dust to dust - keep missing helicopter to kill makarov

• Level   3

I'm new to XBox and started playing MW3 i'm on the easiest difficulty and I can't seem to catch Makarov's helicopter..it keeps saying Makarov got away and I swear I'm running smoothly, not bumping into anything but I just can't seem to catch him..is this because I was low on time? PLEASE HELP!

• Level   6

Can you give a bit more on the lead up,I've only played the campaign once so need reminding.

-

I understand you're new but casual shouldn't really pose to many problems,just run at any AI while shooting them.

• Level   6

No, time doesn't matter, I believe. The timer stops counting when you get close enough.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   4

You need to run outside and jump onto the chopper. If you can't get there because of the timer, then you are at the mercy of a checkpoint. Well I hope you have a point saved before that. If you don't might as well just start from the beginning of that mission. No big deal since it is on easy.

• Level   3

There isn't a timer at that point, but I can't think of any other reason I keep missing it. Every time I run outside, by the time I reach the helipad, his chopper is already leaving and it says he got away. I'm running clear and straight outside..nothing seems to work.

• Level   3

It's the part where you and Yuri are wearing those heavy juggernaut suits and you're trying to kill Makarov. You go into a mall, on an elevator, and shoot a bunch of waiter looking guys who are shooting at you and then a rocket is shot at the building, you grab onto this pole and Yuri tells you to run to the roof and get to Marakov. Supposedly, you're supposed to run and then jump off the roof as his helicopter is leaving and you grab onto the helicopter…but the helicopter keeps leaving before I can even reach the end of the helipad.

• Level   5

Must be the checkpoint you have.  You might have to restart the level.  Go figure IW can't even get the checkpoint system right.

• Level   2

I'm afraid it might be the checkpoint like Nuke Freeman has replied with. That must really suck.

• Level   6

JustSwim208

It's the part where you and Yuri are wearing those heavy juggernaut suits and you're trying to kill Makarov. You go into a mall, on an elevator, and shoot a bunch of waiter looking guys who are shooting at you and then a rocket is shot at the building, you grab onto this pole and Yuri tells you to run to the roof and get to Marakov. Supposedly, you're supposed to run and then jump off the roof as his helicopter is leaving and you grab onto the helicopter…but the helicopter keeps leaving before I can even reach the end of the helipad.

That's the VERY end,shoot the helicopter down maybe?

• Level   6

Ok,just checked on YT........I would start the level again if you cant make the jump.Try and give yourself about a minute left on the timer before the last check point and the timer disappears.

Just sprint and spray at the AI,it doesn't matter if you die the check points are quite close together.

-

If you have got this far you have done the hardest parts already.

• Level   4

make sure you are pressing X when you are supposed to ... i did this about 5 times and got frustrated  before realizing i was pressing A instead.   DOH!

• Level   7

Run to helicopter

Press jump button at ledge

Hit buttons as they appear

???

Profit

what in sam hell is a puma?

• Level   3

My friend told me to press down the left stick and in any direction to sprint and it worked!

• Level   4

you went thru the whole campaign without ever sprinting?         when you get to Multiplayer, you are gonna LOVE the Extreme Conditioning perk.   LOL.      j/k.    glad you got it figured out.

• Level   1

im having this problem too ..  im going to try the left stick thing XD