New MW3 Map Pack for Elite Only or are Members in Family Pack Included?

• Level   5

@cdt314

According to support, only you should have acess to your own account, and an account cannot be created for a group of people or a family. That is why the Family pack was created.

-Major

• Level   1

Your licences should be usable by ALL accounts on your console. Thats exactly what I was saying. If other accounts cannot then you need to carry out the licence transfer process.

When you download any DLC it says this: "The item you are trying to download is subject to usage restrictions. You can use this item on the first Xbox 360 console it was downloaded to. Access to this item will also be granted to all users on this first console." The MW3 maps also say this. So why can other users not access the content?

While it seems a trivial matter, especially to people who aren't affected, it is a major issue for people like me who purchase content for use by a family, in the same household, on the same console. Just imagine if you had a family and you bought one copy of CoD, and only one of you was allowed to play on it. You had to purchase another disk for your son, or GF to play on or whatever. Its a similar principle.

I am not talking about global Elite Premium features. I just want dlc content to be available to all players on my console. The same as it was for MW, MW2, WaW, BlOps, Reach, Red-Dead, Gears 1, 2 AND 3. Simple as that.

• Level   7

Major Kilowatt

@cdt314

According to support, only you should have acess to your own account, and an account cannot be created for a group of people or a family. That is why the Family pack was created.

Hmmm.  What I read in the suspension forums is that you are responsible for your account, if someone else is using it.

• Level   1

I guess their argument is that Elite members get the DLC for free, you are paying for Elite and not the DLC.  I wonder what will happen when they release the Map packs for non-elite members.

• Level   5

@cdt314

That is correct, you are responsible for your account and even though there is nothing stopping you from letting a friend playing using your account it is frowned up and if the said "friend" breaks the ToU/CoC in any way you are responsible for the consequences. I have seen countless posts in the suspension forums regarding the un-authorized use of an account by a family member that violates the rules and gets banned.

Again,i am simply stating my point of view. Do not take anything i say too seriously since i am only a member of this community. If you would like to know more about this just tweet @XboxSupport and ask them.

-Major

• Level   5

@PRG013

Elite members that purchased the membership get early acess to the maps and were supposed to get certain features of the website. Some of which are not even available yet.(Clan Operations?)

The Map-packs will be released at a later time for non-paying members.

When i bought the Elite membership i did knowing that i was purchasing the DLC at a slight price decrease yet it seems they are releasing few maps at a time instead of a regular pack of at least 3 maps.

-Major

• Level   9

cdt314

Major Kilowatt

@cdt314

Hmmm.  What I read in the suspension forums is that you are responsible for your account, if someone else is using it.

Hey Derp. What was the point of your comment?

SilvrgunSuprman @ Trueachievements.com

http://www.trueachievements.com/SilvrgunSuprman.htm

• Level   2

I understand the financial burden of having to buy multiple copies of a game so everyone with an Xbox in the same house can play at the same time. The Family pack was just to make it less expensive for 4 member house holds.

My point is simply that, in the past, the "sharing" of DLC on one Xbox was not intended though could be worked around. As said earlier "They closed the loop hole" and just for paying Elite members. You're not paying for Elite just to get the map packs cheaper, but also to have earlier access to those maps. Some would feel cheated if non-Elite members got the same privilege

When the map packs come out for non-Elite members in March, I would bet that they can be shared the same as DLC in the past.

And FWIW I think Elite is just a poorly thought out money maker. From what I've heard it doesn't work half the time and the "extras", as you have pointed out, don't even work. I will not or ever purchase Elite.

• Level   2

Major Kilowatt

@XJaySC

So from your point of view, if you buy a game, lets say...at a game stpre. You should not be able to let others borrow your game. Even if they are your own brother or sister?

Hard copy and digital copy are two different things. Digital copy has higher security protections do to piracy. With Hard copy I can let my brother borrow it and i can't use it. With Digital I can let anyone "borrow" it with out losing my abiltiy to use it. That's why "licences" to use digital media was thought up. ( No I'm not attempting to stir a SOPA/PIPA debate and would appreciate no one doing it either. Quick way to get this thread locked and/or deleted)

I would wait to see if the DLC can be shared per console after the Map Pack in March Drops.

• Level   7

Xjay the reason people are mad is because since day 1 dlc for all games has been playable by all profiles on that console. This has always been the way of dlc including past Cod games. This is also the case with arcade games, GOD and Zune content.

• Level   2

If you read the thread throughly you would see that for DLC that is not the case. For particular games the purchasing gamertag must be signed in for it to be playable by other accounts. (As proven by my little Fallout 3 experiment) I don't believe this was intended, but certainly used for it's obvious advantages. 

Still, when I pay extra for something, Elite, game passes, etc., that promises me content that only paying people get I expect those that didn't pay extra to not get it. Why would I pay extra if this wasn't the case?

Wait till the map pack for non-elite drops to see if it can't be shared the same as in the past.

• Level   7

Xjay to put it bluntly for you, you are wrong and illinformed if you follow the guides on license transfer etc that people have already posted your content downloaded by your profile is available to all other profiles on that console.

I realize you think you are right but your simply not. If you have been buying the same dlc or games etc twice for different profiles on the same console you have been spending money you don't need too.

• Level   2

W1LD SEVEN

I realize you think you are right but your simply not. If you have been buying the same dlc or games etc twice for different profiles on the same console you have been spending money you don't need too.

I appreciate your concern for my money, but I have not purchased content twice. If I am wrong, explain my findings in the afore mentioned Fallout 3 experiment. 

• Level   7

Your licensing is incorrect either you originally downloaded fallout dlc on another console or other aforementioned possabilitys.

Oh and I have zero concern concern for your money but I will correct incorrect information especially when it could cost other users money that they need not spend.

• Level   2

W1LD SEVEN

Your licensing is incorrect either you originally downloaded fallout dlc on another console or other aforementioned possibilities..

Hmmm, funny. This is another xbox. Using the same gamertag I didn't have to repurchase the Fallout 3 content. Just re-download it. When I pulled an old gamer tag from many years ago and tried to play Fallout 3 the content wasn't there. When I dash boarded and logged in my current Gamertag as player two, fired up the game as player one the content was there.

Care to explain that?

Just for fun I did this again with Black Ops. Content from this profile was there. Dashboard log in as old account, no content. Log in current Gamertag as player two. Fire up Black Ops as player one. Boom, content is there.

I guess this is all coincidence.