My spin on whats happened to Halo 4 (Multiplayer)

• Level   1
    I find it truly funny how as CoD (Treyarch) tries to move away from the sub-genre it created, more and more devs try (are forced) to try to emulate it.

For Halo this simply doesnt work! List inc :

1. Loadouts, srslywtfguise - spawning with DMR (will get to that later) is just plain dumb, there is a reason why in all previous Halo games you were not allowed to spawn with p much any weapon you wanted, spawning with plasma nades too, no long explanations needed there. just wtf were you thinking 343!
    I get that you probably wanted to give the players cool grenades with cool mechanics without having to work to get them in order to offer these new players more interesting things to keep them playing and interested in your game, but spawning with plasmas just adds another layer of imbalance and further hinders vehicles in this game.

2. the DMR, zero recoil, 4 body 1 head kill is strong enough as it is, but being able to hipshot spam someone from across the map and kill them within a few seconds is pathetic, every map, every player its the same story. Team-spawn in the middle of the map, step out from the rock and get DMR'd by 2 people in a matter of seconds. 
    This playstyle which everyone has seemed to adopt has ruined any pacing in this game. The fact that auto aim is ridiculously over-tuned adds to mindless spray across the map crap when you spawn on one side of ragnarok and the Coddies on the other side, the battle begins for the ultimate war for right trigger domination as auto aim decides who will headshot who first. 
    There's no CQC in halo 4 as you can just backpedal with a DMR holding down right trigger because auto aim aims for you and you slow down anyone who tries to sprint-melee-headshot you like you could in reach, topped off by extra bullet damage cqc is nerfed further.

3. Promethean vision, aka wallhackz0rz - wtf is this lol, i really do not know where to begin here, with thrusterpacks being a watered down (nerfed) version of the dodge armor ability from Reach, theres not much of a reason to not roll with P.vision in 90% of the maps. Combine this with DMR and you have people hiding behind walls, using the ability, and just popping you as you run past. 
    And yes I am aware of the phrase 'if you cant beat it, join it' but is that really the best way to counter this stupid, child pleasing mechanic? And another note for the thruster pack and how some people seem to defend it by saying you can use it to get behind cover, Hard Light Shield allows you to do the exact same thing only better, as you're made invulnerable from the front whilst using it as you move into cover.

4. Instant (cod) respawn - In NO previous Halo game was there an instant respawn option, and for good reason! You cant simply expect to attach a feature that works well in CoD in a game that plays so different from CoD to begin with and hope for it to work out well... 
    Big Team fights are just too much of a cluster F with no downtime, and with everyone content to just standing behind rocks spamming DMR's the chances of spawning > dying within seconds is near enough guaranteed.

I, like most people are p sick and tired of devs, or producers forcing devs, to throw things at the CoD wall and hope it sticks. Games are more commonly than not feeling more and more dumbed down as time passes, instead of helping these simple, casual CoD players (as they make up for 80% of the FPS gaming playerbase by now) adjust to your once fantastic game, 
    why do you try to give them the same game in hopes that it will bring you more money and more players? (I realised i just answered my own question there :p). Believe it or not it is possible to cater for casuals and not just for CoD players, there is a difference.

Go, pick this thread apart! Just pls try to hold back on the whole "if u dont like it go play cod" reply xD
    • Level   5

Besides load outs I see no similarities, and what game doesn't have load outs at this point...

Facebook.com/PassTheController

• Level   1

Besides load outs I see no similarities

what does that actually mean? is that english?

and what game doesn't have load outs at this point..

so because lots of multiplayer games have loadouts, that's an excuse to implement loadouts to a game in which it  clearly wont work/dosen't work?  that's like saying guys should wear makeup because all the girls do it. what kind of twisted logic is that? 

