GTA 5 Online Discussion

• Level   9

watch?v=f4o1aS6IW3c&feature=c4 overview vl&list=PLF12pDRgJ2Pbfd8gls5CMActlFRivYxH

Feel free to add me if you wanna play some Halo,Dead or Alive 5,GTA. Message me first.

• Level   9

^^^^^ I was wondering how will the trade system work for GTA 5.Can we give our team members guns,cars,cash,planes,bikes,and the money we will make online doing jobs, do we get to keep that money in SP or no?I was also wondering if we build a track for racing online and people are winning on the track you made online will we get a percentage off of there winnings since they are using are track? I know the MP is still 16 players in my opinion they should have made it 32 players at least since the map is so big right now.Will we be able to trade anything in GTA 5 like properties for example.Will we be able to rob stores online with friends or no?I also wanna know what is the thing you like the most about what saw for GTA 5 Online?

Feel free to add me if you wanna play some Halo,Dead or Alive 5,GTA. Message me first.

• Level   8

as far as i've seen, and standard multiplayer mechanics...we can give friends money, weapons, vehicles when we die or they steal our cars.

money is connected to each character, like franklin can have 50, trevor can have 1500, and micheal can be a multi-millionaire, and your multiplayer character is completely broke because you didn't realize you had to save your cash in an atm.

no, i highly doubt you get anything because people are playing your track.

yeah, i really wish the player cap was bigger, especially considering rockstar's desire to make a huge mmo type online environment.

i don't think you can trade properties or anything like that, though you can bring your friends into your apartment to hangout.

yeah, you can rob stores with your friends. robing actually sounds really awesome, yelling at the people to hurry up, the guy with the money divies up the cash. that's probably my favorite bit of news on gtao. 

• Level   9

It would have been cool if we got percentage off of there winnings on the track we made for online.I wonder which stores we could rob?Like places like 7/11 which is called 24/7 in GTA like will we be able robbing a publics or something random like that or is it stuff like banks?I wonder how much cash we will get from the stores were going to rob because in GTA Vice City we didnt get much cash from robbing a store.I am also wondering will we be able to make a stores pay protection money to us or not?

watch?v=QSCZ0gXP I

• Level   5

*Spoilers*

R* said if you build things that people play on a lot, they will look at your creations and possible publish them in the official playlists. However at this time, they didn't say you'd get a cut for making stuff people used, however it could be a great incentive to get people to create new and interesting games, tracks, and content.

I doubt you can make them pay protection money, but no official word on this yet, and with the ability to buy property, you may be able to make money of owning stores. I look to the stock market more for this, as you could buy a car dealership, after you stole/burned/blew up all the cars, to buy cheap stock, then protect it and sell high, however not 100% sure how the stocks will work yet so this could be an option.

Robbing stores if the leaked Achievements are real, it lists 20 stores are available to be robbed. Now that branches into two paths in my head. 20 Stores including all the 24/7s or One of each named store. Meaning if I robbed two different 24/7s would that be one, or two. We'll have to wait to see on that.

Splitting the money goes to whoever grabbed it, making me wonder if I can just walk up to a random, and 1 Shake them down for what they got on them, or 2 Be a nice guy and just hand them a few thousand bucks. Because if you can just hand out money to players it would open a huge door up for Creating a Role-play company.

I believe once you own a Property as BootstrapGolem said, its only yours.

With Cars, and Weapons however, I believe you can share these. Cars, you just don't lock and tell your buddies they can drive around with it. Weapons are a bit different from what I've read. You let your crew borrow them, now I dunno if that means like Red Dead Redemption they get it till they go offline, or you can set how long they can hold it, before you take them back, but its been confirmed you can share weapons.

Money is different for each of your characters, they do not share a single money pool.

Player cap is 16 again... while thats rather low, most games are 16 only a handful of games have a bigger limit, so I'm not to worried about that, and with nextgen creeping up soon, I'll expect to see a bigger limit in most if not all games, but we will have to wait to see what the future holds.

kazoku yori shi

• Level   8

Cash was pretty useless in GTA 4 due to cheat codes.

Old man Jack gonna tell you a story gonna tell you a story right now...Olllll man Jack gonna tell you a story 'bout the time they put down the cow...
    • Level   8

and cheat codes were pretty useless because of achievements.

• Level   8

Not if you used them prior to starting the mission.  I used to have to do mindless scavenging for armor before I found out about the cheat codes.

Old man Jack gonna tell you a story gonna tell you a story right now...Olllll man Jack gonna tell you a story 'bout the time they put down the cow...
    • Level   8

The achievement, "Finish Him," was the only achievement that could be blocked by cheat codes as far as I know.  Maybe they should just not make cheat codes so that there's actually a reason to earn money.  It's kind of hard to not use a cheat code once you've used it, unless you don't mind the scavenging. The only thing I really spent money on was cab fare and hospital bills.

• Level   3

AlmasRetroChild

The achievement, "Finish Him," was the only achievement that could be blocked by cheat codes as far as I know.  Maybe they should just not make cheat codes so that there's actually a reason to earn money.  It's kind of hard to not use a cheat code once you've used it, unless you don't mind the scavenging. The only thing I really spent money on was cab fare and hospital bills.

GTA wouldn't be GTA without cheats.  that's part of what made the games in the past so fun, just spawn a Rhino tank (I think that's what they were right?)  go a rampage, get six stars, die then do it all over again in some other part of the city.

Although I do agree having a cheat that's gives you money does make using it and earning it pointless but that is by no means any reason to get rid of cheats in a GTA game all together R* just needs to omit the cheats that give you money

30,000GS - 6/28/2013

35,000GS - 3/25/2014

40,000GS - TBD

• Level   8

I never knew of a cheat that gave you money.  But you could get an arsenal of advanced guns that cost money.  I never even went into gun shops because of that cheat.

• Level   9

Ya in GTA 4 cash was useless but in GTA Vice City and San Andreas it was very useful.

• Level   8

the only time i've ever really used cheat codes this generation was in uncharted 2 when the game lets you buy them after beating the game once. every other time the game locks out achievements and game saves as soon as you type it in...no, sorry i used a ton of cheats for saints row 2 on ps3 to get through the stupid respect gaining aspect of the game, since sr2 didn't have achievements.

• Level   9

I use to only use cheat codes for GTA 3 on PC back in the day just to spawn tanks in the middle of the street for me lol and the funny part was everything I would kill or destroy I would get cash for it :)

watch?v=NIwXuC6hOk4

• Level   9

I wonder how clans will work for GTA 5 Online? Like what kind of company's  we could create and run? Cause I would create like a chop shop kinda company steal cars take them apart and sell the parts or just steal and sell the car.Either way that sounds like fun to me.