The next bethesda fallout game.

• Level   7

A while ago there was news that obsidian was going to make another fallout game that was going to have ceasers legion play a really big part in it, and take place in arizona. but it was cancelled do to bethesda owning all of the rights to the fallout series. bethesda has said when fallout 3 was released that they are going to make more fallout games.now do to skyrim in almost done people are starting to talk. bethesda said that they are going to make another fallout game, the only news is that it takes place after fallout 3 and new vegas. and is due to release in late 2012 or sometime in 2013.but will release the first look probaly at 2012 E3. i think the game will take place in new york city, chicago, or southern states like texas or arizona. its going to be great. no development was annouced yet but questions were awnserd.

"Burn away the flags. Begin again." -Ulysses

• Level   3

If this is all true then **** YEAH!!

• Level   6

Indeed.

• Level   8

glad you made this thread. tried making one a little bit ago but since the forums suck huge sweaty dirty monkey balls, i lost it and my huge wishlist. hope this will make it through.

• dual wielding pistols and other one-handed weapons
    • set maybe 50 years or so after new vegas
    • somewhere on the east coast, probably new york
    • more cities, an east coast equivalent of vault city
    • more green, less apocalyptic landscapes. it's been long enough, i think the world can start moving on now
    • the ability to be a ghoul or maybe even super mutant
    • smart and dumb super mutants
    • lyons' brotherhood is the east coast ncr, fighting or in conflict with the commonwealth
    • able to visit the citadel and the institute.
    • ammo types like new vegas, damage like fo3
    i have more but wont risk it
    • Level   5

BootstrapGolem

glad you made this thread. tried making one a little bit ago but since the forums suck huge sweaty dirty monkey balls, i lost it and my huge wishlist. hope this will make it through.

• dual wielding pistols and other one-handed weapons Lame, this isn't COD.
    • set maybe 50 years or so after new vegas Don't get why'd they do that.
    • somewhere on the east coast, probably new york I liked the east coast setting, but would prefer to see somewhere more central.
    • more cities, an east coast equivalent of vault city No.
    • more green, less apocalyptic landscapes. it's been long enough, i think the world can start moving on now Definetly no. Fallout a post apocalyptic rpg it wouldn't feel right with apple trees and pretty flowers.
    • the ability to be a ghoul or maybe even super mutant That would be kinda cool.
    • smart and dumb super mutants There already is.
    • lyons' brotherhood is the east coast ncr, fighting or in conflict with the commonwealth As much as I loved Lyons B'hood I don't think they should apear in another game. Over-used.
    • able to visit the citadel and the institute. Institute would be cool, not the Citadel
    • ammo types like new vegas, damage like fo3 Wouldn't happen on the east coast.

I would like this game to be set just after the bombs fell, your only goal is to just survive. Much like the story of The Survivalist in Honest Hearts DLC. You wander the wastes evading radiation, trying to find refuge or enter a Vault. You see the world change around you as things mutate.

Or maybe 2-3 years after the bombs fell, your one of the first humans to emerge from saftey into the new world, choose to band together with other survivors and create a civilisation or go it alone and learn the ways of the wasteland by yourself.

• Level   5

What I'd like to see (provided Interplay doesn't do the MMO). 

• Co-Op type play in the manner that the second Demon Souls game is doing. 
    • Set closer to the time after the bombs fell, for D&D day I was planning a one shot which was set in between Fallout 1 & 2, the further the time goes the less it'll be the wasteland after the bombs fell. 
    • New York & specifically New York City as the preferred setting, but I'd also be interested in the surrounding areas (NJ, PA, the Appalacan mountains since to me that area is natures own fallout shelter).
    • Different weather conditions (snow, sleet, rain).  Given the Fallout Earth acid rain would take a different meaning. 
    • More factions & more choices & consquences. 
    • More customization options for your home & companions.  For the companions maybe a skill tree type system like in Mass Effect 2. 
    • Making things; as much as I liked this in FNV, the powers that be didn't go far enough. I'd have adored being able to make & sell armor. Hopefully the next one will correct this oversight. Having written this, common~sense should  prevail; I could see needing a schematic for something complex like Power Armor or the Tesla Cannon, but not for more mundane things like body armor or slug  throwers. Possibly a perk to reverse engineer/study more complex items in order to ultimately make them.
    • Bring back the Bobbleheads. I liked those in Fallout 3 (F3); they were worth searching for as they actually gave you things (either improved STATS or skills).
    • More of the dark humor that were trademarks of the first 2 Fallout games. 

Beware the siren song of utopian dreamers. 

