Halo 4 XP Ban

• Level   3

"This Account has been temporarily banned from earning XP. http://www.halo4.com/ban"

Anyone else gotten this Msg in halo 4?

Hope they are going to do something about this "banning" system, going in for play regicide to assasinate persons but then after a couple of games i get banned?

My mate went for toilet for maybe 5 mins and when he got back the game was over and he got banned too... all im saying is then need to get it fixed to or many persons are going to sell the game...

thye could do like if u are AFK more than 30sec to1min then u will be throw out of the game..!

• Level   6

A game can last around 10 mins. So being AFK for 5 is around 1/2 the game! I say if you plan on leaving the game then do so. From what I see there is no penalty for leaving.

Also, from what I can tell, you don't get banned for AFKing one time.  

Halo 4 Ambassador

• Level   3

well we have ban now, cant do much about it and dont know how long it will while. have read some foras and people says 24 hours all up to a week... all i say is there should be a afk detection insted they might be afk for like 3-4 games..

• Level   6

There is afk detection which is how your friend and yourself got the ban. hehe :P

Halo 4 Ambassador

• Level   8

You AFK'd and got punished. If you knew you'd be a long time, quit the game.

-

Oh, and five minutes in the toilet? I don't think you'd AFK if you knew you'd be that long.

• Level   3

Men, i was not afk, i was just only assassinating people in Regicide? many of the games i had 0 deaths so i think that is why i got the ban cant see why else?

my mate was afk he got it (we allready new that..)

• Level   6

i had 0 deaths so i think that is why i got the ban cant see why else?

Nope. You will not get banned for zero deaths.

Halo 4 Ambassador

• Level   3

yea? 0 death can say u might play vs noobs or u are good? man if 0 death give us ban, how the *** are u gonna get perfection commendation?

Not like i wanted to go here but i just want to know why the (mod removed) a ban for that and how long is temporarily is in 343's heads...

• Level   6

You will not get banned for zero deaths. As stated above. You will only get banned if you AFK (I guess we should say AFC?) for long periods of time over and over again. Nothing to do with zero deaths. I have played plenty of games with zero deaths.

Halo 4 Ambassador

• Level   2

They are watching your stats, if they seem uneven, like having zero deaths in alot of your matches, you will be temporarily banned, I know 2 people who did the regicide boosting, took one session, ONE game, and they were banned from getting xp for 24 hours

• Level   6

They are watching your stats, if they seem uneven, like having zero deaths in alot of your matches, you will be temporarily banned, I know 2 people who did the regicide boosting, took one session, ONE game, and they were banned from getting xp for 24 hours

This is just me guessing : but if they are using a beefed up version of the Halo engine then chances are they are also using , and built on, the same bots that auto detect cheaters and afkers. Which means if you are doing a lot of AFKing they will find you :)

Halo 4 Ambassador

• Level   2

I got the ban when I just got on x box some guy said it would take 1 day to end or 3 Idk

• Level   2

I K o P p n I

"This Account has been temporarily banned from earning XP. http://www.halo4.com/ban"

Anyone else gotten this Msg in halo 4?

Hope they are going to do something about this "banning" system, going in for play regicide to assasinate persons but then after a couple of games i get banned?

My mate went for toilet for maybe 5 mins and when he got back the game was over and he got banned too... all im saying is then need to get it fixed to or many persons are going to sell the game...

thye could do like if u are AFK more than 30sec to1min then u will be throw out of the game..!

Mass Effect 3 co-op had a similar problem when it first came out. Players would join and remain AFK the entire match just for free exp.  My suggestion to Bioware was to introduce an autokick system that would remove people that were AFK for more than a couple minutes. After a couple months they actually took the advice and added the autoboot system!!  So maybe Halo 4 could do the same thing.  If someone is AFK for more than 2-3 minutes, autoboot them.  There is no penalty for leaving the game so it would not hurt anything at all. Plus since its join in progress now,  someone else could come in and play to fill their spot.  Would work very well.  In fact many games have this option now.  COD, BF3, ME3 co-op, and many more. 

• Level   6

The auto boot system will be great, however I still think these bans are needed. People will find ways around it, like putting a rubber band on the joystick to keep the player moving.

Halo 4 Ambassador

• Level   4

I can say that I have a friend who has a medical issue that takes them to the restroom for about 5 minutes at a time.  This will happen sometimes as often as once every two to three matches, but mostly just once or twice a night.  We have yet to receive a ban of any kind.  

Note: we were on separate xboxes but from the same house.

We are also much worse than you all seem to be since we celebrate if we only die an amount that I can count on two hands ;)