Hellkite Drake (red dragon) glitch?

• Level   2

I dont know if this is common knowledge or not, but I thought  I would share anyways. If you want a quick 10,000 souls and to be rid of the Hellkite drake heres the easiest way to do so. If you go up the tower in the Undead Parish the one that has the Black Knight atop it, after you dispose of him you should be able to look off the edge and to the left of the tower and see the dragon. If he is there 1 arrow is all it takes to kill him. I dont know if this is a glitch or not, but I do know that he didnt always appear, I had to respawn everyone a few times, and once  I heard him growling at the closed gate and saw his shadow  I knew he was there.  Climbed the tower shot him with the bow once and easy 10,000 souls and a shortcut. Hope this helps anyone who is having trouble with this beast....

• Level   1

Is doing this worth it ? i mean i have the drake sword and the 10 000 souls sounds good but will i loose out on anything else if i do this ?

Silence is Salvation..

• Level   2

the only thing you will miss out on, as far as i know is a major headache from the actual fight with the dragon

• Level   2

I got under him and he flew away. Theres a bonfire there but he does come back so I climb the tower and he is not there but when I go down the tower he is there! WTF?

• Level   2

i have the same question as Espada...i wanted to see if i could make it across the bridge to the bonfire...i did and the he came off the tower tried to blow fire in the room with the bonfire and fountain and flew off...now when i go under he is gone. will he come back? i wanted thgose 10000 souls damn it! and like other people said i never could see him from the black night tower.

• Level   2

The dragon comes back but I cant see him from the tower so it might be a bug. Then if you go to the bonfire he flies away but comes back when you try to cross from underneath. Help cause I want to kill him.

• Level   2

it dawned on me that things work different when your not hollow...so use humanity at a bonfire and then go to the top of the tower. it worked for me. i may have gotten lucky but then again it could be the trick.. give it a shot.

• Level   1

Cool thanks i will try that.

Silence is Salvation..

• Level   2

i wasnt human when i did it, i just kept resting at the bonfire closest to the blacksmith, and killing everything on my way to the tower and eventually he showed up to where i could see him from the tower, it took me like 3-4 trips to get it to happen.

• Level   1

Guys 2 quick questions, i finally managed to kill the knight on the tower but i don't see or hear the dragon. i can see his shadow when im under the bridge and hear him but when i go to the top of the tower nothing, i vaguely remember that i may have downloaded a patch for this game could that be preventing me from seeing the dragon from the tower ?

Second is the repair kit worth buying from the merchant ? my drake sword has degraded not a lot but i want to know if it is useful to buy the kit ?

Silence is Salvation..

• Level   4

I didn't see the dragon for the longest time either.  And then out of the blue last night I climbed up the tower and heard him roaring.  Sure enough, there he was.  Not sure what triggered his return though?

• Level   5

Always buy the repair kit and upgrade kits. You never know when you'll need them. Gaping Dragon has a nasty attack that can break and wear down items and armor instantly and a blacksmith is a bit away from there. A bonfire is not.

Gone to PS4~ You little tykes have fun here!

• Level   1

Cool thanks just got the repair kit but what about the dragon. Is it a random thing then ? i don't want to go to far in the game and loose this chance.

Silence is Salvation..

• Level   5

Gaping Dragon is at the end of the Depths. You have to face him to get the key to Blighttown.

Gone to PS4~ You little tykes have fun here!

• Level   2

I killed him. He finally showed up. I think you have to be human to see him! I finally saw him last night.