~P. Robertson

• Level   8

ProjectBehemoth

BootstrapGolem

• dual wielding pistols and other one-handed weapons 
    1. Lame, this isn't COD. 
    • set maybe 50 years or so after new vegas 
    1. Don't get why'd they do that. probably for this new thing called progressing the story, every fallout before new vegas has been roughly a decade after the last. fallout 2 was 80 years after fo1.
    • somewhere on the east coast, probably new york 
    1. I liked the east coast setting, but would prefer to see somewhere more central. what's more central than new york? it's a perfect setting for a conflict between the commonwealth and lyons' brotherhood, if those were the two main factions
    • more cities, an east coast equivalent of vault city
    1. No. no to which thought? 
    • more green, less apocalyptic landscapes. it's been long enough, i think the world can start moving on now 
    1. Definetly no. Fallout a post apocalyptic rpg it wouldn't feel right with apple trees and pretty flowers. it doesn't have to be oblivion, i just don't want to look at rocks and grey sky for another game. blue skies and some kind of foliage, either grass or trees that aren't so ugly. 
    • the ability to be a ghoul or maybe even super mutant 
    1. That would be kinda cool.
    • smart and dumb super mutants 
    1. There already is. i mean a combo of east coast and west coast mutants, possibly fighting each other
    • lyons' brotherhood is the east coast ncr, fighting or in conflict with the commonwealth 
    1. As much as I loved Lyons B'hood I don't think they should apear in another game. Over-used. how can a faction used in one game be overused? lyons' brotherhood is a whole different group than the west coast BoS. they're actually the good guys and helping to fix the wasteland. 
    • able to visit the citadel and the institute. 
    1. Institute would be cool, not the Citadel why no citadel? i think it would be interesting to see how the citadel has grown in however many years they set 4 from 3. and it's kind of like the personification of the faction you support. it's like going to caesar's fortress and the hoover damn/camp mcarran 
    • ammo types like new vegas, damage like fo3 
    1. Wouldn't happen on the east coast. why not? is the east coast too stupid to make different ammo?

I would like this game to be set just after the bombs fell, your only goal is to just survive. Much like the story of The Survivalist in Honest Hearts DLC. You wander the wastes evading radiation, trying to find refuge or enter a Vault. You see the world change around you as things mutate.

Or maybe 2-3 years after the bombs fell, your one of the first humans to emerge from saftey into the new world, choose to band together with other survivors and create a civilisation or go it alone and learn the ways of the wasteland by yourself.

so basically you want metro 2033 or stalker?

• Level   8

how about some kind of vehicle or transportation system? nothing like borderlands or rage, but i'd like to see some working motorcycles or rocket cars or nuclear Cadillacs around the world. and to make that really work and viable, how about a map twice the size of the capital or vegas wastelands. it would be awesome to run over super mutants and whatnot, drive a super powered nuclear bus into a behemoth and blow it up. how awesome would that be!

• Level   5

No because there both FPS's.

Most vehicles would of been fryed by EMP's though. So driving a nuclear powered bus into a Behemoth is not rage or borderlands like? That sounds alot more subtle than the stuff you can do in those games. I think if they do include a vehicle it should be just one, maybe a bike or bring back the highwayman from FO2, but keep it subtle and requiring alot of work/ supplies to fix it up and keep it running.

• Level   7

they said its going to take place some time after new vegas but not long.

"Burn away the flags. Begin again." -Ulysses

• Level   5

fallout new vegas was my first fallout game to play and i have became addicted to it. I think they should make another fallout but it should still continue the journey of the courier you play as and your courier should look the same in the next game. My opinion.

• Level   1

damn if its gonna take that long should i jus check out fo3, i hav fo nv didnt beat it yet or get the last couple of dlc... o and is the gun runners dlc worth it

[url="http://raptr.com/ManInBox?src=em_ach"][img]

• Level   2

I haven't touched the Gun Runners DLC, but after the unimpressive Dead Money, the pretty lame Honest Hearts, the actually somewhat entertaining Old World Blues, and then the absolute waste of money for Lonesome Road, plus the fact that Gun Runners doesn't add any real new quests or storylines and the challenges are somewhat difficult to complete (from what I've read of them) if you're like many people by now who've got characters near maxed out levels with little left to do in the game (unless you want to painstakingly start a whole new campaign again), then I'd say the new DLC isn't all too worth it.  Personally, I think I'm passing on it.  I'm tired of repeatedly playing poor DLC that didn't even come out on time to keep 100%'ing the game.  I think Lonesome Road pretty much killed my interest in a game that prior to the DLCs I was completely addicted to.