Old character after almost 4 years of not playing FFXI?

• Level   2

Is there a chance, I'll have to start over? It's been nearly 4 years since I last played it. I ordered new ffxi ultimate collection with seekers. 

• Level   7

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm trying to find a way to recover my old PlayOnline account. I've forgot the ID and password. Failing that, I'd also like to know if it's possible to unlink my previous PlayOnline account from my current Gamertag, as I can't even start over unless I make a new Gamertag.

• Level   2

Others suggested that other way is to call the support to see if there's a way with old credit card info linked to that playonline account. I'm just waiting for mine to arrive then I'll call to find out. I really don't want to make new gt.

• Level   9

If your account hasn't been active for longer than two years, chances of reviving that character are slim. You can try the "Return to Vana'diel" feature, but back then unactive accounts were kept on the server for three months then they were deleted. Only last year, SE removed that, so unactive accounts could be reactivated at any time.

You can't unlink your POL Account from the Gamertag it was registered with from what I was told by SE support last year (as I wanted to do the same), as any achievements you've earned and locked to the aforementioned account. Also, payment option wise, you'll need to create a Square Enix account and set payment up through Square's online site, instead of via PlayOnline as SE closed all services that offered about 16 months ago when they set up their new system. You can still pay via a Credit/Debit card, but also by a third party online service called "ClickandBuy" (which was rated by the US "Better Business Bureau" with a 'F' rating...).

My cousin lost his POL account information and tried to get them back by contacting SE Support, but was told that unless he had the registration codes (in the back of the manual) for the content allocating to the account - FFXI, Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urghan and Wings of the Goddess - then even with his Debit card details, which proved he payed SE a monthly fee, it didn't specify what it was for exactly or somesuch.

RIP Raychel, 29/06/2012. Beloved sister and friend (Forum poster: Ghost Rider 2099). Your light was extinguished far too early... Rest now, for one day we shall meet again.

• Level   7

Sounds like a pain! I've had to start a character on my girlfriends Gamertag. Doesn't really make an difference.

• Level   2

I renewed 2 accounts a month ago. They have been inactive for 5 years. I was blown away by the amount of help I got by SE  support. Your experience may differ.

• Level   9

SE support never helped me at all last year when I had problems with solving the problem. So far, my account has been inactive since May last year and I haven't looked back. The game's community has gotten far worse to the point of people being oztracised from Linkshells they've been members of for years, by newer members taking over. If you aren't doing voidwatch or abyssea content, then the odds of getting a XP party outside of Abyssea are next to nil.

RMT groups are more abundant now, as they are offering XP parties (5 Hours for 500,000 gil, 10 Hours for a Million gil etc) as well as still sending /tell to people offering Gil for real money. The game is dying steadily and even with the new expansion, you can only get XP parties to 30, then the only other parties are in Abyssea leech parties. XP parties above lv. 30 do not exist at all... though your linkshell MAY run the odd Grounds of Valor XP party, the majority of all XP parties are leech parties.

I spent 6 years in Vana'diel, and now my character there is dead due to unhelpful community, needing parties to get things done etc. I'll resurrect her in Eorzea in Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn and forget her past in Vana'diel.

RIP Raychel, 29/06/2012. Beloved sister and friend (Forum poster: Ghost Rider 2099). Your light was extinguished far too early... Rest now, for one day we shall meet again.

• Level   2

I'm Doing ok on Valefor. Gusgen to 35, CN to 65, B. Obluitte to 75, then abby. Plenty of exp parties. At least for now until people stop leveling the new jobs.

• Level   9

... I disagree... Valkurm Dunes from 10-20, Quifim Island from 20-25, Lower Yuhtunga Jungle 25-30, 30-40 in Garlaige Citadel,  Crawler's Nest to 45, Quicksand Caves to 50, Wajaom Woodlands/Bhaflau Thickets from 50-62ish... Mount Zhayolm til 75... then Abyssea. That's how XP parties were done when I was playing.

... and when people stop leveling the new jobs, XP parties will dry up so only RMT parties will remain.

• Level   5

Thats a lie come to Asura there are people leveling jobs 24/7 new and old!

Soulwatcher
    • Level   9

It wasn't a lie BEFORE Seekers came out... and the way that's been marketed, it's a nightmare to get a copy of it if you're not in the US.