Does the Treasure Glitch affect 100% Completion?

• Level   5

Hi all, in my Tracking Hobbits level, I ran into a glitch where the count of Treasures found went to 4/3.  After the level, when it was counting my studs, etc., it updated this to 0/3 even though I have found them all and they are in my inventory.

My questions are:

1. Has anyone else run into this and did it impact the 100% completion at the end?

2. If I redo the level, would it count it up correctly and set it back to 3/3?  I've been afraid to replay it thinking that maybe it has a "3" stored behind the scenes somewhere and if I do it again it will reset to "0".

Thanks in advance for the help.

(I am saving the replay for the end, so if I complete everything else and 100% doesn't pop, then I'll reply the level and let everyone know what happened.)

15k - Silver Tongued - Dragon Age: Origins
    20k - Awakening - Skyrim
    25k - Abstergo Entertainment - Assassin's Creed III
    30k - Brass Balls - BioShock
    35k - Big Winner - Team Crossword (OOOPS)
    40k - Stalhrim Crafter - Skyrim

• Level   5

Just a follow-up to my post in case it helps others.  I can confirm that this glitch DOES impact the 100% at the end.  :-(

I am missing 1 mithril brick and it is from the Tracking Hobbits level where it says I have 0/3 treasures, even though I have confirmed they are in my Treasure Trove.

What I have tried so far:

1. Replayed the level on Free Play digging up all 3 spots where the treasure was.  In each case, it gave me a blue stud instead of the treasure, so the game knows I have them.  I played until I got the 3rd treasure, and then saved and exited.

My next attempts:

1. Play the whole level on Story mode to see if I can reset the counter.

2. Play the whole level on Free Play, all the way to the end to see if that makes a difference.

I am not hopeful that either will work, so I seem to be stuck.  I am disappointed, b/c 4 achievements are stuck due to this 1 glitch.

If anyone else has run across some similar and knows a work-around, PLEASE let me know.  :-)

20k - Awakening - Skyrim

• Level   5

Another update - did some searching and found this forum which mentions a potential patch.  (www.gamefaqs.com/.../64785866)  I haven't found anything more on when it might come out.  I have also contacted TT Games but haven't heard back yet.  I will keep posting updates here for anyone else who is impacted.

20k - Awakening - Skyrim

• Level   5

Here's a quick update from TT Support.  (I like how I keep responding to my own post.  It's like talking to yourself electronically.  lol)

This is the summary of an email chain between me and Sam from TT Support.  (Email address and full names removed to protect privacy.)

Me: Is this right area to submit bugs with Lego: LotR? I am at 99.2% and my last mithril brick in the whole game is bugged. If this is the right place, please let me know and I can give more details. Thanks!

Sam: Sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having. We're currently investigating the issue, with the hope of releasing a patch in the near future (unfortunately i cannot provide a date at this time). Once the patch is approved, we will announce a live date. (360 and PS3 only).

Me: Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  Will this patch fix existing saves, or will I need to start a new game?

Sam: The patch will fix existing saves, as you load into Middle-earth, the achievements should unlock.

Me: Great news - thanks Sam.  I will keep an eye out for news of a patch being released.

20k - Awakening - Skyrim

• Level   5

Just so you know they had a glitch on lego star wars 3,very similar to how this sounds,and they kept promising to fix that one too.

There are many people still at 930/1000 years later.

-

lego games are the worst for glitch`s and screen freezes of any games i have played.

• Level   2

I'm experiencing something like that, though I'm not sure if it's in the same level (I can't remember off the top of my head). I've read a lot about Lego game glitches, like THEOWENKILLER said. If this is the same glitch, it will be the first one to prevent me from getting an achievement (I've been lucky). Harry Potter Part 1 had a nasty glitch about not being able to reenter a certain area that had a bunch of collectibles. I did experience that, but I luckily got all of those collectibles but one. And the last one I was (again, luckily) able to enter a code for. I think TT did at least give codes for all of those collectibles (they couldn't fix the glitch is what I gathered) but I could be wrong. I know Harry Potter Part 2 was definitely patched at least once. I can't imagine them not patching this game. But keep in mind it's been out only about a month. Not sure how soon most games come out with their first patch (it probably just varies), but I would think about this time would be about average. And they did at least confirm they are working on it. But cross our fingers the situation THEOWENKILLER brought up won't happen again.

I will say that Lego LotR has frozen up more than any other Lego game I've played. It's been A LOT. Actually, more than any other game I've ever played. Especially in 2 player.

• Level   2

Just checked. I'm having the same issue but on the Weathertop level. I definitely saw that 4/3 thing also, but I can't remember which level. But if it's related to the fetch quest items, then it must have been Weathertop. I have at least one of the fetch quest items for this level (the purple hat) and have given it to the sheman-dwarf. It popped up again in the level as I was playing it tonight, but couldn't pick it up again. Even though I was able to pick up all the treasure kits for the level again despite having 10/10 kits for that. *shrugs* I guess I'll open a support ticket with TT also. Sometimes more glitch reports (ie demand) gets things rolling faster.

• Level   5

I sent TT another email yesterday looking for an update.  Here is the response I got.  Looks promising...

Me: Do you have an update on a potential patch for this?  Or I heard in some other games, TT was able to give out codes to unlock certain items.  Is that an option?

Sam: The patch has been submitted, so now it’s a waiting game. Hopefully this month \ early January.

Me: Thanks for the update, Sam.  This is encouraging news!

20k - Awakening - Skyrim

• Level   5

yeah!!

You want to know what a good day is?  A good day is when i above ground.

• Level   5

Received an unsolicited email from Sam this morning.  Sounds like the patch is HERE!!!!

Sam: We’ve recently released a patch for the 360 and PS3 (Europe), which addresses a number of issues. The patch corrects current save games, which means you do not need to start again.  The patch will be available on the PS3 in North America, at the moment we do not have a release date from SONY.

Me: That is great news, Sam!  Does this mean the Xbox patch is available now?  Or do you have a date when that will come out?

Sam: The Xbox patch is available now. Please follow your console manual on how to install patches, I’m not allowed to tell people how to do it....

20k - Awakening - Skyrim

• Level   5

I tried last night and was disappointed when the patch did not download.  :-(  I just tried it now and the 4MB patch downloaded.  As soon as I loaded the game, the cheevo popped for having all the mithril bricks.  I fast traveled to Bree and made my last Mithril item and the 3 remaining cheevos popped.  Everything works great!

20k - Awakening - Skyrim

• Level   1

Sorry for what is probably an obvious question... now that there's a patch were do we get it?  I'm in the same boat as the rest of you guys and would love to finally get 100%.  Help!

• Level   1

Try clearing your cache,then when you go to play the game again it will force you to install the latest update.

• Level   6

thanks for the info will have to rent this game again as i was stuck needing the artist hat hope it works

• Level   1

Thanks for the tip... a friend has the game so I haven't had a chance to try that yet.  I will update when I get to that point just so others will know in case they're in the same boat as we were.  Cheers all...

Snack