• Level   1

bump (ignoring the first reply for obvious reasons :p)

• Level   2

The Thruster Pack needs major work I agree with you on that 100% but I think that the DMR and Battle Rifle are balanced but that is just my opinion. I just don't see it being a crazy problem I have died to all the starting weapons and I just don't see the DMR being to OP(I use both the DMR and Battle Rifle evenly). Promethian Vision...well in Halo if you move everyone can see you on the mini map I guess the vision just adds another layer to that but Halo to me has been a game you can't really hide in so it does not bother me plus you can see on the mini map when they use it I think if I remember right lol. I did not enjoy Reach MP at all but I loved Halo 3 MP and Halo 4 feels like the best of Halo 3 and Reach so far I'm having a lot of fun. Plasma Grenades where so easy to pick up and have on Halo 3 that does not bother me in Halo 4. The only thing I though was useless was the Thruster Pack I mean am I doing it wrong? I use it and move 2ft lol WTF!?

• Level   2

If the thruster pack worked like it does in Flood all the time, it might be useful, as it stands, it's useless, you're better off rolling with either P.Vision or Hardlight Shield.

Other than that, I couldn't agree less...

The DMR is fine, try using it at close range against an assault rifle, see how it turns out. If you ask me the Light Rifle is kinda OP, deadly at close range, deadly at long, but you earn it at level 21, so if you play this game at all you'll have it in no time.

P Vision isn't overpowered in the slightest, you can only really see people if they're close up, and it recharges slower than a snail.

Loadouts are fine, they encourage people to try different tactics, now there's no 1 strategy that's universally dominating.

Are you really complaining about getting into the game faster? Jesus when will it end....

• Level   1

P Vision isn't overpowered in the slightest, you can only really see people if they're close up, and it recharges slower than a snail.

Loadouts are fine, they encourage people to try different tactics, now there's no 1 strategy that's universally dominating.

no offence mate but is that actually your opinion? the dmr < assault rifle up close? you must suck at aiming because they do on par damage and one is miles better at range. The light rifle is the same as the DMR but easier to use and getting at level 21 is not fair at all because that means people who've played the game for longer have a massive advantage over people who have a life. The whole point of this thread is to complain at how the universally dominating tactic is loldmrshoot across the map you imbecile, loadouts have not helped this at all because there's no tactic variety since the only weapons you ever pick up will be incineration cannon/rocketlauncher/sniper/splazer and other than that you just stick to dmr-ing across the map.

P vision is extremely overpowered because any ambush tactics using CQC boltshot/shotgun/energysword are negated by the click of one button because some idiot dosen't have enough awareness without it. It recharges fast enough for you to use it in the next fight. 

• Level   1

@ Bayou Bulldog

The DMR is fine, try using it at close range against an assault rifle, see how it turns out. If you ask me the Light Rifle is kinda OP, deadly at close range, deadly at long, but you earn it at level 21, so if you play this game at all you'll have it in no time.

The thing is you never actually get into close range in this game what so ever unless you exclusively play smaller maps, and even then youre dead before you can even hope to get close with DMR taking you out in 5 shots... I've played this game a fair bit now, and the amount of times ive even gotten into a fight with an assault rifle has probs happened less than a handful of times. Theyre dead before the fight gets that close, by my DMR, or my entire teams. 

For starters you can see people at a great distance, its more than enough to allow you to get ready to get the jump, in smaller maps most of my deaths will come from a guy thats used p vision and is sitting waiting for me. Compared to p much every other ability its ridiculous

LOL are you serious? Encouraging different tactics? Have you even played this game? why the F would you go super melee when you get DMR'd and done in before you can even get close, 99% of players pack DMR's, Ragnarok is a prime example, go play it in big team, its just a never ending stalemate in the mid, the war of DMRs

Are you really complaining about getting into the game faster? Jesus when will it end....

Clearly you are missing the point (like everything else in ur reply lol) Without good pacing this game just becomes a cluster of never ending DMR spamming in the middle, without a cooldown period there is too much havoc, maybe when you play and constantly get DMR'd upon spawning every time you'll see what I'm talking about.

