infected by mods??

• Level   2

I just got Call of duty World at war not to long ago and I've been playing online a lot and I noticed people have been using mods. I know mods are online cheats but I didn't think they could do anything to me but someone messaged me today asking if i can infect them so I must be infected with mods from participating in them parties. I read online my profile could get suspended but I never used the mods and I want to get rid of them but i don't know how. Can someone from the enforcement team right me back please?? Or if anyone else experienced this problem and can help I'd appreciate it. thank you 

• Level   6

Unfortunately, you could be suspended for this. You accepted to the Terms of Use, which you should have read when you got Xbox Live that infections/mods are extremely against the ToU and the Code of Conduct. Also, there is no way to get rid of infections I believe, once you have them, you have them for good on that account.

If you know the user(s) who hosted the lobbies, file a complaint, block communications and avoid them as players.

• Level   8

Original Colton

Also, there is no way to get rid of infections I believe, once you have them, you have them for good on that account.

Unless he had the mods installed onto the disk and flashed his Xbox, all he would have to do is just dashboard or power off his console to get rid of them.

timothywilliamsnyder.tumblr.com

• Level   2

okay thank you. I'm not entire;y sure if I even have them I don't know how to check, That message just got me wondering. I will report them though. Thanks for the help, and sorry if I sounded stupid but I'm not really smart on mods seeing that I don't use them

• Level   2

the way to check if you have mods,start up a multiplayer game and as soon as the game begins press the start button,if anything other than the standard pause menu appears then you may be infected.do not continue playing as you may get banned.

• Level   9

Make sure and file a complaint on the person asking you to "infect" them.

• Level   2

okay thank you so much everyone. I actually don't have them and I reported the person who asked me to "infect" them

• Level   1

Hey, I got stuck playing in a modded lobby for Nazi Zombies and the player made me go back to level one and made me not able to play online. Can someone help me?

• Level   7

Unfortunately once you've been deranked its for good :( only way is to use a different Gamer tag

Also if someone messages you its not because you are infected  they just are looking for mods which is against the rules as well and will get them banned as well.They are desperate nowadays as most modders don't play WAW anymore at least not as many as there used to. Hopefully they moved on to BF3 :) but more likely they are playing MW3 now in the hope that they can ruin that game now.

• Level   3

hi its good to be back but recently i got a infection i dont know how i got it but i got it. its real itchy and i got red welts and *** comeing out of it can any forum trolls direct me to the correct location to find a cure? thanks!! happy gameing!!!

• Level   8

IRONMAIDEN666xx

can any forum trolls direct me to the correct location to find a cure? thanks!! happy gameing!!!

You could start at a school. I heard education does wonders for people these days.

timothywilliamsnyder.tumblr.com

• Level   1

add me then u go on zombies on cod w@w then give it to me then it will go off your profile

• Level   1

Go to the dashboard, it will get rid of any online mods, but you may be stuck with modded custom classes and such

• Level   1

Hey, Thank You for the support guys.

• Level   2

This is such a huge annoyance when playing.  I think at some point I got infected as well and have the glitched crappy custom classes but as far as I know, I don't have any sort of screen that gives me any sort of "advantages" in the menu.

It's practically a play at your own risk when game servers are no longer strictly surveyed.  I wish Microsoft had the option that if you got infected that you could somehow flush your system to eradicate whatever was altered.  I pretty much file a complaint against anyone actively using the mods and against anyone who sends me messages saying they're hosting infected lobbies with "800 Microsoft Points" buy-ins (which, never knew that could even happen) or willing to "infect" your game if you join up.

If I just have the glitched classes with no advantages, am I still at risk for being banned?