GTA V Freezing

• Level   5
    Hi guys, I am getting ridiculously irritated my Xbox keeps freezing every 15 mins or so, no red lights come up and I can't dashboard. The only thing I can do is switch my console off then on again, I've tried a lot of things I've cleared out all the dust, checked the disc, moved my console to a well ventilated area, and cleared system cache, nothing's working. It was fine with all my other games its only since yesterday it's started doing it, anyone else had an issue with gta? And any more suggestions? I'm pulling my hair out I just want to play the game. Thanks.
    • Level   5

Have you tried deleting the install disc and re-installing? Sounds like you have tried everything else.

I have a theoretical degree in physics.

• Level   5

Good idea I didn't think of that, ill see if that works

• Level   1

I have the same issue as you. Cleared the cache and re-installed the game 3 times. Still freezes randomly.

What type of Xbox do you have? Mine is the original xbox without the HDMI port

• Level   5

Mine is the original Xbox too same as you I reinstalled it and its still freezing, this is so god damn annoying

• Level   5

I have the old xbox with HDMI though. Haven't had any issue. Good luck guys, the game is great. Bums me out seeing these posts.

• Level   5

There's no way ill buy a newer 360 when the one is so close to release so I basically can't play my brand new game that I've been looking forward to for ages, so pissed lol

• Level   5

Yeah, that's really ****y. For me this is the game I've been waiting for. I have no use for the One for years would be my guess. So if i was in your shoes I probably would buy another 360.

• Level   1

Yeah luckily I've made it past the intro mission but still can't get any further than around 5 mins from when you get into the red or white car. Just pisses me off cuz I just bought a brand new 120gb hard drive and not to mention all of my other games work absolutley fine. I really hope there is some sort of patch that comes out because I know others are having the freezing issue. Just dosen't make sense to release a game if it's not going to work on the original console. If it never gets updated I will buy a new 360 really my only choice.

• Level   5

I've looked on the gta forums it seems like an awful lot of people are experiencing problems, hopefully there is a patch soon

• Level   5

I can actually play I've gotten about 20% through the story but the freezing is getting worse and worse I've had to repeat missions up to 8-10 times before I've been lucky and it freezes after the save

• Level   2

Reinstalled the game at least 8 times and the weird thing is it will freeze in the same spot until I uninstall/reinstall, then it will freeze in a new spot. I can't right now but can anyone try installing the install disc from the 360 dashboard and bypass the in-game install? Maybe the in-game installer is the problem for some.

• Level   5

Mine never freezes in the same place it's like a ticking time bomb and you never know when it will freeze, how would you go about installing it another way?

• Level   5

I'd take your game back Jamie. See in an exchange will help could be a defective disc.

• Level   2

Never mind, doesn't offer the option to install through the dashboard. It's a shame so many people are having this problem and Rockstar refuses to acknowledge it's their problem.