Your CoD: Elite Opinion

• Level   7

I am thinking about getting elite because of the maps but I am also wondering what it would like if Beachead never started

elite

These My Friends Are The Last Days Of Gaming

• Level   8

Anton Chigur II

Don't buy it.  It's the biggest scam ever.  IW should be ashamed of themselves.  I mean, that has no value what so ever.  

Explain to me how saving money on the DLC is a scam.  If you don't get Elite and still buy all the DLC you are ripping yourself off.  I think you guys expected way too much from this service.

Pre-orders: Destiny, inFamous Second Son, Watch Dogs, Stick of Truth, Fable Anniversary,  FFX/X-2 HD, The Division, Titanfall

Proud owner of both the PS4 and Xbox One

• Level   4

Elite itself (the app) is stupid and pretty pointless, imo. It's ONLY worth buying if you plan on buying all the DLC because you'll get it first and for less.

This one has forgotten if its heatsink is over capacity. It wonders if the criminal scum considers itself fortunate.

• Level   4

Darth Arbys

I am thinking about getting elite because of the maps but I am also wondering what it would like if Beachead never started

elite

Two ways to answer this:

A: If Elite didn't exist at all, people would still obsess over their K/D and play everything like it was TDM because their Youtube channel is the be all & end all of their empty lives.

B: If Beachhead didn't start Elite, another company would've because it's Activisions offspring.

This one has forgotten if its heatsink is over capacity. It wonders if the criminal scum considers itself fortunate.

• Level   4

"Elite itself (the app) is stupid and pretty pointless, imo".

I like being able to see my total kills beyond 2, 500, Kills/Headshot ratio and other people's stats and classes in detail. It might not be as amazing as they made it out to be but it isn't a travesty or anything.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   4

ChainSmokingBob

"Elite itself (the app) is stupid and pretty pointless, imo".

I like being able to see my total kills beyond 2, 500, Kills/Headshot ratio and other people's stats and classes in detail. It might not be as amazing as they made it out to be but it isn't a travesty or anything.

Fair enough and why I wrote "IMO."

• Level   4

I know, and I wasn't actually criticising your opinion. Simply mentioning why I find it's alright.

• Level   4

ChainSmokingBob

I know, and I wasn't actually criticising your opinion. Simply mentioning why I find it's alright.

Ah.. Well, I'm of the ilk that stats should be tapered back, not expanded upon, so you can see why I'd find Elite pretty pointless.

• Level   3

The interface that the original black ops was far superior to elite. As a "winter" player primarily I have almost no use for the content drops sent out after the golf season and frankly it seems as I never get the opportunity to play the first drop. Dome - hardhat - dome - hardhat  seems hoe it ends up. I much preferred the random vote on Blops that would at least get you some map variation. I'm on the fence, but leaning against the purchase.

• Level   3

Stump1897
    The interface that the original black ops was far superior to elite. As a "winter" player primarily I have almost no use for the content drops sent out after the golf season and frankly it seems as I never get the opportunity to play the first drop. Dome - hardhat - dome - hardhat  seems hoe it ends up. I much preferred the random vote on Blops that would at least get you some map variation. I'm on the fence, but leaning against the purchase.

Although the ability to vote for maps has been a wonderful feature in a lot of games (Halo, Call of Duty, Gears of War are all great examples) that give the players the choice of which maps to choose, I kind of wonder if it actually limits variety & becomes a big "f* you!" to the game developers. Sure, you have choice in which maps to choose, but only if you have the majority of the vote to go with it - this means the whole thing boils down to a popularity vote or whichever maps are easiest to play on or take advantage of... While the rest of the game's maps are left on the side of the curb. Sure the choice lets developers know which maps are preferred by the community (& could even influence future map design), but those same developers put a lot of hard work into ALL of the maps, not just a few. Personally, I kind of like the idea of removing the ability to vote. It forces players to appreciate all the maps & become even more skilled than they otherwise would be in a variety of different environments & situations rather than just 1 or 2... At the very least, there should be an optional playlist that included everything (6v6 random maps & gametypes) where voting is not allowed. I'd play that playlist just for the sake of variety. Sure you may not always get what you want, but that's what helps people grow stronger, wiser, & adapt. So go ahead, take a slice out of life - it might taste great or terrible, but at least you'll have the experience!

• Level   3

^

I agree that being able to vote for a map is bad. I don't mind voting to skip once and being stuck with the next one, but you'd need a strong incentive to stop people backing out to find another lobby.

• Level   8

Several games, Halo among them, have these system that penalizes ragequitters. On CoD, they could substract a substantial amount of XP or ban then from online play for 10 minutes.

I know Uncharted did this and it really worked.

• Level   8

^

It wouldn't be rage quitting though, people would simply back out of the lobby as soon as a map they didn't want was locked in.

• Level   8

The temp online ban could take place as soon as the lock-in is in place.

• Level   8

If that were to happen I would never play it just out of principle.