What is the best way to kill a deathclaw?

• Level   8

too bad there's no dart gun in NV from what I've seen.

But with a critical/vats build, you can just shoot them in the head in vats. Thats what I did to clear the whole place to get the eggs for the arena. Used some slasher and a psyco with a few items that increases maximum AP, and got the shooting. Dropped them all with one head shot but the mother and alpha which took, 2-3 shots.

Critical/Vats build is super over powered in this game. Not even the legendary deathclaw was a match for it. But I like it because I just like slaughtering everything I come across like im an unkillable god or something.

Graffiti Artist Dre

• Level   5

Euclid c finder.

• Level   5

^

So weak. I remember being so disappointed in that thing. Give me my Knock-Knock and I'll be good.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   5

Its good for me at least with stealth boys.

• Level   2

Anti material rifle w/ AP rounds, if that fails alien blaster (or what ever it's called)

• Level   5

The thing that annoys me about daethclaws is that they seem a lot stronger than they were in FO3. I just stand back far enough to blast them with my grenade rifle, or just throw mines in front of them since they relentlessly chase you.

Putting noobs in their place here since '07

• Level   2

TBH i think deathclaws got weaker (or the guns got stronger), Ghouls on the other hand... they got a huge buff.

• Level   2

^

I agree with this.

• Level   7

The feral ghoul reaver was an absolute nightmare in Fallout 3, and they are much weaker in NV. The standard deathclaw in Fallout is level 12, in NV they are level 20 and plus have a DT of 15. Another thing is that their melee in NV does 125 damage, while in 3 it does 100 (not to mention their stronger variations, such as the alpha male). Nothing that an AMR + explosive rounds can't solve though.

• Level   5

Like I said, they are worse in NV, and there is always a lot more of them to fight at once. Like 15 or more at a time. In 3 I usualy only fought 2-3 at a time. I do like the little baby one though. They're cute.

Putting noobs in their place here since '07

• Level   2

but NV has better weapons (which is most likely why deathclaws seem easier) so it's kinda pointless making level and HP comparisons (not to mention you can 1 hit every deathclaw varient with at least one weapon)

• Level   7

xPRG 4thelulzz

but NV has better weapons (which is most likely why deathclaws seem easier) so it's kinda pointless making level and HP comparisons (not to mention you can 1 hit every deathclaw varient with at least one weapon)

Doesn't change the fact the fact that they /are/ stronger than in Fallout 3.

• Level   2

The fact that they are strong is there like you say, it's just invalid if the weapons have had buffs or if new, stronger weapons have been added.

• Level   2

"Doesn't change the fact the fact that they /are/ stronger than in Fallout 3".

Strength is relative and they really aren't as troublesome in New Vegas. Healthier? Sure, technically. More physically damaging? Sure, whatever.

Doesn't mean *** when they're put up against the many more, more effective ways to kill them in NV.

• Level   7

I mostly use melee (even against deathclaws), so I'm assuming that the difference is more noticeable with guns, right?