Smartglass trouble

• Level   2

When I start up Forza and Smartglass on my pc, the smartglass screen becomes a fullscreen of Forza Horizon and says "start driving to activate gps" but does not activate when I start driving. I played for 5 minutes and it still didn't activate. Is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

• Level   5

I cannot help you because I can't even figure out how to get the Forza Horizon Smartglass thing to start.  I have a Windows Phone 7 but I think most of these features are only available for Windows Phone 8.

• Level   3

You did better than me, I own a Windows Phone 7, all I see on phone is "Smartglass is unavailable" in Forza Horizon.

I am finding no posts on how to fix it. Driving me insane...

Again, Halo Waypoint was said to use it, again, nope...

This needs some "How to" or  post by Team saying why it's not working.

For such a big noise at E3, it's become a whimper real fast...

NOCTORNUS

• Level   3

Any readers got it working? If so...Heeeeelllppp...

NOCTORNUS

• Level   4

It works great for me in Windows 8. On my screen I can see the map and can set routes, etc. on the fly. In fact, at least in my case, it works maybe a little too well. My kids decided it would be fun to play with it while I played on the console. After my son switched my route a few times (maybe more than a few) my daughter somehow got to the controller screen and took over driving. Next thing I knew my car did a major barrel roll through a corn field.

• Level   1

I have also an wp7 phone. And smartglass is also not working. Maybe the function isnt available yet..

Does anyone know how the kinect features work? Like for example, what are a few voice commands, do you have to complete a part of the game first? Also, could it be that it isnt compatible with my region, I live in Belgium and the whole game is in dutch. But on the box it says 'beter met kinect' wich is dutch for 'Better with kinect'

Breaking my head on it.. :-)

• Level   3

Kinect is on game, say GPS and a list of destinations appear, like "next race"

NOCTORNUS

• Level   3

I'm not 100% sure, but I think maybe you have to wait for the Sg DLC for FH.  A few days before the Dash update came out, a FH DLC popped up on the xbox.com markerplace entitled "Forza Horizon Smartglass Experience". The description mentioned using mobile or tablet for GPS map.

I can't get the map working either, but someone else with that DLC and the same phone as me got it working apparently. My phone is Galaxy S2, Android.

• Level   1

I got smartglass working on my galaxy s3 but no map while im playing the game.  It works for controlling the dash and everything, just no in-game interaction.  

So how do I find this DLC ?  I did a search in the market and found nothing under forza horizon or smartglass as far as DLC goes.

• Level   3

Works fine on my orange San Diego. Android 4.0.4 ICS , I'm using phone now to make thus psst

• Level   1

Has anyone confirmed how to find the Smartglass experience update on the market? I really would like to try this feature out on my Lumia 900

• Level   5

on my htc mozart it says smartglass unavalible. all i can do with it is see a descrition of FH. seems a waste to me at the moment.

Why bring a product out that dosnt work properly. (yes i understand microsoft do it all the time lol)

• Level   8

The SmartGlass feature of Forza Horizon is only available on the Windows 8 app.

• Level   5

I have a windows phone 8 and i get the same as you guys, smartglass unavailable when using it with forza horizon. And yet the ios smartglass update that came out today works fine. Map shows up, gps locked, and you can set waypoints.

Xbox LIVE Beta Tester 2002
    11 years on Xbox LIVE, serving more T-Bags than PG Tips. Old school gamer
    • Level   1

Hey Guys, and luck on this one?  I have WP8 and I can only set beacons or look at achievements and the like...No GPS Map at all.