Batman: Gotham Knight announced!

• Level   9

Not really, but for a long time Ive been thinking of the perfect Batman game specially after Arkham Asylum came out and I played it (I haven't played AC yet).

• I wanna see a Batman game set in the whole open world of Gotham City, all the locations from the comics, Wayne Tower, the Narrows, Wayne Manor, Crime Alley, etc.
    • I wanna go there by gliding from rooftop to rooftop or just riding on the Batmobile while Im chased by Joker's goons on bikes.
    • I wanna fight the corrupt police force like in Batman Year One.
    • I wanna see how Batman's actions fuel the insane criminals in Gotham city and how it has an effect on the people.
    • I wanna go back to Wayne Manor to rest, upgrade weapons and gadgets, train Bruce and plan out my next missions.
    • I wanna be Gotham's Dark Knight.

Now its your turn, what do you think?

My game reviews and articles at: Basement Dwelling Gamer

• Level   9

Sounds good to me. Arkham City was a city was a great game, and while many people were happy that it was a larger world than Arkham Asylum, it was actually pretty tiny compared to a game like Grand Theft Auto. A city that size and the addition of a drivable batmoble and batwing would be amazing.

Attack on Titan has been added to Netflix. Watch it. I'm serious. Do it now.

@Sword_StyIe

• Level   9

Yep, the only thing I have trouble figuring out is, if its in an open world with night/day cycles, what would you do in the morning? I guess you could restrict players to stay in Wayne Manor during the day until night or something, because otherwise what would you do in daylight through the city?

• Level   5

Give the player the option to play as Bruce during the day, but if they decide not to, then they could automatically skip to night for some missions as Bats.

XXVIII diebus VI horis et XII XLII minuta secunda

• Level   9

^That works but again, what would you do on the day besides training and spending your time in Wayne manor?

They could do something like they did with Assassin's Creed, where you play as Desmond for just a bit on a fixed location, maybe that is a good solution.

• Level   4

While playing as Bruce they could put in a business lite sim in it. Putting out new products, taking over rival companies, just controlling the business would be cool. And through those contacts and new business acquired Batman can have access to new weapons and gadgets.

Top 5 games: Dragon Age: Origins Mass Effect (series) Harvest Moon 64 Persona (series) Halo (series)
    • Level   8

Sounds interesting. What I was wondering though is this. Are future batman or DC games in general going to be based off the new 52?

In Arkham Asylum (havent played City yet) bats talks to Oracle (Barbara Gordon) Well now in the relaunch She is still Batgirl because her spine injury wasnt permanent in this new reboot. I just wonder if they will start making games based on the new DC world.

• Level   8

Me. It be called Arkham knights. And you need to add JLA to the mix as well.

• Level   8

Law you know in real life. Get shot in the spaine is forever until they find a qay to repaier it.

• Level   9

Well my idea is set up in a Batman only timeline (no Robin, Oracle/Batgirl, Nightwing), kind of like Year One where hes just returned to Gotham after years of going around the world learning and accepting his mission. This is the perfect time because the police are corrupt and he not only has to fight them but also the criminals.

Also since this is a very young Batman, players would see the rise of the rogue's gallery and how Batman has had an effect on them.

Players would earn experience from doing missions and fighting enemies which would allow them to upgrade the Batmobile, gadgets and earn new combat moves.

• Level   8

Dakrkplayer2

Law you know in real life. Get shot in the spaine is forever until they find a qay to repaier it.

What? You dont say........Thanks for the education i dont know what i would do without you.

• Level   5

First off, I hate you for making me think they announced a new Batman game :P Apart from that, it sounds good, although they may want to distance themselves from the Batman:Gotham Knight animated movie, that was horrible, unfortunately.

if olive oil comes from olives, then where does baby oil come from

• Level   5

silly forum!

Live Fast, Die Hard. XBOX Since 2007.

• Level   5

I feel like I just got Rick Rolled. A good idea though, and just because it's day time doesn't mean Bruce doesn't make appearances as Batman. Although someone once said that Batman is who he is and Bruce is just his disguise. But daytime could also lead to more stealth based missions such as Batman donning one of his dozens of disguises and sneaking into areas to investigate things before coming back as Batman and breaking heads.  There could also be coporate/social activities kind of like with Saints Row. Except less debaucherous.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.- Ayn Rand

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison

• Level   5

Yea, the title is a bluff grrr...but there is no surprise if the next game is in Gotham City because that's really the next step to take or like Batman Beyond . If you play as Catwoman you can escape to Gotham city and the devs  already mentioned that are thinking about it.