Can't cast Magic Weapon, help

• Level   2

Topic says it all really. I bought Magic Weapon and put it into my attunement slot. I have the stats to use it, but when I take out a catalyst and try casting my character just looks at the staff funny and scratches his head. It's weird, but I can cast things like soul arrow with no problem. For some reason Magic Weapon is also  darkened no matter what I do, the way other spells are when you don't have the item used to cast them equipped. I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone explain how the spell is cast?

Bear in mind I'm feeling kind of stupid here, level 60-some-odd and I still have no idea how to work this basic spell.

• Level   5

You sure you aren't supposed to use the talisman?

It's not enough for people to just live. They have to live for something.

• Level   2

I'm going to go buy a talisman off the fat guy and feel silly if that does it :)

• Level   5

I can't recall most of what spells need what item other than pyromancy needing the pyromancer flame. Just be sure to check each one if it isn't working. Since you said you have the required stats, we can rule that out.

It's not enough for people to just live. They have to live for something.

• Level   2

Got it to work. How? Tried the staff, nothing. Tried the talisman, nothing. Tried pyromancy... nothing. Tried the staff again? Suddenly it works. It was some kind of glitch because now the staff lets me cast the spell just fine. I'll even level INT now since I have Greater Magic Weapon. Hooray, and thanks for the assist.