fallout 4

• Level  

What are the chances of fallout 4 this gen, using the new skyrim engine, or do you think bethesda will concentrate on new ip's.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

• Level   2

You thought about that when you saw Skyrim as well? Everyone was like ooooohhhh assshhhhh and I'm thinking oh snap I want to see a Fallout run on this lol. Not that I'm not hyped for Skyrim mind you, I love the Norse look of the game.

• Level   2

yeah, after picking my jaw back up from the skyrim footage, that was pretty much my first thought

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

• Level   6

I think Bethesda's next game will be FO4 cause they know the demand for the game and they seem to be more interested in acquiring new IPs by publishing them rather than developing. And yes, I also imagined what FO4 would be with the Creation Engine the first time I saw a Skyrim demo. It'll be too good.

• Level   7

its not fallout 4 fnv is still bethesdas title

"Burn away the flags. Begin again." -Ulysses

• Level   4

New Vegas is a spin off, actually in some cases what Fallout 3 was supposed to be if Black Isle (or Interplay, I get the mixed up) didn't go bankrupt. It takes a lot of elements from the original 2 Fallouts and Van Buren.

• Level   1

Everyone there is a video for Fallout 4 SanFrancisco and I cant figure out if it is legit please help me find out

• Level   4

If it is the same video that has surfaced in here a couple of times, and it probably is, then it is no legit.

• Level   5

@OS329 There was a video on this forum a couple weeks back but it was a YouTube video from January (probably the one you're referring to). It has to be a fake they wouldn't release a video in January and then not mention anything about the game over the next 7 months.

• Level   5

FNV =/= F4.

New Vegas is great, I like it a lot, but it's no Fallout 4. Go back to Fallout 3 and watch as the graphics are light-years better than NV.

When F4 comes out, I'll be interested to see how it goes, because it should be awesome.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   7

the graphics are the same the lighting is just diffrent because ur ina diffrent area. new vegas is desert and fallout 3 is city more radiation. if u llok at the skies in new vegas u can see green streakes and patches from the radiation. fallout new vegas is bethesdas title they had said that, obsidian just made it. it wont be called fallout 4.

• Level   4

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you agreeing or disagreeing? Use proper grammar; this is a forum, not a chatroom.

• Level   7

what do u mean? im not ageeing or disagreeing, u dont have to be a @@@ about it.

• Level   7

A couple things..

The next Fallout Game will be Fallout 4. Fallout New Vegas is not Fallout 4, it's a spin off.. of sorts that takes place along side Fallout 3 on the other side of the country. Bethesda is making another Fallout game, the exact title isn't known, but the next game will be the successor to Fallout 3.

The next Fallout game is speculated to be released late 2012 to early 2013. Bethesda takes a long time to develop games.. quality takes time.

It is rumored, but not confirmed that Fallout 4 will indeed use the engine from Skyrim. The Fallout games use the Gamebryo Engine which has been retired and is no longer used. The Engine used by Skyrim (Creation) will be their engine moving forward. There is no reason to think it won't be used for Fallout 4.

Fallout 4 will not be an Obsidian Game (Thank god) it will be Bethesda Studios/Bethesda Softworks.

Bethesda purchased the Fallout series from Interplay so that they could make Fallout games beyond Fallout 4. When a series makes as much money as Fallout has made, developers continue to make them. As long as there is demand, there will be more games coming.

For more information, or to verify information check out here and here.

• Level   4

I want Obsidian to develop the next Fallout. They had a lot of great things like the rep system, challenges, a better place to explore, more side quests and New Vegas is much less linear than 3. On top of that, some of the guys who developed the older Fallouts work there so they have the right idea on how to make really *feel* like a Fallout. I think people exaggerated the bugs on the game, they complain so much about it but they don't do anything. When I encountered some bugs/glitches that I couldn't figure out so I either looked it up or contacted support.