed that mw3 is cheaper than bo1 pre owned bo1 is still worth 29$ and mw3 is only 19$, while the new versions show bo1 worth more.  Isn't that funny?

Black Ops 1 is worth more because they have less copies. And viceversa for MW3.

Economics 101, my friend.

Economics 101 says that it's a combination of the supply and demand, not just the supply.

• Level   8

Dam great minds think alike because I have also been looking into the pc thing. I feel a change coming!

BenQ monitor gaming. USA! USA! USA!
    • Level   8

Jagriff

Economics 101 says that it's a combination of the supply and demand, not just the supply.

And how do you STIMULATE demand?

P.S. I sense Jag and myself will argue over a trivial matter. Again.

• Level   7

Of course Black Ops is still more than MW3. Game stores were overstocked with MW3 since it launched with all the people trading it in brand new and they still continued to produce more copies. Anyways, almost any electronic device is outdated in a year or less. It's just a matter of time. The only thing a pc has going for it is you can usually upgrade it. However that can be costly too. Because some upgrades require you to upgrade other things just so newer things can work at their full potential. A decent gaming pc is going to cost you no matter what. Build your own beast and your still looking at around a grand and then still have to upgrade it every couple of years.

• Level   8

What's the betting all these * I'm selling my 360 for a p.c* people will get the next- box? Rather good I say.

For the love of God can someone faithully remake R.T.C.W ? Real gamers need a real game :)
    • Level   8

awtacular

The only thing a pc has going for it is you can usually upgrade it. However that can be costly too. Because some upgrades require you to upgrade other things just so newer things can work at their full potential. A decent gaming pc is going to cost you no matter what. Build your own beast and your still looking at around a grand and then still have to upgrade it every couple of years.

It's not just the ability to upgrade. You have much more freedom with the PC (both from the development side and the gamer side). Everyone isn't constricted to the same hardware and guidelines set forth by MS or Sony. Most people already have a reason to have a good computer, so why not make it a little better so that you can play games on it too? I really enjoy making high resolution wallpapers in Photoshop now. Before everything would go so slowly and I would just get tired of waiting for everything to load.

As for the cost, I spent less than a grand on the PC I built years ago and it still runs any game at max settings (which I don't even care about because I prefer the lowest settings :D). I haven't had to upgrade anything and I don't think that I will for another 2 or 3 years at least. By then I can justify spending another $300 because I will have avoided spending that on a new console.

Tam1

What's the betting all these * I'm selling my 360 for a p.c* people will get the next- box? Rather good I say.

Kinda like the odds on you buying the next COD?

• Level   7

Nah I'll just give up gaming all together if they do this crap again, I'm really waiting for The Force Unleashed 3 or Star Wars 1313 (go figure LOL)

These My Friends Are The Last Days Of Gaming

• Level   7

I've put so much money into my Xbox 360, its games, and its accessories over the years that I fear the next-generation of consoles. I'm excited for them too, don't get me wrong, I'm just afraid that at some point they're going to cut off Xbox Live from the Xbox 360 like they did with the original Xbox... :(