GTA 5 installation missing and USB flash drive not configured for XBOX

• Level   1

Hi,

I have this issue for a few days now. I install GTA5 on 16GB USB flash drive(ADATA UV100/16GB) and I play the game without any problem as long as I want(no texture problems, no missing cars, no missing save data or whatever). After I turn off my console(4GB kinect bundle) on the next day when I decide to play, the USB flash drive is no longer configured for XBOX and the GTA5 installation is missing of course, so I need to install the game every time I turn on my console. I don't know if it is a problem with the flash drive or something else, but any help or advice will be good. Thanks in advance :)...

• Level   4

When you first used you're flash drive did you configure it for Xbox only? Also, did a meesgae come up saying this devies meets all xbox requirements?

If you answered no to either of the questions above. That could be you problem. I had the same troubles with an old flash drive i was using. Got a Sandisk B35 SDCZ33-016G-B35 16GB USB Flash Drive from Walmart and i works great.

www.walmart.com/.../19351667

Looking for a Founder Crew for GTA V? Check out my clan thread http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/433/t/1575658.aspx

• Level   1

Yes I properly configured the flash drive and did get the messages that the device meets the requirements. And the flash drive was just put out of the box.

• Level   3

I had the same issue with an old Rocketfish USB drive, and I also have the 4GB console. I got a Sandisk Cruzer Fit for GTA hoping it wouldn't have that problem and so far it's been fine. When I configured it, it said it didn't meet the requirements but that was likely the write speed, the average read speed for this drive is around 20Mb/s and that's the only part that's important. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I plug this new drive into the rear middle USB port, the old Rocketfish I used to plug into the front USB port.

• Level   1

For me the problems occurs with two of the rear USB ports and one doesn't detect the flash drive at all. So you assume that this is a flash drive problem?