World At War </3

• Level   4

A Foam Football

It's pretty sad when a developer stops taking care of a game it made. One more reason to shake my head at the CoD franchise...

Wouldn't surprise me if WaW's hackability was a form of planned obsolescence from the start. Probably not, but this whole franchise has left a sour taste in my mouth since MW2.

• Level   4

Activision let it die, the same way older online games like those are..

Sometimes, dolphins deserve better than just being sea creatures..

• Level   7

A Foam Football

It's pretty sad when a developer stops taking care of a game it made. One more reason to shake my head at the CoD franchise...

It's not entirely true the Dev team as stopped caring, COD4 & W@W can't be fixed/patched/updated.

Patch "Would Do Nothing" to Hackers

fixing Call of Duty 4 is not currently on the table as the game wasn't coded with security measures in the first place, , it should be noted that Bowling didn't completely rule out the possibility last month. Bowling stated, “COD4 patch would do nothing, the hackers would simply bypass the update. Security needs to be built-in from start (like MW3).” This is similar to what Bowling talked about a few months ago regarding banning players when he noted that unlike previous Modern Warfare titles, Modern Warfare 3 “was built from the ground up to incorporate and be integrated with this tech.” 

FULL ARTICLE ---->http://mp1st.com/2012/03/21/call-of-duty-4-patch-would-do-nothing-to-hackers-dev-would-love-to-see-a-remake/

• Level   8
    A Foam Football

Maybe it's not up to Treyarch but to the publisher (Activision) to make these decisions.