oh my god seriously you guys.... SOMEONE POST TO RE-INSTALL AND RE-CACHE again, please do it. Its TOTALLY helping. Has no one else tried the TWO USB method? Are you afraid to try something that hasn't been regurgitated a million times. I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AS EVERYONE ELSE AND IT WAS FIXED BY INSTALLING INSTALL TO ONE USB AND PLAY DISC TO OTHER USB. AGAIN, I HAVE CONFIRMED THIS TO WORK WITH OTHER PEOPLE EXPERIENCING THIS RANDOM RESTART PROBLEM.
I will write this in list format so you don't get scared and skip over this entire post.
1. obtain TWO 16gb (at least) USB flash drives
2. customize them under your storage settings to work with your 360
3. install INSTALL disc to 1st USB as normal. This includes putting in the PLAY disc when prompted to.
4. let story mode load to confirm installation was complete. Quit and go back to the dashboard.
5. Install PLAY disc to 2nd USB
6. run game from my games (play disc is needed to launch game, but not needed after that, leaving it in the dvd player has not resulted in any problems).
why this works: USB 2.0 is faster than DVD drive. You will notice the game loads faster as does the pause menu. Some dvd drives do not read fast enough going from usb to dvd or hard drive to dvd. But USB to USB is faster, not to mention quieter. I realize they said NOT to install the play disc, but i have had absolutely ZERO issues by using the 2 usb method. Give it a try and enjoy the game.