Game keeps restarting with message: the game was restarted due to a problem with the storage device

• Level   4

Any one else having this issue? Ive tried everything.

NFL: Colts NBA: Pacers NCAA: Notre Dame, Purdue
    • Level   6

Apart from clearing the cache and NOT installing the play disc, not much else

You could try Rockstar twitter/support

• Level   4

been doing some searching. Seems like alot of people are having all sorts of problems. Ranging from my issue to game freezing. NOT SAYING EVERYONE IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM IF YOUR COPY IS FINE THEN THATS GREAT 

Looks like Rockstar sent some bad copies out.

• Level   4

and i didnt install the play disc. but thanks for trying to help.

• Level   2

I am having the same problem. This is horrible, I cant even get past the first mission. "The game was restarted due to a problem with the storage device"

• Level   2

find a way by it?

• Level   1

I am getting the same problem and is annoying as hell. I have cleared the cash and no joy. Just deleted a ton of stuff from the hdd and deleted the gta5 disk 1 so now i am re installing it hoping this will work. Will be pissed if i cant get it to work after spending £60

• Level   1

I have mine working now. I deleted about 50gb of old crap from the hdd and cleared the cache and now seems to be ok.

• Level   4

i kept trying all night. After reinstalling 4 times and clearing my cache 6 times. Ive been playing for about 2 hours with no problems. Funny thing is that it kept restarting when *****spoliers ahead**** we blew the second door (the cover tutorial) then it kept restarting when Micheal was talking to his therapist then right after Lamar ditches Franklin in the parking lot. 

Don't know exactly what solved my problem. but my guess would be to keep reinstalling the "Install disc" and keep emptying your cache until it works. Or until Rockstar releases and patch. :(

Good Luck everybody!!!

• Level   8

DO NOT install Disc 2. When it asks for it quit to the dashboard and then just play the game straight from the disc. Some bug they're aware of but it works fine if you just don't install disc 2

• Level   1

Samething happened to me.  I installed the install disc then inserted play disc when asked to.  Restarted on first mission then i beat it the second time, went into the franklin cut scene and as soon as the mission started it restarted again.  Deleted install from hdd cleared cache tried to install again and now it wont even do that.  It restarts while installing!

• Level   1

HELP SOMEONE

• Level   5

Barry The Gibb

DO NOT install Disc 2. When it asks for it quit to the dashboard and then just play the game straight from the disc. Some bug they're aware of but it works fine if you just don't install disc 2

This is the fix it seems.

ONCE THE INSTALL DISC IS COMPLETE IGNORE THE REQUEST TO INSERT DISC 2, DASHBOARD, THEN PUT DISC 2 IN AND PRESS PLAY..

I have a theoretical degree in physics.

• Level   1

Isn't that the same a installing disc 2

• Level   5

Negative. The bug happens during the prompted disc switch not the manual change. Yes is does still configure once you start disc 2 but stops the bug from happening.

I have a theoretical degree in physics.