DLC and how to start it?

• Level   2

Ok I just downloaded the first of the DLC and went to play it and I am probably being a bit thick but Im not sure how to start it of, do I need to go to a certain part of the map or what and also I was under the impression that with each DLC bought it would allow me to level up 5 more levels with each one and this isnt happening either. Thanks in advance for any replies.

• Level   2

If nothing has come up and you can't level past your previous limit, then I'd restart your console, making sure you're all properly connected to Live and whatnot.

If you're connected and the DLC is downloaded in its entirety, you'll see the game load additional content before the main menu opens.

If you see that, then you'll get a quest giving you a marker as to where to start it (Abandoned Brotherhood Bunker in the extreme east of the map. If this is locked by a key, the DLC isn't ready for use), and a notice telling you that "Dead Money has been loaded. Your level cap has been raised by 5" shortly after you load into the game.

If you aren't seeing any of that, then you need to redownload it/get it on your account/make sure it's loading up properly.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   2

I had this problem when I downloaded OWB. Try loading an earlier save and it should pop up

@x24hrs2livex

#LouiesBrownBear

• Level   2

thanks guys, i re downloaded it and went back to my previous save point and it seems to have worked

• Level   2

Glad to hear it : )

• Level   7

Don't feel too bad. You got it back. I just had one that said, Not all of your downloadable content loaded. Your Downloadable content is corrupt or missing. Not all of your content will be available. Do you wish to continue. YES or NO were the options. I chose yes at an earlier save and LUCKILY I'm back with only about 20 mins missing. This game is very trying on my patience sometimes. Why am I still playing it? It must have subliminal messages in it. If your not getting in the habit of saving often, I feel for you. Keep the faith! In a couple more days we will have the ending.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   7

Choosing 'Yes' to that question is clearly going to delete your content so you can continue playing...

• Level   9

I think i'm going to start either Honest Hearts or Dead Money tonight.  My biggest beef so far with this game is it takes me (sometimes) 20 minutes just to load up the game.  It sits on the loading screen forever, I have to dashboard out and retry.  Clearing the cache never seems to fix the issue either.  The way i've gotten around it, is to load a really old save, and then when that game loads up, I hit 'start' 'load' and then load up my newest save.  Pain in the butt.

• Level   9

I've never seen that.

Do you have it installed? Also, do you have 432,893,483,984,398 saves on the Harddrive? I can't think of anything else that would cause that, and I've never seen it myself.

Odd.

• Level   9

I have it installed, and lol... I only have about 40-50 saves.

• Level   7

ChainSmokingBob

Choosing 'Yes' to that question is clearly going to delete your content so you can continue playing...

Not to be a pickle here but the first "Yes" only locked up the game and gave me an infinite load screen. I had to go in and delete the last save. Then when it came back up with the same junk I then said "Yes" again and it did the same thing. Infinite load screen. I deleted the auto save and went back to the previous save before that and it cleared everything up. I'm firmly believing that this game is actually saving bad content and when ever I get far enough back in the game, it clears it up.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   7

eggnogga why do you have so many saves just want to know? i only have 2 for my profile because i only play one file, i dont see how people play more than 1 profile on and off.

"Burn away the flags. Begin again." -Ulysses

• Level   7

Mags ts

eggnogga why do you have so many saves just want to know? i only have 2 for my profile because i only play one file, i dont see how people play more than 1 profile on and off.

It is a very good idea to have multiple saves for this game. Just incase your game crashes and the data becomes corrupt you have back-ups. I was running about 10 saves so I could start at different points to do the multiple endings

@x24hrs2livex

#LouiesBrownBear

• Level   7

"It is a very good idea to have multiple saves for this game".

Of course it is, but his point was valid. He runs two at once, I run three at once, and I think to have 50 stored up is definitely not necessary.

"Not to be a pickle here but the first "Yes" only locked up the game and gave me an infinite load screen. I had to go in and delete the last save. Then when it came back up with the same junk I then said "Yes" again and it did the same thing. Infinite load screen. I deleted the auto save and went back to the previous save before that and it cleared everything up. I'm firmly believing that this game is actually saving bad content and when ever I get far enough back in the game, it clears it up".

Lets go back to what you said: "Your Downloadable content is corrupt or missing. Not all of your content will be available. Do you wish to continue. YES or NO were the options".

Choosing YES will remove any DLC content that is not currently loaded. If you have the Automatic Rifle from Dead Money, choosing YES will delete it and any other DLC objects not currently loaded so you can continue.

If the game can't delete those properly, it would almost certainly cause problems. Next time, try choosing NO, and restarting your console/connecting to Live/whatever you have to do to get the content loaded.

• Level   9

I suppose I could delete some of them, but just don't care at this point.  I've kept a few of my saves for the specific reason of not having to replay the entire beginning of the game just to finish off the Caeser & NCR end-game paths.... those are the only 2 I have left to do.