DOA5 Unlockables

• Level   2
    Hey all. Some initial stuff that can be found posted online.. on various sites so far. Would be great if players could add on to this...elaborate etc.
    Bonus courses
    Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding course:
    • Legend: Successfully complete the Master course in Arcade mode, Survival mode, or Time Attack mode.
    • Master: Successfully complete the True Fighter course in Arcade mode, Survival mode, or Time Attack mode.
    • True Fighter: Successfully complete the Champ course in Arcade mode, Survival mode, or Time Attack mode.
    Bonus characters
    Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding character:
    • Akira Yuki: Defeat Akira Yuki in Story mode.
    • Alpha-152: Earn 300 titles.
    • Gen Fu: Successfully complete Eliot's Story mode chapter.
    • Pai Chan: Earn 100 titles.
    • Sarah Bryant: Defeat Sarah Bryant in Story mode.
    Bonus costumes
    Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding costume:
    • Christie Swimsuit: Successfully complete the Legend course (solo match) in Time Attack mode with Christie without using a continue.
    • Kasumi Black Suit: Successfully complete the True Kasumi chapter in Story mode.
    • Kasumi Kimono: Successfully complete the Kasumi vs. Christie battle in the True Kasumi chapter in Story mode.
    • Lisa Swimsuit: Successfully complete the Legend course (solo match) in Survival mode with Lisa.
    • Tina Swimsuit: Successfully complete the Legend course (solo match) in Arcade mode with Tina without using a continue.
    Alternate hair style
    • At the costume selection screen, highlight a character, then hold LB or RB and press any [Hold], [Punch], or [Kick] button for a different hair style. Note: This only works for some characters.
    Alternate accessories
    • At the costume selection screen, highlight a character, then hold Left or Right and press any [Hold], [Punch], or [Kick] button for a different accessory (hat, eyewear, etc.). Note: This only works for some characters.
    Alternate panties
    • At the costume selection screen, highlight a female character, then hold any [Hold], [Punch], or [Kick] button to change the panties the character is wearing.

Character system voices
    • Successfully complete command training in Training mode with a character to unlock their system voice under the options menu.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken A light from the shadows shall spring

• Level   2

Some additional info from my experience with the game. One of the fun side things with Fighting games is unlocking all the characters, stages, gear/outfits etc.

I have a question. Are there any unlockable stages? That isn't clear to me at this point. I beat story mode and other things, I don't recall if that unlocked any stages.

As far as characters and costumes there are 4 unlockables that I know of that are tough to get.

Goes without saying that the Alpha-152 character will take time as you need 300 titles unlocked.

The last  challenging bit are the three legend costumes for Lisa, Christie, and Tina.

The Lisa one seems nearly impossible to me as you need to beat survival on Legend...it's 100 wins.

For Christie you need to beat Time Attack on Legend(no continues with any character).

For Tina you need to beat Arcade on Legend(no continues any character).

I have confirmed this. Many online sources are wrong with their info.

Many sites, and sources are saying you need to use Tina to unlock Tina's final costume...Christie for Christie's, Lisa for Lisa's. Some sources say you can not continue...some say you can continue(Arcade/Time Attack)as there is only a 30% chance of it unlocking.

FYI I have unlocked both Christie's and Tina's and did not use either character. I used Ryu, beat Time Attack and Arcade on Legend...using no continues and both unlocked.

It was trial and error as I heard you had to use the specific characters...COULD continue etc.

From my experience...even continuing once made the attempt unsuccessful. I tried many times and finally gave it a shot with Ryu..made it through without losing and the costumes were unlocked.

Legend is tough. They seem to counter more than 60% of your moves and for someone who is not a pro level fighting game player as myself I have no idea how one can beat Survival on Legend straight up.

Anyway for Arcade and TA...I used Ryu's Ongyoin...waited for the CPU to either start attacking or counter then launched

Fudo-Ryujo or Fudo-Zanshu. Tenrin-Kyaku was often used when finding myself in close quarters and having to mix it up.

I basically kept my distance with Ryu...hit diagonal back/up P to get into Ongyoin...waited for the CPU to react making it's self vulnerable and then hit Up K or Up T etc...rinse and repeat. Took no more than 15 minutes to unlock the two Legend costumes but with so much confused info online at this time I wasted time using characters I'm not as good with or using continues thinking it may still work.

