Where is the co-op mode for Doom 3??

• Level   8

The original Doom 3 on the xbox had a 2 player co-op mode.  I do not see it at all.  If that is missing, I am returning this game asap.  

• Level   5

There isn't co-op for 3 which is sooo lame considering they had that mode for 3 on the original Xbox back in the day.  I know because I played through it in that mode.  I too am upset it's not in this version.  My understanding is it's like that  because this version is based off of the PC version.. which didn't have co-op.  They might have done that to easier do the graphical upgrades that they did.  Still, so lame.  I just picked mine up today knowing all that, but it's still well worth the price.  Still a lot of fun to be had with it.  Hope you keep it.

We're Alive.  It's like The Walking Dead, but in podcast form.  Also free.

• Level   8

I can indeed confirm that Doom 3 does NOT have a co-op campaign this time.  Doom 3 on the xbox had a co-op campaign, but not on the 360. What kind of terrible, stupid idea was that!!?? Doom 1 and Doom 2 have a 4 player co-op campaign. Doom 3 has no co-op.  :ouch::tdown:  

So anyway I brought it back to Gamestop for a full refund yesterday.  Ended up buying the the Borderlands DLC instead.  :tup:

• Level   5

Ouch sorry to hear that man.  My only question is did you buy BFG for just co-op?  If so there are many other games better suited for that.  Doom 3 even without that mode has a lot to offer and then some.  I agree it's a huge disappointment though.  The developers messed up on that aspect, but this collection is better suited played alone.  More creepy that way.

• Level   8

Yes that was the main reason I wanted Doom 3 was to play through the co-op again.  I owned it on the original xbox and loved the co-op mode for Doom 3. Played through it many times with friends, family, and randoms.  I just simply could not believe Doom 3 didnt have co-op on the 360.  I also didnt like the fact we could not install Doom 3. If you install it, you cant access Doom 1 or Doom 2.  Oh well as you said, there are plenty of co-op games out there.  In fact there are actually at least 136 co-op games for the 360. I have played almost all of them. If you like co-op make sure you check out Borderlands 2.  Easily one of the best games so far in 2012.     :)

• Level   5

it would have been cool if there was some kind of co-op horde mode.

THE IMMORTAL D is currently waiting for MORTAL KOMBAT X

• Level   1

I am so disapointed right now. I bought two copies just so I could play coop. I feel so duped.

Doom 3 BFG Edition = Lame

YO
    • Level   5

It's not lame, but that particular aspect is disappointing indeed.  Doom 1 and 2 still have co-op, and 5 games for $40 with some of them having a new look and new features makes it well worth it.  It's not my intention to be rude, but next time you may want to do some research and verify what game modes something does or doesn't have.  I found out well before the release they wouldn't be including co-op for Doom 3 (taking it away), but still knew the purchase would be a good one for me.  

• Level   2

Yeah, they've stated in the interviews that Doom 3 BFG wouldn't have coop. I don't think it really matters anyway. In my opinion Doom is a solo experience. Having two people speed around in tight, narrow corridors ruins the experience.

• Level   2

Ug.  I am so tired of people complaining about the lack of co-op.  Doom 3 was originally on PC and is fantastic.  This is one of my top buys for the year because it's one of my favorite games.  The Xbox version was a horrible watered down version of Doom 3 and the co-op campaign was even shorter.  I understand if you enjoyed the co-op but if you missed this game on PC and only played it on Xbox then you are missing out by not playing it.

• Level   4

Glad I didn't open mine yet. Taking this game back.

• Level   5

Wow I can't believe two people now took back the game because there isn't co-op in Doom 3.  As stated by others Doom 3 is a survival horror shooter number one.  It was made with creepiness in mind.  Everyone knows co-op takes away from that.  Sure them removing it is a bummer because it removes a game mode that was seen in the past, but there's so much fun to be had with BFG.  If a person is looking for a great co-op game, it seems strange to me they would think of buying BFG to fulfill that need.  It's a game best served in singleplayer.  As Xemphanis said, Doom 3 on the original Xbox was watered down, and co-op was even worse.  It was still fun, but not as good as singleplayer.  If someone is looking for a co-op game with emphasis on mostly that, there are plenty of them out there and plenty more to come.  One thing I like even more about Doom 3 in this version is you see everything that was in the PC version, that wasn't in the Xbox version.  I've noticed a lot of cool stuff that was never in the Xbox version.  One more reason for me to love it.

• Level   1

Very Lame and Disappointing has co-op is a feature I absolutely love and thoroughly enjoy.

• Level   2

I'm glad I decided to check the forums before buying this today with Black Ops II. I already own Doom 1 & 2 on XBLA, so I mainly wanted this for Doom 3's awesome co-op....which is now non-existent.

I know the game wasn't designed as a multiplayer experience, but It's still fun and that's what I was willing to pay for. Shame the PC version is also completely devoid of a player base. I'll just buy Halo 4 instead.

• Level   2

The F in BFG stands for FAIL.