Split screen

• Level   1

Anyone aware if Halo 4 will support split screen for multiplayer with 2 players on one console as in Reach, ODST etc?

• Level   3

it has been confirmed

Nice catch.......with your face!!!!

• Level   7

It should be four, but after they messed that up in Reach it probably won't happen.

Retarded, but their choice.

Removed by Mod

• Level   4

So old thread I know.  But I just gotta say the split screen in Halo 4 is awful.  What the hell do they pay alpha testers for.  Did anybody notice releasing the Lockout remake that in two player split screen it is just choppy as hell.  I mean I don't expect to rack up the kills in split screen but,  I wouldn't be surprised if the FPS counter dropped to the low twenty's.

Just saying Lockout on Halo:2 running on the Big Xbox ran smoother than this...  I feel like I just time warped to a day when the Riva TNT 2 was king and I didn't have the 250$ to even the odds.

• Level   5

Maybe you should play split screen with 2 gold profiles.

I do that with my fiance and it always works fine.

Art is the expression of LIVE 

• Level   7

^

It SUCKS, and I do run with two Gold profiles, not that that would make any difference whatsoever.

Removed by Mod

• Level   2

2 on split screen is bad enuf .... but i have had people on my team playing with 4 on their account ....YIKES 4 way split screen, lord how big does your TV have to be to give each player a decent view ...... and yes our team lost the game, gee go figure

• Level   5

I don´t wanna use 2 TVs and 2 Xboxs at the same time.

One would need to sit in the living-room.

Split screen is needed.

It maybe don´t has the same visual effects like when you play alone.

But I prefer to play Halo how I used to play it and that is with someone or a group next to me.

Sure more the 2 people on one screen is bad.

Then we better split them off into smaller groups. 

Art is the expression of LIVE 

• Level   7

"Sure more the 2 people on one screen is bad".

Even two people is noticeably poor. Put three on one console and after a game or two you won't need to share, the others will probably have raged. Unlike most games in splitscreen, it gets ridiculously slow and choppy.

Removed by Mod

• Level   4

Ya, I played a majority of Halo 2-3 in split screen,  it wasn't a bad experience by any means.  The maps in Halo 4 that are sized like complex or larger,  and enemy drops in Spartan OPS,  just choke the system on split screen.  Gold accounts aren't the problem here.

-

There's always been the issue of quality degradation / screen size with split screen.  I'm talking Frame Rates.  See I can do plenty bad without these issues but when I play split screen and I win like 1-10 games I gotta point the finger at choppy graphics.  I am solidly 1/1 with wins and loss's on any game.  Ok so I go split screen.  I could expect to go to 1/2, win/loss.  1/10  I gotta say its not me, its the game.  I never did this bad on Halo 2-3 in split screen.  It's not like I can do worse with the jet boost they add'd.