wtf???? online xp limit reached??

• Level   8

TODDY BY NATURE

How is this fair?  I find this incredibly stupid to be honest with you.  I usually work 55 hours plus a week.  So When I play xbox I play for a LONG TIME  in a day.  So now I have to suffer to cater to everyone else??  Not to mention I can't even get an online game now and my rank is reset at 1.  This game is riddled with tons of issues.  I am not one of those people who loves to *** and moan on forums but this just keeps on getting worst and worst.

Your Rank isn't 1 it's just a server issue.

• Level   8

SkellingtonVII

What would make more sense is by putting people of similar levels together, not by limiting daily xp gain. So what if someone wants to get all juiced and hit 50 in a day, it should be their choice. For the people that aren't  that good (myself included) make a kiddy pool for us where people that are just getting the hang of it can go and learn. I suck and I hit the cap in 4 hours of off and on playing (capped me @24) of course I was all jacked up on mountain dew and doritos. It just shouldn't be that way though. I dont think that is a fair way to "balance" the game. It makes "pro" players have to pay so "not so pro" players can what? get gear? get packages? weapons? that's just silly. Like I said 343 should group people based on the stats that they have like KTD ratio....... and thats just naming one thing that gets tracked in your Halo 4 career. Again I'm a crappy player and I think the xp limit is silly. One more thing too, yes you can still play without getting xp and have fun BUT, some people want to get the specializations unlocked ASAP to check out the cool sounding new feature, I dont see anything wrong with that at all, especially if you spent $25 to get the season pass....... just my 2 pennies......

It has been explained numerous times that rushing to specializations wouldn't be fair to players if the game just came out. Not everyone has time to play Halo 4 and rush the ranks up asap. People will get annoyed of unfair advantages because of the specializations.

• Level   9

I have yet to read a thread complaining about people having overpowered specializations. More people are annoyed by the XP cap!!  Why even have specs at higher levels? Why not just let everyone use them at level 1?

SilvrgunSuprman @ Trueachievements.com

http://www.trueachievements.com/SilvrgunSuprman.htm

• Level   1

The “early access” to the specializations is as follows. You can only rank up in one at a time, like we HAVE to rank up through the Spartan4 “specialization” first. Where the other EIGHT specs come in is like this. If you ordered the regular version of the game, you will only have access to TWO of the specializations once you reach level 50 in S4. Until the rest are released for you, you can only touch those 2. if you pre-ordered the limited edition, you can rank up in any of the 8, in whichever order you choose.

As for the XP cap...do you want to play tomorrow and find out everyone is lvl 40+ and just wrecking you due to more gear? I sure don’t. However, I do agree that it was a very unpleasant surprise to find out post-game.

• Level   8

Relgiad

The “early access” to the specializations is as follows. You can only rank up in one at a time, like we HAVE to rank up through the Spartan4 “specialization” first. Where the other EIGHT specs come in is like this. If you ordered the regular version of the game, you will only have access to TWO of the specializations once you reach level 50 in S4. Until the rest are released for you, you can only touch those 2. if you pre-ordered the limited edition, you can rank up in any of the 8, in whichever order you choose.

As for the XP cap...do you want to play tomorrow and find out everyone is lvl 40+ and just wrecking you due to more gear? I sure don’t. However, I do agree that it was a very unpleasant surprise to find out post-game.

Actually it's anyone who plays Halo 4 on their gamertag before the November 20th.

• Level   1

Oh really? I never heard that update but that’s cool. Seems more fair that way.

• Level   1

Well said sir

• Level   1

It just caught me by surprise. I can sorta understand why they did it but, yes, it still sux to be inhibited. I had gotten a day off of work so I had nothing but time on my hands. The msg popped up for me and at first I was confused by it. Played another mp game (did fairly well) and realized wasn't awarded my xp. So I was like whatever and decided to start the campaign. Finished the first mission and had finished 3 challenges/ commendations but was awarded 0xp for each. That's when it got stupid. I would hate to be the guy who worked his butt off on a challenge, only to be cut off.

[hypothetical i.e. Killing Master: 4999/5000 kills. XP Award: 10,000. But you've just been told that xp gain is stunted for 24hrs and if you go ahead and kill one more Spartan, you get nada. No reimbursement. So in most cases people aren't going to want to play the game.]

How are you going to take away from what somebody has worked for? A mp match lasts about 10-15min and you get what you get based on performance. But to strip away what somebody has put mins., hours, and days into....... Kinda blows.

@SkellingtonVII - I like your idea for the better matchmaking system. It would do away with all of this.

• Level   1

Ok, a lot of people are probably going to hate me for posting this, but there's going to be a lot of people who appreciate it as well, so I'm going ahead and posting it anyway.

I know a loop hole around the cap. All you have to do is go to your DATE AND TIME settings on your dashboard and select the TIME ZONES section. Select a time zone of a country that is on a different day than your time zone. ex: if your time zone is Central America time, and its 3:00 pm, then select Hong Kong because it would be a day later. And since it thinks your on the next day, voila! Your able to start earning xp again! And lets say now you've caped out on your new time zone your on now, well no problem because all you have to do is set it back to a time zone that is the day that you was on before and you can start gaining xp yet again!

I have tried it and it works.

• Level   7

Wow just when you think you have seen all the whiny threads you thought possible here comes a train full of them.

Cyanide fair enough found a work around huh? people found them on Reach also and what happened? Yup that banhammer started swinging, don't go thinking this time is any different.

• Level   1

man u got it !! i think this is also one of the reasons they put it in, so ppl dont rot infront of their screen :)

• Level   7

This whole XP limit is incredibly dumb.  I stated before I work 50-60 hours a week and usually get two days off.  One of those days I like to ignore my fiancee and sit in front of the xbox.   I doubt I will even play enough to get to the max in a day but still I think this is a terrible idea.  It seems like gaming is always catering to the cry babies. It doesn't even make sense for 343i to limit the ability of their customers to use their product. If they're worried about people getting too far ahead of others and leading to disadvantages, matchmaking will take care of it.

Facebook.com/PassTheController

• Level   7

Also I forgot to mention that there are so many great games out right now.  Between AC3, BLOPS 2( say what you want but I have always enjoyed treyarch)and the wii u coming out in a week we have a lot of choices for gaming.  By limiting the amount of time I can play Halo MP because of xp will just help me play the other games I have purchased.  So to me this just seems like a very bad idea.

Facebook.com/PassTheController

• Level   8

Even if players of Halo 4 say it's a bad idea. In a wise way it's actually smart to do it. I've not got a exp limit cap yet so the question is how much time you spend on Halo 4?

• Level   9

Undeadfire Zero

Even if players of Halo 4 say it's a bad idea. In a wise way it's actually smart to do it. I've not got a exp limit cap yet so the question is how much time you spend on Halo 4?

That shouldn't matter. What if Xbox live gave you a limit on how long you can be online in a day?

SilvrgunSuprman @ Trueachievements.com

http://www.trueachievements.com/SilvrgunSuprman.htm