How much Hard Drive Space will GTA 5 take exactly?

• Level   9

How much Hard Drive Space will GTA 5 take exactly? Because I downloaded Max Payne 3 yesterday on my Xbox and it takes 8GB of space which is a lot and it's a Rockstar game,So I was wondering with how big of world GTA 5 will be how much Hard Drive Space will the game take exactly? 

watch?v=b7ep5fT2lKk

Feel free to add me if you wanna play some Halo,Dead or Alive 5,GTA. Message me first.

• Level   8

i think the install disc is going to be around 8 gigs, then standard game installs are around 6-9 gigs? i'd say to be safe and to install everything you'll probably want to clear out about 17-18 gigs. it's gonna be a huge game, basically the swan song of this generation.

• Level   9

18GB what???????? GTA 4 is like 3GB on my Xbox.

Feel free to add me if you wanna play some Halo,Dead or Alive 5,GTA. Message me first.

• Level   4

The download versions are smaller because they are compressed files.  

The disc version will easily be 15GB+, if you plan on installing the 2nd disc along with the mandatory 8GB file.

• Level   9

Do I have to install the 2nd disc? Like what does the 2nd disc do exactly?

• Level   8

no you don't. installing gives you faster loading times and whatnot and doesn't make the disc spin, giving the system a longer life and avoid potentially scratching the disc. the second disc is the actual game itself, after you install the first disc you never have to use it again.

• Level   9

The whole game is close to 16GB of memory. There is a mandatory install that will be 8GB of memory, so you will need 8GB of memory, unless you want to install the game to hard drive, then you will need 16GB of memory.

• Level   3

Uhhh.... I'm deleting everything off of my hard drive since none of it is every going to see the light of day again.

But, if you are concerned, there are a few game patches you can delete, such as the first couple HUGE Gig+ patches for BF3.

You could also consider deleting older games from your hard drive, also freeing up space. (but you'll still have the disks to play old games from) etc.

"You call it motion-controlled gaming, I call it putting a corporate-controlled monitoring device in your living room."— One of Kinzie's many sayings

TURNIPS ARE PEOPLE TOO!

• Level   9

wow I gotta delete all of my Xbox Games almost just for 1 game.

• Level   8

you could get a flash drive or two. i had to delete several games and a ton of dlc myself before i bought a couple 32 gig flash drives, $20 each.

• Level   9

What's a flash drive? Like a memory card? or a Hard Drive?

• Level   8

a memory stick

• Level   4

@ BooststrapGolem I thought you could only use 8 GB and 16 GB Flash Drives on the 360. Did they change that in one of the new Updates?

Looking for a Founder Crew for GTA V? Check out my clan thread http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/433/t/1575658.aspx

• Level   5

It depends on what USB you get my brother uses a 32GB

kazoku yori shi

• Level   9

I'll pick one up before the 17th thanks.