massive bug on f1 2011, must read

• Level   9

not sure this is for grand prix mode but you can test it, i know this works for time trials and online, set your spring rating front and rear to 11 and your car will stick to the road like glue, test your lap time on something like 8 front and rear then put it on 11 front and rear there is a massive difference so if you are wondering why you are being slaughtered on the time trial leaderboards..this is why...this is soooo bad i hope codies fix it asap or i will not buy this game for that reason..but half of them are on holiday so dont expect it to be fixed in the next few weeks.

• Level   4

wont buy it because of stupid cheated leaderboards??? life is calling dude

• Level   8

Game is full of quitters and people using you as a brake typical!!!

• Level   7

NUFC IX

Can't really fault the game for that, pretty much every online racing game ever made has the same problem.  If you want proper racing, you need to play with like-minded friends or join one of the many leagues out there.

• Level   9

yep even in custom grand prix you spend all that time qualifying only to be rammed off in the first corner, anyway ive sold it on now lol

• Level   9

Trippul G

NUFC IX

Can't really fault the game for that, pretty much every online racing game ever made has the same problem.  If you want proper racing, you need to play with like-minded friends or join one of the many leagues out there.

Yep!

I only play this with friends online and for me it's one of the best online racers I've played.

• Level   1

Hi,

Its a good game, it has got some bugs but its a good enough blast. Most people are complaining about the 11/11 setup bug and the poor AI but all in all its not a bad game. Hopefully Codemasters will patch it up. Underneath all the bugs and gremlins truly lies a great game :)

Save The Tiger from Extinction! :)

• Level   7

Totally agree.  If you go to the CM forums, you'd think that this was the worst game ever made, with the amount of complaining that's going on there.  Some people really seem to enjoy being overdramatic and making mountains out of molehills.

The game's not perfect, but what game is?  Even without the patch, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite racing games of all time.

• Level   3

The only thing I would change in the leaderboards is that All times are only legitimate with ALL assists off , that way it would be a fairer system. Try the 11/11 spring rate out with TC off ! No way you can floor it around corners now !

• Level   7

CLAY GRYPHON

The only thing I would change in the leaderboards is that All times are only legitimate with ALL assists off , that way it would be a fairer system.

I disagree.  All that would be needed is a symbol to designate which assists were used to set the time, and the ability to filter the times accordingly.  Why give people the ability to use assists, and then punish them on the leaderboards for doing so?

• Level   1

Maybe 2 leaderboards, one for assists and the other for no assists. But wow, some of the times are really fast, there is a guy/gal that done a 1.16 XXX using no assists. I can only get a late 1.19 XXX with assists on. If people want to challenge for the fastest times I think they will need to invest in a good steering wheel. I don't think the joypad can cut it. Some people say that both joypad and Wheel are the same and that it depends on the user but I seen videos of people playing with wheels and they can really turn into the bends.

When I use the pad I have to lift off the accelarator to take the bends. I know I'm no racing great or anything like that but I've played the entire F1 series from 1995 when it appeared on ps1. I'm not to shabby at F1 games but I see from videos that the wheels offer much better turn in than the pads.

I know people will say that it depends on the car set up but I do set up my car, I can do a 1.13 in Catalunya with my pad but when I seen a video of a guy using a wheel, he was really hammering it in through the corners, much more than I could ever get with my Joypad.

The Leaderboards are fun and I don't take them seriously, its nice to be up high on them but its not really important. The fun factor is more important, and this game is fun, it has bugs but its fun :)

• Level   1

I got totally bored with this buggy game and the entire CM attitude both pre and post release. I traded it in and got €30 and bought forza 4.

Ha CM, you got me twice but you'll never get another red cent from me ever again.

• Level   7

BengalTigerTez

Ha CM, you got me twice but you'll never get another red cent from me ever again.

Funny, that's pretty much how I feel about Turn 10.  To each his own...

• Level   2

I tried it when I was struggling at Monaco....Holy cr@p!  Oversteer city for me.  I do generally like a lower ride hight on my cars as it always feels more in control but 11/11 on spring strength found me out.  I think i went 7/9 in the end with it lowered to 2/4.  I guess the bug can work but it also comes down to driving style (or lack of in my case).

• Level   1

This is why I never use the setup.