I am invisible in Max Payne 3 multiplayer

• Level   2

I just bought Max Payne 3 yesterday on demand. Played a bit of campaign until I wanted to jump in to multiplayer. I downloaded all the free dlc's and got in to a game. I spawned in the game, not being able to see myself, only my guns I had equipped floating in the air. My first round, I thought I was destroying because of my K/D, but it seemed odd that whenever I was shooting at someone, they fire at every direction. I was starting to suspect I was being invisible or something like that. I walked up infront of a few guys. None of them was shooting at me and then I realized I really was invisible to the other players. This is a known glitch, but unfortunately, it's affecting me. Yes, it is an advantage to me, but I don't want to be playing with an unfair (REALLY UNFAIR) advantage. Does anybody know how I fix this? I want to play a real game of Max Payne multiplayer.

• Level   1

Rockstar is alledgedly working on a fix

• Level   1

Same story. Just received the game from Amazon a few days ago and after playing the single player for awhile I wanted to give Multiplayer a go. Before my first match I downloaded the compatibility DLC, one that gives me access to the Hoboken Rooftops, and I believe the other free one was called "Gorilla Warfare". I noticed immediately I was just a floating gun but I figured there was some sort of compatibility issue with an update I didn't get or less likely this was the way it was supposed to be so I'd have a better field of view. It wasn't until I noticed I was doing way too well for a newbie and then another player complaining that he couldn't see me that I realized it was a bug giving me an unfair advantage.

I dropped out immediately because I didn't want to play that way either and because I was a little worried I'd be reported and penalized for exploiting. I'm relieved to find out that it's a "known bug" and that I won't find myself in trouble over this. I figured I'd post the details of what took place step-by-step in-case the right people read this and in the event it's helpful in resolving the issue.

I should also point out that I noticed that none of the character models were showing up when I was trying to view the Avatar options(Locked or Unlocked) before my first match. I saw the background but nothing else for the male or female versions. I opted to play as a male soldier with the first available avatar option. My first match started me in at the last few minutes of a Team Deathmatch round on the Branco Offices Map. The second match was the Hoboken Rooftops Team Deathmatch map.

• Level   1

I have this too. Stopped playing multiplayer though has i read online that some people think that your hacking. Not playing a game where someone thinks im cheating. Single player is amazing though!!

• Level   5

There was a patch released on Friday that hopefully fixed this issue.

• Level   5

I haven't seen any invisible people yet.  Though the spawning still sucks.

• Level   1

I agree ramir180, Max Payne 3 has the WORST spawning system ever. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the game, but I HATE the spawning with such a passion. Sometimes u give ur enemies free kills just for respawn in front of them in the most randomly places.

And yes the last's Friday's patch got rid off invisibilty bs.

• Level   1

The first time I went online, I was invisible just like you. i thought I appeared invisible to myself only due to me probably clicking a button to change camera. My first match I got a 20-1 record (death was due to booby trap) :)

I just went out of Multiplayer, go into my loadout and avatar section and the bug was cleared.

V