Call of Duty: World at War (sigh...)

• Level   2

So this game, an absolute classic in my opinion. It has one of my favorite campaign experiences as it's challenging and has a great story with an amazing atmospheric feel to it. The zombies mode has the most replay value of just about any game I've ever played and the multiplayer... my gosh the hours I used to spend playing this game's multiplayer. I could go on for days about what a brilliant game this is and what wonders it did for the fps genre but that's not why I'm writing this.

It's been about 3 years since I've touched this game and I almost completely forgot about it until about a week ago I was browsing my local game store and I just happened to look down and see this forgotten masterpiece. I knew I just had to get it right there and for 13 dollars it was basically a steal. So I came home, started it up and absolutely could not wait to play this game. I played a couple of games of zombies not expecting to find any matches due to the low number of people playing, but I was wrong I found a game very quickly and was very pleased. This proves to me that this game still has a good amount of players and people like it just as much as me. It was exactly how it was years ago and was still just as fun. 

But what I'm really here to address is the multiplayer. Let's just say I've never seen so many cheaters in my entire life on one game all in one place. And before someone says "Oh come on man, it's not that bad you're just being a bad sport." No. Literally, people were flying across the map shooting with an endless clip and were impossible to kill. And so, just like that, one of my favorite gaming experiences is gone and I'll never be able to relive it. It's just so sad to think about how fun the game was when it was in it's prime and now it's literally unplayable. I guess the reason this is allowed to happen is because Treyarch doesn't ban cheaters anymore because WaW isn't there most recent game. They care nothing for the people who spent their hard earned money for it and the expensive DLC. They care too much about making their next dollar on these atrocious "Black Ops" games. And while I know it's not "atrocious" to everyone, that is my opinion and I'm entitled to it. But anyways, the bottom line is.. This great wonderful game is now ruined. Never again to be enjoyed by the casual gamer. A great piece of gaming history destroyed by people who can't just play the game right and the developers who stand by and watch it crumble. If this happened to WaW it will happen to every other online game you love. Good while everyone's talking about it only to be forgotten in another game's shadow.

• Level   2

try and find a thread on this forum thats not about modders.

• Level   2

I'm new to the forums personally but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that share my animosity towards what this game has become. I think it's time something is done about it. Treyarch is still making money off of this game and they need to do their jobs and listen to their customers.

• Level   8

Hey op, I bought this 2 years ago and rarely get a decent game. I agree with your enthusiasm though.

• Level   2

Yeah.. played a game 30 minutes ago. My first game I shot a guy dead-on with a tank, got out and stabbed him in the face 5 times only for him to shoot me once and kill me. Saying this game is unplayable is an understatement.

• Level   5

yeah i have to agree, WaW is the best cod ever made but since all this modding started(about 2years ago) it's totally unplayable, you have to be lucky to find a legit lobby.  nothing affective has been done and MS only account bans instead of console banning which gives the modding kids the chance of creating a new account to mod with. if they started console banning the game would be somewhat more playable.

• Level   5

It is horrible to see a favorite game get ruined by the most disliked people in gaming. those modders and hackers are nothing but bratty kids with low self asteam and think they are SO cool and think its right to do stuff like that. Well I think its wrong and one of the greatest titles behind Cod4 does not decerve such disrepect from modders or hackers.

• Level   1

I've been filing a complaint in all of them. 100's filed. Is xbox jus gunna let it happen? Shame

• Level   5

filing complaints doesn't do much because 1. ms doesn't know what, where and when it happened if you report under system tampering or cheating hence there is no in-game report tool.

2. these mods are undetectable by ms therefore they have to catch them doing it to have enough proof(if treyarch would put some effort into it they could help with proof but they're keeping their noses out of it.)

• Level   5

@ Yanos & MH Maximus: Well I did call Xbox support. sometimes Agents can take gamertags as well.  They only have the action to file complaint as well.

• Level   1

I'm just going to keep filing . I like the game, but all the cheaters are also spreading websites for other people to visit an get their product so it's ongoing. There was a couple weeks that I didn't see any at all but then they all came back

• Level   1

MH Maximus
    There was a couple weeks that I didn't see any at all but then they all came back

Thats because black ops 2 came out.

• Level   2

I report and avoid them all.  Am able to find clean games in Merc TDM most of the time, but the players tend to be pretty good as well.  Have also had several bad players accuse me of cheating and report me because I beat them, not sure if it is because they have a bad connection etc???.  I have been in plenty of lobbies where I was a little laggy and got owned by someone who isn't a good player and can see how someone would feel that person is cheating.  

I hate MW3, and am always looking for a clean WOW game when the kids are in bed.

• Level   7

What do you expect ? it's CoD their are a couple douche players in every game

These My Friends Are The Last Days Of Gaming

• Level   3

Make sure you report and move on. System tampering. I love this game as much as you all do, and dont think its right that Treyarch left it to die, So we would buy their new game. Honestly, theres really nothing anyone can do at this point, just play and eventually you will find a good legit lobby. That or party up with people from here or friends and search that way. Trust me, it does help.

Self Proclaimed WW2 Gamer