Sorry for the long rambling post but I'm thinking a lot of people dig unlocking stuff in fighting games so thought some gamers may appreciate a heads up.

Hoping other's can post stuff they unlocked personally with tips etc as well.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken A light from the shadows shall spring

• Level   5

lisa's 100 wins in survival may be the most difficult but also the most rewarding

*perverted grin *wink *wink

• Level   3

Corum

Some additional info from my experience with the game. One of the fun side things with Fighting games is unlocking all the characters, stages, gear/outfits etc.

I have a question. Are there any unlockable stages? That isn't clear to me at this point. I beat story mode and other things, I don't recall if that unlocked any stages.

You unlock a science lab stage which is the one where you fight the multi alpha clones in story mode. It's the very last stage of story mode.  I am not sure if its unlocked by completing story mode itself or doing all the trail challenges in story mode. You know the small tasks they throw at you. I unlocked the stage. But then again I completed all the task trail challenges they asked for me to do in story mode, so I have no idea if that is a requirement.  But that's your unlock stage if anything. Not sure if you'll get another one for doing all the command trails like you did in DOA 4. Which I am yet to complete, because I'm focusing a bit in survival. So far my highest complete in survival is hard trail which is 50 wins the requirement to clear. Gonna try Champion trail soon and see what that asks.

Leifang is Top Tier in survival mode DOA 5. She's officially one of my new DOA girlfriends, next to Kokoro ^_^

• Level   2

how has everybody been unlocking the non special costumes?

• Level   3

SOG Duncan

how has everybody been unlocking the non special costumes?

See my reply to you in the "How Many Costumes For Everyone" post for your answer. ^_^

Leifang is Top Tier in survival mode DOA 5. She's officially one of my new DOA girlfriends, next to Kokoro ^_^

• Level   7

Is it me or does the announcer in DOA5 that says get ready fight sound like the same announcer in super street fighter? lol

M.U.S.H.A 

"Metallic Uniframe Super Hybrid Armor"

Would Love To See It Revived.

• Level   3

I can confirm that the easiest way to unlock Tina's and Christie's is to use Busa and use his "back up punch" --> "back up kick". You could use any other charachter but this works pretty good. How well it works depends on your timing (needs to be flawless) and the line up of your opponents. If you make a mistake one will punish you harder than the other. I pulled Christie of in one go but Tina took some effort. Here's the vid: watch?v=xmDp91NxfQ

"As de boer gjin oalje hat dan pisset er yn'e lampe"
    • Level   3

By the way, this is not my vid of course. It is the one I found most useful and dug up on you tube after some searching. It really does work. Hope this is useful for others too!

• Level   3

LevensneveL

I can confirm that the easiest way to unlock Tina's and Christie's is to use Busa and use his "back up punch" --> "back up kick". You could use any other charachter but this works pretty good. How well it works depends on your timing (needs to be flawless) and the line up of your opponents. If you make a mistake one will punish you harder than the other. I pulled Christie of in one go but Tina took some effort. Here's the vid: watch?v=xmDp91NxfQ

Good info for the noobies or newcomers having problems w/ this. Of course I already did this way before, but its good for the players who still are having problems getting Christie's and Tina's secret swimsuits. However this doesn't seem to work that good in survival mode I may add. I would go w/ Leifang for survival mode. I manage to get like 92 wins in Champion w/ her.  Her "1 P+K" seems to come out faster than Ryu's tactic.On the bright side or other good news I heard that a new patch will soon be released for the xbox 360 toning a bit the cheap A.I. countering almost all your moves. So that's a breath of fresh air for us in survival mode thank god. Maybe when its released I can finally get to 100 wins in Champ. Without those items like in DOA 4, Its hard to get those last 10 wins to complete it without helping items, but lowering the A.I.'s smartness or aggressive fight in survival and other modes is a good add on for us struggling with survival and can give us a slight bigger chance to get the 100 wins finally. 

