The Tar Pits

• Level   3

First, I apologize if this has been asked already, I can not find the search function on these new forums. 

I am trying to navagate my out onto the island at the Westlake Tar Pits and for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it.  Any help would be appreciated.

• Level   3

It's a maze.  You must use the camera angle to see the "boardwalk" just under the surface of the tar.  Some of the boards will fall out also, so you must keep moving.  There must be a photo of the correct path out on a website somewhere.

• Level   2

If you circumnavigate the main pit around the island, you should be able to see wooden boards below the tar. All you need to do is step from board to board before each one sinks, and they snake around before reaching the island...

"...And if you stare into the Abyss long enough, the Abyss stares back into you," Freidrich Nietzsche
    • Level   1

I just stuck to the right hand side of the paths and ran for it. Probably not the in-depth answer you're looking for, but it worked for me.

• Level   4

If you angle the camera down you can faintly see the walkway, just keep following it. I took the left route coz I fell into the tar when I went right. =/

• Level   2

Just take the right path and never stop. When you reach the fork that leads forward and right (to the island), take a right. You'll automatically leave the island after searching through the evidence there, so don't worry about the return trip.

• Level   2

I also found that with your contrast lowered, it makes it harder to see the planks in the tar...move the slider up a bit to lighten up the scene...or play in B&W (game actually looks better in this mode - beautiful in fact without the color).

• Level   5

Hmmm,maze?I must have been extremily lucky,i just followed the way....

• Level   7

point the camera to where your looking down at phelps hat you can clearly see a boardwalk just follow it around didnt take me long...

GO BUCS!! & MAGIC!!

NBA 2K GOD

XBOX ONE DAY ONE

• Level   4

Angle the camera straight down on him & you can see the boards just below the surface.

"GET BACK IN YOUR CAGE!" - Paul Steigerwald