Can the 360 handle GTA 5 hardware performance wise?? Anyone concerned that it cant?

• Level   4

I am!

I mean, look at GTA IV shading and draw distance slowdown when driving fast, look at the horrible shading of shadows etc. Dont get me wrong its still a good game but if GTA IV doesnt run great, what is going to happen with GTA 5? I was personally hoping we wouldnt see GTA 5 till the next gen of consoles came along...

I played some LA Noire the other day and it runs like cr*p on the 360, it just cant handle it. 

• Level   6

I would imagine if 360 could handle Crysis 2, they could handle gta 5. Other than that I kind of also hope its on the next gen consoles

I ain't even mad

• Level   9

@Genki, clan recruitments and mentioning of "joining clans" is banned on the GTA IV, GTA V, and MP3 forums. REPORTED!

• Level   5

Actually, it's banned on all game forums.

• Level   8

The 360 will handle GTA V fine.

From the trailer, it doesn't look worlds different to GTA IV. Same engine (tweaked), same tech.

Expect the GTA which follows GTA V (no doubt on the Xbox '720') to be the next 'ground breaking' GTA. 

'iAsh-HD' on PS4 & Vita

• Level   5

The only thing I'm concerned about is having GTA V run on 2-3 discs.

• Level   8

ramir180

Battlefield 3, LA Noire, and I believe a few others already do. Add to that huge updates (looking at you BF3...) and that seems to suggest a problem with the 360 as hardware rather than a problem with disc space.

The 360 is at the end of its lifespan, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a multi-disc release. You're right, it is a bit concerning, and I've been led to believe that it's hella likely, too.

'iAsh-HD' on PS4 & Vita

• Level   3

The 360 will definitely be able to run GTA V fine. As usual, to play GTA V on the PC, you may need some upgrades :)

• Level   4

Yeah but when you have a PC that can run GTA IV well and put it next to a 360 running the game, there is no comparison. I just got TBOGT on 360 and notice it seems to run a lot better than GTA IV. The 360 is getting old now and the specs are pretty low if you look at what PC's can do these days [not trying to turn this into an argument but there's no point comparing PC's and consoles]

• Level   5

Of course it'll work fine. It's not like they're developing the PC version and then porting to the 360. Each platform will be developed independently and tailored to suit the hardware. From what I recall it's the console versions that tend to be released first and then, the PC version arrives 6+ months later. PC specs are always going to be much higher than any console.

The tougher the battle, the sweeter the victory!!
    • Level   5

ramir180

It will be on multiple disks for sure.  Or at least it better be to optimize performance.   If they try to stuff it all onto the same disk again then its not going to be much different than GTA4 in terms of draw distance, gameplay, and graphics.    Max Payne 3 was on 2 disks and thats the best looking game Rockstar has ever created.  A few long load  times even with it installed but still that campaign was very very good especially graphically. I do like how they covered the load times with action cinemaas.    So if they put GTA5 on 2 disks, its going to be very impressive. Multiple disks does not bother me.