• Level   3

Woooo...! Yeah I finally cleared Champion survival w/ Leifang, 100 wins finally... Only 3 more 100 wins and that dirty suit of Lisa is mine. Real Fighter is my next survival target to clear... Like I said Leifang is a lot better than Ryu for survival. From my experience her charge power blow(s) comes out faster than Ryu's and have slight better reach which you will need in survival. Its still no easy task. You gotta zone yourself at all times and wait for a slight opening for punishment before releasing the blow. Or else they will block it and you'll most likely will get punished or countered.  Only problem I found a pain was Lisa, Rigs, and Pai slightly... The rest are a bit readable, you will know what to do at the right moment after spending a few hours playing survival w/ her. But these guys were a test often of smartness. Lisa was often being a cheap easy zoning character easily getting at me by her crazy reach air throws or her body attack launch attacks. Pai and Rigs where only problem some a bit if you got too close to them.    

• Level   3

^^ Nice job and info.  Still, the effort it takes for that one costume...I think for many or at least for me it is a question wether I want to put all that into it for the small reward of a costume (setting aside of course the huge reward of glory, fame and braggingrights :))

I think this is really a challenge for people who are really into the game but for casual players...I don't know. I have no problem admitting that I do not have the skills to complete survival on legendary. I could try but it would probably be a waste of time. I do think it is nice that they've put in a challenge like that in the game for the more serious players.

• Level   5

LevensneveL

...I think this is really a challenge for people who are really into the game but for casual players...I don't know. I have no problem admitting that I do not have the skills to complete survival on legendary. I could try but it would probably be a waste of time. I do think it is nice that they've put in a challenge like that in the game for the more serious players.

QFT, but I still want all the costumes.  It's actually a bit easier on this system then on the other simply due to the controllers being sized for humans on this system as opposed to the other (how I wish the Hori Turbo 2 would work on the other one). I was under the impression that you had to use the character in question (I.E.: Christy for Legendary Time Attack) & not get defeated in order to do the Legendary trials, so the above info helps some in that regard.  This is one of the things I miss from the last DoA, the "store" that was in the game so you could buy the costumes.  I certainly don't relish the idea of going to the harder modes for characters I barely use just to get the costumes. 

Currently got my hands full on the Command Mode Practice stuff,  Akiras 1 framer has become my new "Raijin", I'm really starting to despise it. 

Beware the siren song of utopian dreamers. 

~P. Robertson

• Level   3

Randzz
    I certainly don't relish the idea of going to the harder modes for characters I barely use just to get the costumes

Certainly agree on that and I am sure besides me there are more players holding the same opinion. But anyone who's a bit into gaming knows this urge to complete a game and this can motivate you to unlock or do stuff that once obtained actually is not that useful or interesting to you. I think this aspect actually adds to being a gamer at heart. I'll probably still give survival a try dispite my earlier statement. Just to still make a small attempt at costume completion. I'll fail but still driven by the thought and drive of completion.

On a sidenote: As already known you can use any character to unlock Tina's and Christie's swimsuit. Just a little extra info: If you have done it right you'll know if your last opponent is actually the character in the costume you are aiming for. So in arcade your last adversary will be Tina and in time trial it'll be Christie. This what it was like in my game anyways and I'm pretty sure this was no coincidence.

• Level   3

LevensneveL

On a sidenote: As already known you can use any character to unlock Tina's and Christie's swimsuit. Just a little extra info: If you have done it right you'll know if your last opponent is actually the character in the costume you are aiming for. So in arcade your last adversary will be Tina and in time trial it'll be Christie. This what it was like in my game anyways and I'm pretty sure this was no coincidence.

Levensnevel is right... You can use anybody to unlock those hard swimsuits outfits. Don't pay attention to the gamefaq or any other site about having to do them w/ Tina or Christie... That's a bunch of bs and lies. Also the 30% chance of getting them is also bs and a big lie. Remember  Team Ninja/Tecmo are probably crazy challenging makers, not complete nightmare, impossible challenging douchbags. They would make it a bit challenging or very hard, but not force you to play or get good w/ characters you will often not use or main. Only certain people probably would. I done it twice. One on this account and one on my silver account where I have my DOA Xtreme 2 100% achievements LoL. And I gotten them first time without losing a single fight. So its proven to be lies..