Dragon Age 2 was awesome but....

• Level   2

The game is called Dragon Age... Why is there not more interaction with the woman who could turn into a dragon? I was a bit disappointed and was hoping she would have more of a storyline in the game!

I was not very happy with how the game ended, I felt there should have been more to it.  After killing the Knight Captain, boom.. its over..?

What happens to the town?

Am I their new leader since everyone above me is now dead?

I killed all of Merril's elf village off and she didn't act sad at all afterwards and they just dropped that part of the story..?

Whatever happened to the blight, I never killed them off? They are just running around terrorizing the place while I kill off blood mages?

Whatever happened to the King of Ferelden, he came to me and talked to me real quick and then he fell off the grid.. I thought I was going to be able to go back to Ferelden and whoop some blight @@@?

I just have a lot of questions at the end and felt there should have been more, I did have a blast though but when the game ended I was like uhhhhhh, what about all this other stuff that was going on?

• Level   2

Oh yea, and another thing, I chose to fight with the mages and kill the templar.. I was quite annoyed when while fighting the templar, there are those little ugly @@@ looking sludge monsters mixed in with the templar fighting together against me... Weren't the templar fighting against that crap and I was killing the templar because not all mages are like that? Found that weird...

Then, while fighting FOR the mages, seems like all the mages wanted to turn into frickin monsters while I was trying to help them, like wtf, now I have to kill you... So stupid.

What pissed me off the most was Osiron or whatever the first enchanters name was when he was like "she wants blood magic, then shell get it" Then I have to kill him too? Like dude, I was helping you out and now I have to kill you, you're an idiot! Now I wish I would have helped the templar in my quest instead of the mages cause all of the mages turn out to be blood mages lol

But then in the end, I find out the knight captain is all evil because of her sword so I was like okay, no matter what path I would have chosen, the whole frickin city is infested with demons so I had to do a genocide of everyone except me and my friends...

wish they made a few changes to all that

• Level   9

Originally posted by MorkethThe game is called Dragon Age... Why is there not more interaction with the woman who could turn into a dragon? I was a bit disappointed and was hoping she would have more of a storyline in the game!

You mean Flemeth? She had a role in DA: Origins, and knowing Flemeth, kinda grateful we only deal with her for that short role. Who knows, she may have more impact in the third Dragon Age game... which is undoubtedly being planned.

I was not very happy with how the game ended, I felt there should have been more to it. After killing the Knight Captain, boom.. its over..?

Considering what Meredith had become, what were you expecting? I admit, I did feel a bit cheated after the end, but the epilogue with Varric and the Seeker filled in some of the questions... until new DLC/etc is released as well as the probably DAIII.

What happens to the town?

Dunno... one would assume it was rebuilt after the Mage/Templar battle.

Am I their new leader since everyone above me is now dead?

No, I don't think so. Leliana and the Seeker mentioned about how the Champion has vanished just like the Warden... in short, they did what Revan and the Exile did at the end of their respective games (Knights of the Old Republic/Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords).

I killed all of Merril's elf village off and she didn't act sad at all afterwards and they just dropped that part of the story..?

I think the fate of Merrill's clan is determined upon your actions, as in one playthrough I ended up killing all the elves but in my recent playthrough, I wasn't forced to kill them after finishing off Merrill's quest. So mainly I think, dialogue/alignment options may play a part in that.

Whatever happened to the blight, I never killed them off? They are just running around terrorizing the place while I kill off blood mages?

The Blight was defeated at the end of Dragon Age: Origins by the Warden (the Player character) and his/her group.

Whatever happened to the King of Ferelden, he came to me and talked to me real quick and then he fell off the grid.. I thought I was going to be able to go back to Ferelden and whoop some blight @@@?

Like I said above, the Blight was defeated by the Warden in Dragon Age: Origins, and the events of Dragon Age II span about 10 years or so... so by the time you meet Alistair the Blight has been over for a few years.

I just have a lot of questions at the end and felt there should have been more, I did have a blast though but when the game ended I was like uhhhhhh, what about all this other stuff that was going on?

There is more than likely more DLC coming for DAII, which may hopefully answer more questions, the inevitable DAIII (whenever that is released) as well as some of the events you've mentioned have already been sorted out in the first game.

Then, while fighting FOR the mages, seems like all the mages wanted to turn into frickin monsters while I was trying to help them, like wtf, now I have to kill you... So stupid.

With Mages, comes the temptation to use their power for evil purposes... The demons of the Fade are always there to lure and tempt Mages into a deal, which may ultimately end up with the demon possessing the Mage and turning them into a Abomination (a physical avatar for the demon in the material world).

What pissed me off the most was Osiron or whatever the first enchanters name was when he was like "she wants blood magic, then shell get it" Then I have to kill him too? Like dude, I was helping you out and now I have to kill you, you're an idiot! Now I wish I would have helped the templar in my quest instead of the mages cause all of the mages turn out to be blood mages lol

Orsino was at his wit's end imo... and probably felt that the only way to stop Meredith and the Templars was to embrace what Meredith was charging the Mages with: Blood Magic. Not all Mages became Blood Mages though... Bethany doesn't, nor does Hawke (if they're a Mage). Even the Mages of the Circle in Fereldan, after the mission there, First Enchanter Irving wasn't a Blood Mage as well as others weren't either.

