Dead Island - Split Screen?

• Level   1

Hi all,

so, i've been pretty excited about this. Me and my fiance are bored stupid of LfD now and wanted a new challange we can play with our buddies online. Before I commit to this, is it a split screen co-op like LfD is?

thanks!

• Level   4

No, this is online online co-op.

Xbox 360 Day One

Xbox One Day One

• Level   1

boooo! thanks for letting me know though, appreciate it! :)

Why are there so few games that seem to do this? it's frustrating!

• Level   4

It is usually the RPG (or free roam) games that do this. It may have something to do with the way the game plays or memory. Would be cool, but luckily most of my friends have Xbox 360's and I convinced most of them to get Dead Island.

Xbox 360 Day One

Xbox One Day One

• Level   1

So your saying the posting on the back of the game is wrong?    because from what the case says on the back, you are able to splitscreen Co-op online.   I have called tech support for the game to ask about this and they said that today, (9/9/2011) the update for split screen is supports to be put out and it will fully support splitscreen online. just what i have been told from the tech support people. :)

• Level   2

That's pretty awesome that you both played Left 4 Dead together. My Wife just can't get  the controls down (She's not a gamer)...but I tried. Dead Island is keeping me satisfied as I wait for the next installment of the Left 4 Dead series. Great game.

• Level   1

As of right now, I don't see a way to play split-screen.  No new DLC or patches.  Lame.

• Level   7

too bad the game don't support local co-op.

• Level   1

:(, i dont have xbox live gold and none of my friends have dead island

• Level   1

Dang, me and my friend wanted to play this game soooooo bad...

• Level   1

It's a shame that Dead Island hasn't got split screen but if you want to play it with your friends and they haven't got it, now is the time since the game is being offered for free thanks to the Games with Gold promotion, be quick though. They're changing the game today!

• Level   1

Yeah its really stink because I down loaded it so i could play it with my friends when they come over to hang out because they are into this game aswell