The Possibilty of Jobs Being Implemented?

• Level   9

[QUOTE=AwesomeKing]Well to me this is a great idea but here's how I think of it: You do a "job" and it takes up 8 hours of your day plain and simple. It will ONLY be a the Cluckin Bell and Burger shot though. So there will be four jobs and you are randomy selected to do one of them, these jobs are: Cook,Dish Washer,Cashier,and Janitor (After hour night shift job). You will be paid $50-$75 depending on how well you do in the mini game for your "job". I say no this would probably only be for single player and not online play basiclly for the reason that while in public game it's almost definate you will be shot while doing your job. Yes, I think theres a POSSIBITY it will be in because it adds a little piece of realism to the game and this means that the player will always have a little cash.[/QUOTE]

To which I ask the GTA V community. What is your opinion on JOBS? Would you want them IMPLEMENTED? If NO, please explain why, and if YES, also please explain why. Lastly, provide your own example of a "job" and describe it such as payrate, what the job entails and how you think it would be useful/or rewarding to the player.

-----

I figured this would be a fun activity. You can also provide LEGIT or ILLICIT jobs.

• Level   5

Sweet! My post was so good somebody else starts a topic with it . Lol anyway nice topic starter *thumbs up*.

• Level   8

Like I said in the 'Achievement' thread, I would like to see a jobs feature in GTA V, as long as it is worthwhile and fun.

The idea of Legit and Illicit is interesting as well, Legend. Also like I said in the other thread, completion of each job should boost your skill in a certain area. For example, if you take a job as a cook, you earn the ability to make food at your safehouse which restores health. The better a job you manage to get in a field (thinking of a tier system here, you start at Cluckin' Bell and work you way up to a 5* restaurant) the better affect the food has on you. Similarly, if you take a job peddling MDMA or Dope, you earn the ability to produce your own, hiring people to sell it on your behalf, and buy property in which to make it.

'iAsh-HD' on PS4 & Vita

• Level   9

I wish I knew how to quote though; my method didn't work :sadface:. I know you already gave your opinion, iAsh, but I thought it deserved it's own topic. Thanks for replying again.

• Level   8

No problem, I think this is a strong enough point to warrant its own topic. If jobs are in GTA V, how do you both see them working then? How would you handle the side-quest that is paid work?

'iAsh-HD' on PS4 & Vita

• Level   5

This is the entire reason I only want it at the Cluckin Bell and Burger Shot so it dosen't create a WHOLE side story that dosent need to be there.

• Level   9

It's quite interesting indeed. We now have to focus on a theme featuring "The Almighty Dollar", a reference to money. So, we can conclude that money is the main theme and focus of the game, therefore, there should be tons of more ways for players to earn money. Leaving the "legit-job ideas" aside, let's discuss some "jobs" that would fit theme of the game and of the franchise: GTA. For starters, I think that we will most definitely see a return to the CW-style drug dealing. CW, if you did not know, is the abbreviation for Chinatown Wars, a GTA game for DS that takes place around the same time as IV, from the perspective of the Algonquin Triads, and was also made by R*.

• Level   5

Well if you put it that way you can be heistman where you rob banks regularly (Smaller banks = around $75,000 with Larger banks = about $200,000) or you could be a taxi driver as this was first implemented in IV. Theres the chance you could be a repair man for cars you customize the customers cars and for working there theres a discount on car repairs and customizations. I think the point your trying to get at is that there are a world of options for jobs in a GTA game.

• Level   9

Cool ideas. I really hope the "oldies" return, like Vigiliante, Paramedic, Taxi (you mentioned), Garbage Truck (LCS), Pizza/Delivery Boy, Cherry Poppers, and the list goes on...

• Level   8

I loved doing Iced-Cream runs using the 'Cherry Popper' in VC. I always wondered why after a few sales you always were given a one-star wanted level. Unless you weren't actually selling iced-cream...

'iAsh-HD' on PS4 & Vita

• Level   9

You actually weren't selling ice cream, lol. If you watch the cutscene after you purchase Cherry Poppers, you'd hear the old lady say, "The ice cream gig (or something like that) is a FRONT!" This means that she is selling something other than ice cream. No wonder the police are always trying to cut the lines ;)

-----

watch?v=8GcEnr2kDTg

• Level   9

Sorry for Double Post, this is a better cutscene (it has subtitles):

-----

[View:[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOPvYZXAl_Y]]

• Level   8

Haha, well that settles it! Never noticed that before, thanks.

'iAsh-HD' on PS4 & Vita

• Level   9

Np, iAsh; like the gamertag, I'm a Legend Of GTA ;)

• Level   5

I would prefer jobs over gta iv´s activities,got boring pretty soon