Jeweler vs. Blacksmith Pages

• Level   4

I started Nightmare last night and am already frustrated with drop rates!

Why are the Jeweler pages rates less than Blacksmith - even though you need the former pages to create Perfect gems ... and beyind?!  Smart thinking Blizzard!  (sarcasm there if you didn't catch on it!)

Is there any way to get a better drop rate?  Does Magic Find effect it?  Or co-op?

Or do I need to wait until I get to get to higher levels?

• Level   2

I think as you get higher levels you move on to books (tomes)  so I wouldn't bother merging 10 to make one tome. However I am pritty sure act 4 seems to drop more jewl pages than black smith. I did find however by the end of the playthough I barely needed them anymore. Just check everything from barrels to book shelfs and hopefully the further.you get the more drop ( act one dropped very few for me they were all blacksmith)

• Level   4

---

Hello "SargonParidius"  :)

---

I too have noticed that the drop rate of the " Pages of Jewelcrafting " (Nightmare) and " Tomes of Jewelcrafting " (Hell) are a lot less than the " Pages of Blacksmithing " (Nightmare) and " Tomes of Blacksmithing " (Hell).  I know that everything is all radomized, but if I were to estimate the ratio of Jewelcrafting stuff vs Blacksmithing stuff, it would be about 1 Jewelcrafting stuff to 10 Blacksmithing stuff.

---

At this point of time, I normally play on the the Inferno Hard difficulty setting (although I've beaten Inferno Nightmare solo before) and I was forced to go back to Hell Hard just to collect " Tomes of Jewelcrafting " because I had 24 Rubies that required " Tomes of Jewelcrafting " so that I could use my " Tome of Secrets " on them (or whatever you use on the Inferno setting).  The results were pretty much as I stated above (I got 1 Jewelcrafting stuff for every 10 Blacksmithing stuff).

---

My advice to you is that you just hang in there and be patient.  Some people have been extremely lucky with the  Jewelcrafting stuff; but even with such a low drop rate of Jewelcrafting stuff (in my case), your collection will grow too  :)

---

Have a nice day or afternoon or night  :)

• Level   4

---

Hello everyone  :)

---

Sorry for the typos everyone, I was meant to put...

---

I normally play on the Inferno Hard difficulty setting (although I've beaten Inferno Master 1 solo before)

---

There was an extra " the " and I placed " Nightmare " as typos.

• Level   1

Hey all.  I wouldn't really sweat the lack of drops for the paqges of jewel crafting.  Inferno is where the best stuff drops, and then you have to use tome of secrets any way.  Concentrate on leveling your artisan and wait till you get to inferno to really craft jewels.  You'll find that perfect square jewel drops are pretty frequent and then you can upgrade from there, using the tome of secrets.  Also, you'll start finding plans in inferno for gems that are tier 12-15.  

As tempting as it may be to craft a lot of stuff before you get to Infernno, trust me, it's worth it to save your money and your time.  Run through the game as fast as you can and get to inferno.  That's where all your awesome end game gear and items will drop.