• Level   4

All they have to do is update the play list to allow for a "barebones" type of games without all of the upgade stuff. They will get around to it I imagine.

<Mod Removed - Keep it clean please. This is a warning. Thanks!>
    • Level   1

And leave the other gamemodes hogging all the proper playerbase with massive unbalances? These 'barebones' playlists should've been here from day 1, reach had them so halo 4 deserves them. And the playbase sticking with this dmr grenade nuking crap because they bought the game due to its name being "halo 4" not "halo: chronicles of COD" deserve it too

• Level   1

MAN !!  there is a whole nother list that includes how bad this game is... let me sum it up here:

kill cam... ~~~~ needs to go. within the next update that rolls out this week.  It is the most frustrating object of HALO 4 I have ever seen.  It is completely inaccurate, it is completely lagging at 15 fps slower than usual,  it shows me them killing me without having their reticle no where near my hit box.  They even show me killcam recordings with them shooting at me through walls.  This is very frustrating and broke 2 TV's already by throwing my 2 halo 4 controllers through them.

Big Team Battle Objective  ... ~~~~~~ where is it?  I don't see BTB CTF anywhere in matchmaking or in *** @@@ war games

join in progess  ... ~~~~~~~ gtfohwtBS .... what is this garbaje ??? your stuck in black screen half the time for a useless person joining into the game who actually thinks is going to be the hero to save his already losing team. . . When people join in it blows:  you are stuck in black screen.  When you join during a game already in progress you are always put on the uneven side (obviously), and start the game on the losing team cause your behind in points.  how fantastik. !! :)))))

Free For All  ... ~~~~ where is it?  why does everyone run after the "king" to get "points" and still know they are getting shot in the back.  What happened to most kills = win

Black Screen 4 LiFe  ... ~~~~~~~~~ my old gamertag was Blue Screen 4 LiFe back in the good ol' days of HALO 2.   For a reason.  by all the standby-ers and hackzorz and faggz... you were stuck in blue screen for life.  and so on in halo 3, and so on in halo 3.1 and so on in halo 3.5 reach and so on with halo 4.  what the hell 123 industries... the only thing you had to was to change and re-code from the already given code of how to make money on a 10 year franchise is to get rid of in-game BLACK SCREEN .../  I'm stuck in black screen half of the game cause of people quitting and joining in.  If bungie or microsoft or whoever the hell invented matchmaking should incorporate a YOU CAN NOT QUIT A 8 MINUTE match of multiplayer online.  I still don't understand why they got rid of personal dedicated servers where you had the option to host a server and see your stats on the leaderboard and was known of how good of a lag free server you have.  anyways, this is another subject not fit for halo forum.  But being able to run your own servers on xbox live was awesome before xbox 360 was invented.

Uneven teams at start up  .... ~~~~~~~~  people are quitting yet they are still in the lobby when the countdown ends you are stuck with a game that has no one on the other team... the game goes on, the map loads, you WIN.  no one is on the other team and you end up having a win on your record.  and using one of your double exp codes.  besides the point.  you are a party of 4, end up with party of 5... you are party of  7 in BTB, you end up with an enemy team of 8 players.  why does it have to force games when there is no one in the lobby and/or uneven amount of players.  you can't even see if they belong to a squad of 4, 6, 7, 8, 3, or a single party.   wtf is this....

Halo 4  ... ~~~~~ where is it? what happened to it?  i can't find it anywhere.  

Please feel free to add on but I have to go now cause my exp cap has been lifted... Now I can go back to playing this bad game.

• Level   5

Daniel100x

no offence mate but is that actually your opinion? the dmr < assault rifle up close? you must suck at aiming because they do on par damage and one is miles better at range. The light rifle is the same as the DMR but easier to use and getting at level 21 is not fair at all because that means people who've played the game for longer have a massive advantage over people who have a life. The whole point of this thread is to complain at how the universally dominating tactic is loldmrshoot across the map you imbecile, loadouts have not helped this at all because there's no tactic variety since the only weapons you ever pick up will be incineration cannon/rocketlauncher/sniper/splazer and other than that you just stick to dmr-ing across the map.