But then in the end, I find out the knight captain is all evil because of her sword so I was like okay, no matter what path I would have chosen, the whole frickin city is infested with demons so I had to do a genocide of everyone except me and my friends...

The sword Meredith wielded was the transformed form of the Lyrium Idol, Hawke and co. find during the Underground Expedition at the end of Act 1. The power of the Idol corrupted Meredith, like it did with Bartrand. Not all of Kirkwall was destroyed, just severely damaged due to the fighting with the Qunari and then between the Mages and Templars. Even when the Seeker, Leliana and the Chantry's forces could be seen in the epilogue, the city was still standing... and as Varric had been dragged in front of the Seeker, it's obvious that there are still people living in Kirkwall. Probably won't find out more, until (like above) more DLC or DAIII.

wish they made a few changes to all that

BioWare makes trilogies, so whatever questions are left unanswered, hopefully may be answered in the third installment/DLC.

RIP Raychel, 29/06/2012. Beloved sister and friend (Forum poster: Ghost Rider 2099). Your light was extinguished far too early... Rest now, for one day we shall meet again.

• Level   8

Well dragons are ridiculously hard to kill so you don't want too many. There were 3 in DA1 and I only found 1 to fight in the sequel.

• Level   9

IIRC, there are two dragons to fight in DAII, both near the Bone Pit. First when you go through the mine itself and exit to the outside on the small plateau, and the second time when you fight the High Dragon (where upon it's slaying it drops the Champions' body armor).

RIP Raychel, 29/06/2012. Beloved sister and friend (Forum poster: Ghost Rider 2099). Your light was extinguished far too early... Rest now, for one day we shall meet again.

• Level   9

"BioWare makes trilogies, so whatever questions are left unanswered, hopefully may be answered in the third installment/DLC."

Then where is KotOR 3 and Jade Empire 2 and 3?

Xbox One Day One

So excited MS bought the Gears of War franchise and gave it back to Rod.

• Level   9

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III is a canceled video game in the Knights of the Old Republic series and is a follow up to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. According to designer John Stafford, "we got quite a bit of traction... we wrote a story, designed most of the environments/worlds, and many of the quests, characters, and items." However, when the game was close to starting development, LucasArts hit a difficult period in the company's history which led to the project being canceled. Though personally I think it became Star Wars The Old Republic... but that's just me.

[i]Jade Empire 2 has been confirmed and strongly hinted at for the Xbox 360. When EA Games bought out BioWare/Pandemic they listed Jade Empire as one of the IPs (intellectual properties) involved in the sale. There is no official information on Jade Empire 2, but BioWare, who does not normally allow rumors or speculation about future games in their message board community has allowed a wishlist for JE 2.

On October 15, 2009 Gamespot published an article that states the Jade Empire property is in limbo. The article notes that Ray Muzyka had said "BioWare definitely plans to continue the Jade Empire franchise" in November of 2005, there has been no concrete information since then on development of a sequel. However, as recently as Febuary 2010 BioWare has hinted in the Official Xbox 360 Magazine that we should not "count out the studio revisiting this franchise in the not-too-distant future…” .lead designer on Dragon Age: Origins doubted that a JE sequel was in active development, but mentioned the IP as being a staff favorite and that they would love to revisit it at some point.

• Level   8

They should bring back KotOR1 to the xbox 360, that was a classic game.

• Level   4

With the DLC there are a total of 4 dragons in DA2 that I have found.

Self admitted RPG addict!

• Level   5

Also, Dragon Age isn't called that because of an abundance of Dragons.  It's named for the Age it's set in (called "The Dragon Age), which was named by the Divine because at the end of the Age before it (the Blessed Age), a Dragon (by that time, a rare beast) had appeared and was raging around in the world.  The Divine took that as a holy sign and thus named the next Age after it.

• Level   5

The High Dragon took multiple attempts for me to defeat on regular difficulty, that's enough dragon for me in one game.

What noise will you make when you hit the ground? You think you'll hear it before you die?

• Level   3

I was a bit disappointed in Dragon Age 2 since it didn't seem to revert back to the original one except for a couple of short instances. With that being said, I'm hoping for a huge Dragon Age 3 that will merge both Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2.

It's about time they announce something about Dragon Age 3 anyway so I can't wait til E3. If BioWare is going to announce it then my money is at E3

Twitter @comicaldisaster

Community Manager for Vagary Like our Facebook page.

• Level   3

Well the reason it is called 'Dragon Age' is because it is set in an era called the 'Dragon Age'.

Secondly you won't see Alistair/The King of Fereldan again because he clearly stated he was going to have to solve other problems, regarding Orlais.

Thirdly, the reason the ending being unclear is to make way for more dramatic DLC's, books, and other various schemes. Inevitably however, yes, it's a bummer.

The character development wasn't as entrenched to the storyline in DA2, so you only get one scene where Merril expresses her sorrow for the loss of her clan, if you should choose to kill them. So you should still know that  she is sad.

The blight was ended, you are coming in a bit late bro.

Depending on your actions at the end of the game, you do become the Viscount, Varric mentions this.

In short, await more DLC.

In war, Victory.
    • Level   1

I think Dragon Age 2 was left with unfinished things such as Flemeth and the champion's unknown whereabouts in the ending so that they can build the story later on.