Silver Knight Archers in Anor Londo

• Level   2
    This has to be one of the most aggravating parts of the game. The two knights sniping at you with dragon arrows while you are trying to navigate the ledge. I didn't have too much trouble with them on the first playthrough, but in NG+ they are a real pain for my sorceror to deal with.

I read a trick online, and it seemed to work really well. It's cheesy and cowardly, but what the heck. What I did was get to the platform that has 2 bat-wing demons, and kill them. Then when you look left, there's the path going up, with the archers shooting from each side. Don't go up the path. Instead, hide behind the column on the left, and equip a longbow with poison arrows. Peek out, and snipe the archer on the right. But you have to be careful. You can only get off a few shots, and then he starts shooting back (I still got hit a few times). Go back behind the column, and wait for him to stop shooting (8 to 10 shots), then come out again and repeat. If you can position the arrow right, then eventually you'll poison him. It takes a long time for him to die, and you'll have to poison him twice.

The second archer was trickier. I did the same thing, hiding behind the same column. But the shot was harder to make. But eventually, he went down too. After that, it was just a nice gentle stroll across the rooftops of Anor Londo, to the bonfire. (First door on the LEFT not the RIGHT!)

And that's where my sunbro Solaire says, "You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me! Oh no, dear me. Pretend you didn't hear that!"
    • Level   3

Sorcerer?  Why not use homing crystal soulmass or pursuers?  You'll run up to the archer and bam...dead.

• Level   5

While doing the trick with the poison arrows, I also noticed that as long as you can land headshots, you don't have to wait for the poison.  A headshot makes them recoil, almost stunning them for a second.  As long as you don't leave any time between shots, and always hit the head, you'll continually be able to do much heavier damage without them shooting back.  First time you miss a headshot, though, you must get back behind the column until the aggro calms down.  Also, and you have to use the fog ring or they'll start shooting as soon as you poke your head out.  Or, just do like RedPoint says, and cast a homing spell on them.

• Level   2

Sounds like I should have cranked out some Crystal Homing Soulmass! Guess I like to do things the hard way :)

• Level   5

I know how you feel...there was a time when I dreaded meeting those two, but in the many times I've faced them, I discovered a lot of ways to take them down.  My proudest moment was when I was doing a low level playthrough (SL11), and my only real option was Great Combustion.  Someone here suggested rolling through the arrows and charging the guy on the right.  I did that, and cooked him with three blasts of GC.  It was so simple, I couldn't even believe I hadn't tried it before.

• Level   4

I don't seem to struggle with this part as much as others on NG+ My character can use goughs bow so dealing with these guys is easy but nice strategy for dealing with them

Former Soldier in the United States Army. Rank at time of medical discharge, SFC (Sergeant First Class)

Defiance Xbox 360 NA servers

• Level   4

Parry...

The System Has Failed

• Level   3

^^ That's what I do if I don't have Wrath of the Gods or some homing spell.

• Level   3

Just sprint up, aggro the one on the right, wait until he switches to melee gear, and back off him. 99.9% of the time his attacks will throw him off the cliff.

Don't lock on to him, either

JimBob

Commander-in-Chief of the Internet Police Force

"Stopping Internet Crime After It Happens!"

• Level   2

While getting shot in the back? I'm not a fan of charging up the ledge for that reason. I usually get knocked off.

• Level   3

How does one "back off" without being locked on?  Once you press back, you'll turn around and have your back to the enemy.  Did you mean that you should run away from him?  I have heard that strategy before as a way of getting them to throw themselves off the ledge.

• Level   3

"Once you press back, you'll turn around and have your back to the enemy.  Did you mean that you should run away from him?"

Yes.

He won't be shooting you in the back because he'll have his sword/shield out. Face him and let him beat on your shield once or twice, then turn and run the opposite way. His next attack should throw him off the ledge. If you do it right it's a billion times faster than watching poison eat away their health.

JimBob

Commander-in-Chief of the Internet Police Force

"Stopping Internet Crime After It Happens!"

• Level   2

Ah. Well that's a nice little trick to know!