Lock Picking

• Level   4

OK so I have the lock picking skill on my Skills page.  It tells me I can open level 1,2,3 locks.  I'm at like level 36 or something.  But whenever I come across a chest that's locked it just tells me that I need locking picking skill 1 or 2 to unlock the chest.  What's the deal?  Do I need to do something special?

• Level   4

You need three skill points to unlock all 3 lock pick skill levels. After you do that you will be able to unlock any chests in the game. Press X to open the chest and X again to take the item.

Are you saying you unlocked all lock picking skills by assigning a point for each level but you still can't open a chest?

I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

• Level   2

Even if you have the skill point applied, it will pop up the lock level. Each of the skill circles in your skill tree that have 3 or 4 in a horizontal row each have 3 sections to choose. If there is only one section of the circle lit up in green on your lockpick skill, then you only have the ability to open level 1 locks. You have to choose at least 3 sections of any of the circles on that row before the next row down will become available.  You can choose all 3 parts of one, or one part of all 3, etc. Once, you move down to another row, you can still go back and apply points to any row that you have unlocked. When you scroll over the skill icon, the window that pops up is telling you the 3 levels of that skill that you can unlock. With only one point applied (only one section of circle is green), it will be the first on the list that you have unlocked. I hope that explains it; I know it's kind of confusing at first.

• Level   4

Whoa?  I'm lost now.  I thought all I had to do was choose that "skill" to unlock in the tree.  How do I assign these so called points?

• Level   4
    For every level gained you are awarded one skill point which can be used to unlock a specific skill in your skill tree. For example, the lock picking skill has 3 levels. You would need 3 skill points to unlock all three lock picking levels. Open up your skill tree and scroll to the skill you wish to unlock and press A. Press it once again to confirm your selection. . .

I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

• Level   2

Like WearyPETRO said, it takes 3 level points to unlock all 3 lockpick skills. As you scroll over the skill icons, a window will pop up telling you the 3 levels of that skill point. Each time you apply a point, part of the the circle will light up green. You have to apply at least 3 skill points to the skills that are several in a horizontal row before the next row below will open. If you apply all 3 points to the lockpick, the next row below will be open next time you level up. You could also apply one point to each of the skills on that row to unlock the next row below. The 3 points can be applied anywhere on that row and the next row down will unlock. Once the rows are unlocked, you can go to any skill on the trees, at any time, and apply points (or more points).

• Level   4

I already have the next level below it open, but your right only 1 part of the circle is lit up.  Don't understand why it let me unlock another skill before getting all 3 on that one.  No way in hell I would have ever realized it took 3 skill level points for one damn skill.

• Level   8

When they ruffed you up did this happen to include blunt force head trauma?

The apathy citizens have for their own freedom and liberty is what will bring about the end to both.

• Level   4

Douche much?

• Level   8

If only your mom would once in a while....

Hahahaha....I'm just rippin on ya, bro.  :-)

The apathy citizens have for their own freedom and liberty is what will bring about the end to both.