P vision is extremely overpowered because any ambush tactics using CQC boltshot/shotgun/energysword are negated by the click of one button because some idiot dosen't have enough awareness without it. It recharges fast enough for you to use it in the next fight. 

Light Rifle isn't as powerful as you think, It lacks accuracy to mid range challenges, that's where BR will take the action. But Light Rifle is evenly matched to DMR at Long Range. Promethean Vision can easily be countered with Wetwork Specialization or Camoflage. It's not overpowered at all.

• Level   5

I like the guys that use Promethean Vision. They chase my Hologram more so than others.

SilvrgunSuprman @ Trueachievements.com

http://www.trueachievements.com/SilvrgunSuprman.htm

• Level   1

I consistently see the same complaints...

Let's all go back to Halo 3, where all these horrible things didn't exist.

• Level   4

I S I T y I X I

Kill cam... ~~~~ needs to go. within the next update that rolls out this week.  It is the most frustrating object of HALO 4 I have ever seen.  It is completely inaccurate, it is completely lagging at 15 fps slower than usual,  it shows me them killing me without having their reticle no where near my hit box.  They even show me killcam recordings with them shooting at me through walls.  This is very frustrating and broke 2 TV's already by throwing my 2 halo 4 controllers through them.

Really?  You broke 2 TVs because of laggy kill cam?  In the actual game they killed you fair and square.  So because of a little something that occurs during respawn countdown of a portion of a video game and has no impact on the actual game, you broke 2 expensive pieces of technology?

Free For All  ... ~~~~ where is it?  why does everyone run after the "king" to get "points" and still know they are getting shot in the back.  What happened to most kills = win

Totally agree with this.  Hopefully they should add it in soon (though it should've been there from day 1)

Black Screen 4 LiFe  ... ~~~~~~~~~ my old gamertag was Blue Screen 4 LiFe back in the good ol' days of HALO 2.   For a reason.  by all the standby-ers and hackzorz and faggz... you were stuck in blue screen for life.  and so on in halo 3, and so on in halo 3.1 and so on in halo 3.5 reach and so on with halo 4.  what the hell 123 industries... the only thing you had to was to change and re-code from the already given code of how to make money on a 10 year franchise is to get rid of in-game BLACK SCREEN .../  I'm stuck in black screen half of the game cause of people quitting and joining in.  If bungie or microsoft or whoever the hell invented matchmaking should incorporate a YOU CAN NOT QUIT A 8 MINUTE match of multiplayer online.  I still don't understand why they got rid of personal dedicated servers where you had the option to host a server and see your stats on the leaderboard and was known of how good of a lag free server you have.  anyways, this is another subject not fit for halo forum.  But being able to run your own servers on xbox live was awesome before xbox 360 was invented.

This only happened to me a couple times so far, but I thought it was due to the host leaving (a problem in just about every MP game - though with others, it might just kick you back to the lobby).

Uneven teams at start up  .... ~~~~~~~~  people are quitting yet they are still in the lobby when the countdown ends you are stuck with a game that has no one on the other team... the game goes on, the map loads, you WIN.  no one is on the other team and you end up having a win on your record.  and using one of your double exp codes.  besides the point.  you are a party of 4, end up with party of 5... you are party of  7 in BTB, you end up with an enemy team of 8 players.  why does it have to force games when there is no one in the lobby and/or uneven amount of players.  you can't even see if they belong to a squad of 4, 6, 7, 8, 3, or a single party.   wtf is this....

This... needs to be fixed.  Had a game earlier starting with 6 people.  You'd think it's be 3 vs 3 but, nope, 5 of us against 1 guy.  Although others joined his team quickly (no black screen either).