Mass Effect Auto-Level Up?

• Level   2

Just been into town and got my hands on Mass Effect 1 & 2, Just wondering should I put Myself & My Squad on Auto-Leveling, or just My Squad, or just jump in the deep end and learn?

Also, what difficulty should I first start out on? I've been thinking Casual, be'coz I read somwhere that all the found weapons & levels can be use'd on the harder difficulty levels, is this true?

A detailed Answer well be most helpfull, Please hurry I'm sat in the Game main menu.

Thanks,

~Niruin

• Level   2

Niruin

Just been into town and got my hands on Mass Effect 1 & 2, Just wondering should I put Myself & My Squad on Auto-Leveling, or just My Squad, or just jump in the deep end and learn?

Jump in at the deep end. The game will try and create balanced characters and while it might seem like a good idea to have a few points ini everything you are best off creating characters that compliment each other.

For example if you are running an Engineer Shepard and putting points into Decryption then it is a waste of time levelling that power up to a large degree in the squad-mates. 

Niruin
    Also, what difficulty should I first start out on? I've been thinking Casual, be'coz I read somwhere that all the found weapons & levels can be use'd on the harder difficulty levels, is this true?

Personally I'd go for Normal for the first time because that'll give you a good level of balance and challenge. A note for later on though is that when going for the difficulty level achievements you can't change it once you've started playing, so as soon as the game starts set it at what you want and never touch it.

In Mass Effect 1 you can chose to start a new game and pick Select Existing ID to bring your Shepard and everything they have into the new run. 

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   1

Cool thanks for the info as well def getting this game soon

• Level   2

I would definately do the levelling up yourself. Part of the fun of the game is choosing the skill points youself. I am playing ME1 as a new character for the first time in along time. I forgot how fun it was.